• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts (WIi U) profiled by ONM

also

Banned
Activision isn't purposely going to cause their game to bomb. It doesn't make sense. Nintendo on the other hand continues to push games back, refuses to bring games overseas that have a chance of being successful, and have done many other things since the Wii U launched that have helped it bomb. I don't blame this on Activision.

It's Activision's game. If they want to announce it, they can.

Eusis

Activision isn't purposely going to cause their game to bomb. It doesn't make sense. Nintendo on the other hand continues to push games back, refuses to bring games overseas that have a chance of being successful, and have done many other things since the Wii U launched that have helped it bomb. I don't blame this on Activision.
I doubt Nintendo's going to be very heavy handed about how a third party game's advertised unless the platform simply wasn't announced yet or they planned some kind of promo. Which may well be what's happening, to get more interest drummed up on Wii U they have SOME incentive in mind to make people want it there, maybe Microsoft's DLC exclusivity had a loophole so Wii U could get it at the same time?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Activision itself didn't want to admit they were working on this game for the WiiU a little while back, even when we already knew that they were. So yea, it's them.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'll definitely buy it, but only for Wii U. That's my system of choice and, though I love Nintendo properties, I'd also like third-party titles!

I guess yiu missed the launch of the wii versions. Also, what games are they refusing to bring overseas? That's an honest questuon. The inly one ti come to mind right now is Friend's Collection.

Mlatador

Banned
Might really get this. It will more than likely have great pointer controls. And sadly, I don't know any other shooter right now with them, so...

XPE

Usual it will be getting ported by Treyarch and Treyarch and IW will not be talking to each other.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Bought BO2 for Wii U, it's alright. Graphically it looks no different to the other versions from a standard point of view (I think it's worse when you get into particle effects and all that shit) but GamePad is nice. Lack of a good community and low amount of people online hurts it though, I was hoping it would pick up after a few months but it never did. Seems you can only get a good/full game in a TDM/FFA or Ground War. I can only see that happening again for this title too. I think I'll just get the PS4 version.

Every Wii CoD port (even the IW ones) were done by Treyarch. Doubt that changes now.

That's my assumption, it's common for magazines and sites to display the wrong developer (usually they just list the publisher as the developer or assume the main team is doing it).

Eusis

Every Wii CoD port (even the IW ones) were done by Treyarch. Doubt that changes now.

IIRC the article mentions IW is working on it. let me ask on twitter...
Probably not as troublesome this time, the game's hitting 360/PS3 afterall, so it's not a complete downport like MW1 and MW3 were (more like just a regular port really.) Nevermind that IW kind of emptied itself of a lot of its staff shortly after MW2's release, so I can't see this being the same IW as from then.

Malvingt2

The article says that the developers for the Wii U version will be Infinity Ward, which would be interesting as previous Nintendo versions of Infinity Ward Call of Duty games have been handled by Treyarch.

That is really interesting..

antonz

Infinity Ward of today is not the Infinity Ward of West and Zampella days where they couldn't bring themselves down to the Wii level to make the game. Infinity Ward much like Rare is just a brand today

Infinity Ward of today is not the Infinity Ward of West and Zampella days where they couldn't bring themselves down to the Wii level to make the game. Infinity Ward much like Rare is just a brand today

Go figure that Treyarch 1-uped them by bringing MW to Wii with Reflex Edition.

Probably not as troublesome this time, the game's hitting 360/PS3 afterall, so it's not a complete downport like MW1 and MW3 were (more like just a regular port really.) Nevermind that IW kind of emptied itself of a lot of its staff shortly after MW2's release, so I can't see this being the same IW as from then.
IW has grown a lot since then, though.

Wasn't much hope of them doing MW3 given they even had to bring on board Sledge to help them out with the other versions.

On a secondary note I find the magazine rules bemusing. Are they really copyrighted? Surely once it is on sale it is in the public domain and can be photographed with no issues?

If I took a photo of my phone and posted it here no one would bat an eyelid, yet the design of the phone is copyrighted and if I had the screen on then any graphics displayed would likewise be copyrighted.

Legit question, I am not sure why they are so sacred and special?

