• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts new details (SP); You are dog

imaE0iYYCJxAC.gif

neoism

COD going the way of the bullshots?

Sad. But not unexpected.

No way the game will look that good.

If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

that good? Must be the only one that think it looks pretty bad my self. Just not impressed at all with the graphics.

Sethos

Banned
Seeing all the ash in many scenes does remind me of a giant volcano, however an eruption on that scale would leave a large part of the world dark 24/7 and there's too many day scenes for that. A single meteor just doesn't seem to 'fit in' with what we've seen - I'd go with a meteor shower i.e orbital bombardment, could fit the bill with sporadic but not extinction level damage.

kuYuri

Seeing all the ash in many scenes does remind me of a giant volcano, however an eruption on that scale would leave a large part of the world dark 24/7 and there's too many day scenes for that. A single meteor just doesn't seem to 'fit in' with what we've seen - I'd go with a meteor shower i.e orbital bombardment, could fit the bill with sporadic but not extinction level damage.

To be specific, it's supposed to be kinetic bombardment. Like a weaponized satellite I guess. Think Hammer of Dawn from Gears or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

Mechazawa

Oh gee, IW. Thanks. I was just begging for that unsignificant, cobbled rehash of a much better character but with the same voice (?!?!?) to come back in some way.

Ghost? What the hell was so interesting about Ghost?

He's Gaz with a cool mask. The mask is the only thing interesting about Ghost.

King326

So in online mode there should be a dog vs dog tdm mode. The killstreak would be set at 10 kills, humans are called in to come clean up the shit left on the battlefield... then the fight resumes.

DOOOOD! If they can have a multiplayer mode where its 16 vs 16 human controlled dogs...

I will laugh my ass off and play the shit out of it... BRING IT!

Sober

Yeah, no kidding. Venezuela is going to have a field day with this if they're mentioned (already happened with Mercenaries 2!). And please, it's pretty much impossible that the USA is decimated by South American countries.

I bet they're going to mention revolution of the continent.
Canada to be new North American superpower! Muhahaaha!

fred

Anyone else reminded of the Bone power-up from Rise Of The Triads with controlling the dog lol. That game was awesome, wouldn't surprise me if that holds the World Record for the most amount of secrets in a video game. It was a true classic, made using the assets from Wolfenstein 3D if I remember correctly..? A definite cult classic.

Tugatrix

The dog need to have some obstacles to tackle, one of them could be attractive female dogs that distract him from the mission.

Now more seriously, IW pull your shit together, work the graphics and improve the gameplay, that is my major problem with the franchise, you don't innovate on this aspects, every game is exactly the same, only the story changes. The story seems interesting enough, but that was never a problem in Call of Duty games, and this won't be different.

[*]Actual battles take place underwater

But are they based on actual battles that took place in Japanese history?

Joking aside, these gameplay additions seem like much needed innovation for the COD franchise after MW3 and Black Ops 2 being sequels to games without adding much new gameplay.

webkatt

I'll buy this day one if you can exclusively play as the dog through SP.

No Guns, He Bites
No Grenades, He Bites
No Knives, He Bites

Maximus.

Despite the shitty graphics, I may jump back into the series with this game, unless the reviews are not outstanding. The dog mechanic sounds interesting.

So in online mode there should be a dog vs dog tdm mode. The killstreak would be set at 10 kills, humans are called in to come clean up the shit left on the battlefield... then the fight resumes.

That's not too insane, there was suppose to be a cut game mode for Black Ops 2 where everyone on the map was controlling the A.G.R killstreak.

did anyone mention needing to bark at kinect ?

GOTY confirmed.

RevDM

Banned
So I'm at the airport and there is this 10 year old kid I can overhear talking about how excited he is about this game; particularly the fact you can play as a bomb sniffing dog.

I wonder if he ever fucked my mom.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So I'm at the airport and there is this 10 year old kid I can overhear talking about how excited he is about this game; particularly the fact you can play as a bomb sniffing dog.

I wonder if he ever fucked my mom.

da fuck

Shauni

Damn, it's hard to follow a mom fucking, but to get back on topic:

The dog stuff does sound rather goofy, I guess, but it could be a nice addition if done well enough. I don't get these games for SP really, so anything that's relatively fun and passable is good to me.

naw. it'll be optional. Smartglass on the xbone, Vita on the PS4.. Gamepad if it makes it to WiiU

OT, but people realize that PS4 is getting a companion app similar to SmartGlass, right? I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that the Vita will be PS4's SmartGlass when PS4 is actually getting a SmartGlass competitor app.

Some reading material on it:

VideoGamer

The companion app turns iPhone, iPad or Android-based smartphones and tablets into a second screen for your PS4, letting players purchase titles from PlayStation Store remotely, chat with PSN friends, watch their friends’ gameplay videos or "give them game tips".

US.Playstation

The “PlayStation® App” will enable iPhone, iPad, and Android™ based smartphones and tablets to become second screens for the PS4™ system. Once installed on these devices, players can view in game items, purchase PS4™ games and download them directly to the console at home, or remotely watch the gameplay of other gamers playing on their devices.

On top of that, games can release their own companion apps for either system, which it seems like Ubisoft, specifically, will be pursuing...

Of the games I’ve seen so far The Crew, The Division and Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag all have companion apps remotely running aspects of management and, in the the case of The Division, letting you actually play in PS4 games. Albeit it as a Drone.

Sorry for the tangent, just something I keep seeing everywhere that seems to be misinterpreted.

You know you have too much blur when you can't even tell what you are looking at anymore.

At first glimpse I was surprised to see a cyberpunk street in cawadoody, then after looking at the full size screenshot I realised he's just on the side of a building looking down.
From potential cool artstyle straight to shitty setpiece:(

Top Bottom