• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Gamernyc78

Banned
On another note, I'm really digging the graphics and the new engine. This engine is going to look bonkers on next Gen. Often times I'm playing and checking out the background, or objects flying around after a grenade hits, scorch marks stay on the spots after you respawn, etc...

Reactions: Isa

GenericUser

Any tips for the coop mission Operation Kuvalda ? Me and the guys tried it for 5 hours straight, could not make it. I really want Golem, Krueger and Otter ...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The new Shoot House is a fucking awesome map. I daresay the best in the game. Balanced extremely well and does 3 lane with 1 intersecting lane.

If you got any weapon specific challenges its also highly recommended since you will be right in the action and get kills fast.

Thank god it isn’t just me. I swear I am behind cover and on the replay it shows me standing way out in the open. I believe this goes back to how the bullets actually fire from the character model. I read the bullets actually come from the models forehead and not the gun. Which could make sight lines not line up properly with what you see vs everyone else.

Geki-D

Banned
Man, the LMG nerfs are pretty much making them near useless. Enemies can eat bullets now at long range and just shrug them off like they're nothing. You see that sniper glint and aim bang on, they'll just sponge up all the dmg and line up their shot. I'd have rather they increase recoil rather than lower dmg range.

RaptorGTA

Shoot House is awesome. Looks like they didnt fix the mission issue. Just got several kills and person UAVs and nothing changed....

#miller

What's everyone's take with the new balancing

I am quitting until the next patch. Can't "feel" a difference ingame. 725 still ist still a strong ..
On top of that: Missions are still not tracking correctly. Loading and sound errors when trying to join a game make it a chore to start the game.

Geki-D

Banned
What's everyone's take with the new balancing
LMGs are cap guns now. The 725 is pretty much the same, the 12 gauge isn't far behind it. Everyone still using the M4 and seeing as my M91 is now ass I switched to the M4 for the first time yesterday; feels like I'm playing a different game in terms of time to kill. Rate of fire on the M4 is insane.

Last edited:

MastAndo

I'm enjoying Shoot House - but I'd be enjoying it more if I didn't have the hip fire and mounted kills left for my M4 gold camo. I feel like a jerk just mounted around a corner for far longer than I should be, but I need me gold. One guy executed me twice in a row and I was happy for him - he was the diesel Russian dude, so I got my head stomped for good measure and everything. I also basically never hipfire with an AR, so the remaining 50 or so kills should be fun.

Some of the challenges are just not conducive to fun/non-annoying gameplay styles...but I guess they are optional after all, so one can't really complain.

Kagey K

Banned
I think I hVe proven over and over to some people playing that if I can get drop on you at long range the Oden is a beast.
The M4 isn’t the monster everyone thinks it is, it’s just because it’s the first easy gun you unlock everyone loves it.

I crack M4 users all the time, even if they shoot me first. This thing is a beast if you can get it leveled up a bit.

Mista

Banned
I think I hVe proven over and over to some people playing that if I can get drop on you at long range the Oden is a beast.
The M4 isn’t the monster everyone thinks it is, it’s just because it’s the first easy gun you unlock everyone loves it.

I crack M4 users all the time, even if they shoot me first. This thing is a beast if you can get it leveled up a bit.
And I can come and drop you with the MP5, P90, and MP7. Oden is a beast indeed but the fire rate is crucial here. I’d pick the AK over it

Kagey K

Banned
And I can come and drop you with the MP5, P90, and MP7. Oden is a beast indeed but the fire rate is crucial here. I’d pick the AK over it
I try to avoid those fights. I like sticking at a long to medium range on the outside of the map. Very rarely do I go tromping through buildings.

But I have been able to nail a bunch of point blank kills by being surprised.

Gerdav

Exactly this there is nothing wrong with the M4, because it’s there effectively from the start of create a class it means the gun was ranked up and a lot of attachments were unlocked almost by default, when switching to a new unlock you have to go through the pain of ranking it up, most people just seem to be giving up comparing a base gun to a super duper all singing dancing ranked up gun and going back to the M4 proclaiming it as the god AR.

