• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

whatbrown

Banned
Next Elite content drop for Xbox Live members will be on March 13.

-- New Multiplayer map: Black Box
-- New Spec Ops mission: Black Ice
-- New Spec Ops mission: Negotiator

The first content collection pack will be available for non-Elite members on Xbox Live on March 20. Content collection pack #1 will feature the MP maps Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch, and Black Box as well as the Spec Ops missions Black Ice and Negotiator. No price has been announced.

PS3 Elite users will get Overwatch on March 27.

So, anybody on Xbox will be able to play all 3 content drops before people who paid for Elite on PS3 even get to play the 2nd of 3 content drops? Seems legit...

njean777

This game has some serious hit detection issues, when I shoot first and my bullets literally fly through a person there is a big problem...

Tifou

Banned
There's s FOV changer specifically designed for the game, should be easy to find on google.

It's not bannable either.

Yeah, I found FOV changer by AgentRev. I will try it but really dont want to be banned by VAC

I wish IW added it in the game option

thx

kuYuri

March is a busy month for 360 Elite and non-Elite members.

liaPh.jpg

LJC9e.jpg

VpXde.jpg

mzttA.jpg

DtPLL.jpg

zWnMr.jpg

79Qkd.jpg

yDRNY.jpg

Is anyone elses mic audio really low on PS3 after the update? I can barely hear anyone talking. My mic volume is turned up.
Didn't see this answered yet. For some people after the update their game/chat volume settings were mucked with. Either go into options before you get into a game and you can change them there, or alternately once you are in a game you can also bring up the options and adjust in there.

I'm really annoyed by the cancelled Op.

Me and my friends had such a blast last weekend playing them and were looking forward to the new one.

Are there like 5 people working at Beachhead? How long can it take for them to go through all of this stuff?

Here's something I've been meaning to ask, but it just completely slipped my mind.

For the Xbox guys, when you are partied up specifically in a group of 6 players, is there often long waits to find games?

On the PS3, we often have to limit our group to just 5 because when we have 6 we'll literally sit around waiting for minutes just to find a lobby/players. Sometimes it works alright but for the most part when in a group of 6, I think the system tries to find either another group of six or other times it'll be like 2 or 3 single players plus then a group of 3. It's super frustrating, but not sure if it's just an PS3 thing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The matchmaking is trying to find other players to where that one person isn't split. Most of the game modes don't allow 6 vs 6, do they?

kuYuri

Best Buy has the DLC collection up for pre-order, $14.99. Download code.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CALL+OF...]/1000001604.p?id=1000001603&skuId=1000001604

My question, if you did pre-order this, and the price was actually higher, would they honor the $14.99?

Debating if I should just wait for the collection pack or go out now (thanks, tax return) and purchase the membership.

They honored my Hardened Edition preorder at $79.99 before they corrected it to $99.99 , so I say if you're getting this, definitely go for it. Although I also fully expect the DLC to be $15, but you never know.

Took a peek at Robert Bowling's twitter just now. He responded to someone, about whether it was worth buying elite and his response was:

Over 24 pieces of content included in the subscription which also gives you the Elite features.

Mistake? Or can we really expect 24+ pieces of content? It's already up to 22. 24 makes sense if they do plan on releasing 4 collection packs, with 6 pieces each.

And I would be surprised if the packs cost $14.99. A pack of 4 maps from previous games cost $15...but because it's now 4 maps + 2 spec ops, I feel they'll bump it up to $20. That's why I asked about the best buy preorder.

kuYuri

Frankly, I don't think most people will stomach another $5 price hike, especially since CoD Elite was kind of meant to be $10 savings... we'll see soon enough I guess.

MrDaravon

I already discussed a possible $20 pricepoint with some of my friends (almost no one bought Elite) and that's an outright deal breaker. Fuck, with the Elite playlist setup and almost no one on my list having Eilte, Elite has almost been nearly useless for me since I have to basically play by myself to get the maps, and if they price the DLC at $20 no one's going to buy it so I'd be pretty much done with the game. Will be interested to see if they try to get away with that or not.

http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/contentcalendar

They've added two extra contents to the content calender. Any predictions as to what those are? I'm guessing SP campaign stuff, since they are listing it as "classified."

I just saw elsewhere that Rob Bowling has said on Twitter there will be 24 pieces of DLC (and has said that new weapons and old maps are possible but just not confirmed), and there are only 22 on the calendar but an advertised 20 minimum.

What is the actual deal here?

I also don't know how I feel about weapons being added via DLC. Anything like that really, weapons, perks, killstreaks etc. would be hard to implement I'm guessing. Weapons definitely would, could a non-paying person pick one up off the ground? Or killstreaks, would it be B.S to be killed by something that's not attainable because you haven't paid for it?

I already discussed a possible $20 pricepoint with some of my friends (almost no one bought Elite) and that's an outright deal breaker. Fuck, with the Elite playlist setup and almost no one on my list having Eilte, Elite has almost been nearly useless for me since I have to basically play by myself to get the maps, and if they price the DLC at $20 no one's going to buy it so I'd be pretty much done with the game. Will be interested to see if they try to get away with that or not.

Everyone bitched about the $15 MW2 DLCs and it turned out to be the highest-selling DLC ever.

There will be enough idiots that would buy a $20 map pack at this point.

eek5

I wonder what's going to happen with playlists when the DLC comes out. DLC playlists, ELITE playlists, regular playlists? What are they going to cut to make room?

Top Bottom