• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Zombies

The tape is the reveal trailer. That's cool as hell.

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/765589355809218560

Huh, that's a cool way of revealing it. I hope they draw from 80's horror films for inspiration on what types of enemies to include and other locations to move to.

I know when it started. I'm just saying that the criticism that it seems odd they're doing an 80's astethic despite a future setting doesn't make much sense.

I don't know, I guess I was expecting them to push the space theme and gameplay elements more to add their own original twist to the mode instead of stick with the Treyarch formula.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Zombies is the only thing i still really enjoy from zombies and this seems super sweet. Will wait for price drop though

Eh...trying too hard with the 80's pandering here. Rubs me the wrong way to see a FPS juggernaut like COD jump on this nostalgia bandwagon.

Magwik

Banned
Eh...trying too hard with the 80's pandering here. Rubs me the wrong way to see a FPS juggernaut like COD jump on this nostalgia bandwagon.

image.php

Z7HeRxU.png

kulapik

It is indeed Paul Reubens as the director, and the cast is Seth Green, Ike Barinholtz, Jay Pharoah and Sasheer Zamata. There's also a DJ portrayed by... David Hasselhoff.

Blame the fans. There was outcry for it in AW and they caved and added it in the 1st DLC, supposedly.
Yea, they really showed their asses with aw. Should've been robots but they just had to have zombies.

Hopefully this'll be 6 player co op akin to squads. That'd would get my interested piqued, as we definitely need more co op modes with 6+ players.

I buy and play COD every year and even enjoyed Ghosts. But I will never understand the hype for zombies.
Same, it always get boring quick for me. I'm just not a fan of horde type modes.

Blame the fans. There was outcry for it in AW and they caved and added it in the 1st DLC, supposedly.
I mean I'd be fine if they took a spin on it. Maybe 32 player PvP zombies? Or maybe 8 player co-op open world zombies?

Just something different from Treyarch zombies.

Toa TAK

Banned
I mean I'd be fine if they took a spin on it. Maybe 32 player PvP zombies? Or maybe 8 player co-op open world zombies?

Just something different from Treyarch zombies.
They had a few different PVP zombie modes in Black Ops II. One of which was a PVP 4v4 mode where you were in competition to survive.

One could only assume the reasons those modes didn't survive was they weren't popular enough, despite Grief mode being plenty fun.

Open world would be fine, but if they do I really hope we can get away from Deep Silver-esque zombie game. And something better than Tranzit.

Menitta

This looks awesome! I haven't been interested in Zombies since Black Ops 1 and this is just what I needed to get back into it.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
It peaked in BLOPS 1. It's been downhill ever since.

The only reason I'd even tie this sentiment is because of the Ressurection map pack that brought all the old maps with the added 3 guns perk, as well as having some "okayish" original maps alongside dead-ops.

W@W still has the best maps and weapons though, and the performance is better than in the remakes (the updated engine chugs on Shi no numa really bad).

Ultimetely, I feel safe in saying nothing really beats the original zombies. I think there was some interesting ideas like Transit mode that could have gone places, but they never really bothered (why was there no transit DLC?) and I think the story 'lore' fucked with them giving original settings (the overworld having to be burnt and ashy forevermore, bleck).

edit: Also, gimmick maps suck. Nobody wants a big super hard to kill/unkillable enemy chasing you constantly. Running around the maps is the easiest strategy and it's boring. Let players turtle and stop discouraging it since it epitomed on the Der Reise catwalk.

BBboy20

So, you've done Aliens before, now being straight-up sci-fi, and in space...and you chose Zombies......................

Matticers

I'm going to be burned out on zombies and won't want to play it anymore in future games if every CoD game has it. I liked it better when it was a Treyarch thing. It was something to look forward to. I'll give it a shot anyway. Hopefully it's not too complicated like some of Treyarch's maps.

I'm still pissed that they got rid of Extinction, though. That was by far the best thing about Ghosts. I had so much fun playing that with friends. That's what I mean... it was just a nice change of pace from playing zombies in other CoD games. Now it's just... more zombies. They have to throw actors and silly themes at us to keep us amused with it at this point.

Top Bottom