Indeed, you'd think a screenshot someone took of a game with a character showing would be showing copyrighted IP and thus shouldn't be allowed either!

But rules are rules of course!

xandaca

As usual my buying this is contingent on it having pointer controls, but it almost certainly will so chances are I'll be there. I've generally preferred Infinity Ward multiplayer maps to those in Treyarch games (BOII's maps are pretty bad IMO) so hopefully that'll continue.

Eusis

I DO wonder whose left and what they do, I figure they're above Rare in that regard but absolutely not the same as they were. Nevermind how often other developers have to co-develop now whereas this was unheard of with MW1/2 or maybe was relegated to DLC only.
IW has grown a lot since then, though.
Right, that'd make sense. Probably less a brand and more like if 343i got to be called Bungie while Bungie as we recognize it left and formed a new company to make Destiny.

Malvingt2

Lulz @ people thinking onm is worth anything

Well

However, in the August issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine (ONM), which is now going out to subscribers, there is a page in the E3 preview section dedicated to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the Wii U. As ONM rarely – if ever – publishes misinformation, this seems to be a confirmation that Call of Duty: Ghosts will find its way to Wii U on November 5th.

so yeah

More games is a good thing. Call of Duty is still the biggest game in the world.

I only pick up the Treyarch releases (starting with WAW late 2012 all at discounts) because of their support of Nintendo consoles. Creating Wii versions of COD titles and porting the IW versions themselves as well as the actual story interests me more. Even Black Ops 2 had well done Wii Remote support and a constant updates. I'm not a online multiplayer guy but I bought it for local play with friends as it supports all controllers including classic controllers. I think I may check out gun game today during double XP weekend.

As usual my buying this is contingent on it having pointer controls, but it almost certainly will so chances are I'll be there.

Agreed.

I've generally preferred Infinity Ward multiplayer maps to those in Treyarch games (BOII's maps are pretty bad IMO) so hopefully that'll continue.

Disagreed completely. MW3's maps were Swiss cheese with openings and entries everywhere. No flow at all. Black Ops 1 maps are probably my favorite, on whole, of the whole series (since 4), and BO2 is not bad at all. Good mix of longer sightlines and flanking routes. I feel Treyarch's maps accommodate more playstyles.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
So it's official. Excellent. I will definitely support Activision with a day 1 purchase
of this. Nintendo fans need to step up and support these third party releases when
they release. We're vocal ie: bitch when we don't get ports, we better damn well
support them when they do release.

faint.

So it's official. Excellent. I will definitely support Activision with a day 1 purchase
of this. Nintendo fans need to step up and support these third party releases when
they release. We're vocal ie: bitch when we don't get ports, we better damn well

What are you talking about? Half of the Wii U ports are half-assed versions of games that came out a year ago. Why would anyone support that?

hatchx

Banned

It's more curious why it hasn't been officially announced. It's the only SKU not to.

I find it hard to believe there are games coming to WiiU this year we still don't know about. I wonder if there is reason to believe COD:Ghosts isn't the only one, and if that missing 3rd party direct is ever going to happen.

It's actually so strange, I would almost think this is an ONM typo before all of this weird secrecy/Activision-Nintendo Hijinx

ultrazilla

Gold Member
The ones that are out already yes but not the one coming out the rest of the year.

^Correct.

Faint- CoD: BO 2 was *not* a half assed port nor was Need for Speed: Most Wanted
and Deux Ex is reportedly the "definitive version" according to the devs.

Most all WiiU ports have been on par or better then previous released versions
for other systems.

Radec

Funny how some here always says they will buy it on the Wiiu or day one, but come release day they don't give a shit and just end up saying things like "it looks like a half ass port".

No wonder Blops2 WiiU sold so well.. Oh wait.

Funny how some here always says they will buy it on the Wiiu or day one, but come release day they don't give a shit and just end up saying things like "it looks like a half ass port".

Why are you assuming that the people who say that they will buy on day one are part of the "they"?

It's nice how neogaf represents the entirety of Wii U owners.

I bought Blops 2 on Wii U, would you like picture evidence?

Top Bottom