Mista

Banned
I try to avoid those fights. I like sticking at a long to medium range on the outside of the map. Very rarely do I go tromping through buildings.

But I have been able to nail a bunch of point blank kills by being surprised.
Smart player, I like that. Sometimes unfortunately you don’t get to decide

Kagey K

Banned
Exactly this there is nothing wrong with the M4, because it’s there effectively from the start of create a class it means the gun was ranked up and a lot of attachments were unlocked almost by default, when switching to a new unlock you have to go through the pain of ranking it up, most people just seem to be giving up comparing a base gun to a super duper all singing dancing ranked up gun and going back to the M4 proclaiming it as the god AR.
I know when the M4 gets it’s inevitable nerf they will all be coming for my gun next. And that will make me unhappy.

Right now I can out snipe snipers and still hold my own on anything outside of the 725 slug range.

Gerdav

I know when the M4 gets it’s inevitable nerf they will all be coming for my gun next. And that will make me unhappy.

Right now I can out snipe snipers and still hold my own on anything outside of the 725 slug range.

Yeah I agree I’m currently using the M13, got it ranked to 39, the only gun I have any issues with is the 725 I have no clue how that got through any kind of testing without being picked up on.

The problem is it’s almost human nature to act the victim and blame someone or something else, you have people running and gunning with a AR and then rage the “bullshit” when a SMG or a shotgun destroys them at close range without ever considering what they are doing wrong.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I agree I’m currently using the M13, got it ranked to 39, the only gun I have any issues with is the 725 I have no clue how that got through any kind of testing without being picked up on.

The problem is it’s almost human nature to act the victim and blame someone or something else, you have people running and gunning with a AR and then rage the “bullshit” when a SMG or a shotgun destroys them at close range without ever considering what they are doing wrong.

I try to take every death as a learning experience. I got out of cover, or a ran through an open spot, but I get mad when a killstreak hits me as I spawn or someone is getting shot and I go down with them.

There is no lesson to be learned from that.

Gerdav

I try to take every death as a learning experience. I got out of cover, or a ran through an open spot, but I get mad when a killstreak hits me as I spawn or someone is getting shot and I go down with them.

There is no lesson to be learned from that.

You Learn more in life period never mind just in games from your mistakes than you ever will from your successes, one of my favourite quotes in life is this,

“They say doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of crazy.”

The other issues you say yes that is bad game design, that’s what IW need to be concentrating on not pandering to babies.

Lesleyy

Neo Member
Anyone else on #teamm13?! Man, that gun rips. You can feel the slow-ish movement, but it makes up for it in damage and stability.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm enjoying Shoot House - but I'd be enjoying it more if I didn't have the hip fire and mounted kills left for my M4 gold camo. I feel like a jerk just mounted around a corner for far longer than I should be, but I need me gold. One guy executed me twice in a row and I was happy for him - he was the diesel Russian dude, so I got my head stomped for good measure and everything. I also basically never hipfire with an AR, so the remaining 50 or so kills should be fun.

Some of the challenges are just not conducive to fun/non-annoying gameplay styles...but I guess they are optional after all, so one can't really complain.

For sure you are asked to do some garbage stuff. But without the handgun challenges I never would have discoverd tbe revolver. So satisfying in every way, makes you feel like Blade Runner when you start putting on attachments.

Roufianos

A 60GB update to an already 110GB game? I'm so confused as to how this game which is literally a 6 hour campaign and a few maps is what, the same size as Read Dead?

Mista

Banned
Anyone else on #teamm13?! Man, that gun rips. You can feel the slow-ish movement, but it makes up for it in damage and stability.
Me. Gun is so good I love it! People that are stuck with the M4 or whatever one weapon they’re playing with are missing out
Would you guys recommend jumping into co op missions solo? Haven’t tried that mode yet.
You can but it needs lots of communication. It’s very challenging

TUROK

A 60GB update to an already 110GB game? I'm so confused as to how this game which is literally a 6 hour campaign and a few maps is what, the same size as Read Dead?
Game world size doesn't necessarily have much to do with storage size. You can generate massive levels with relatively small sized height maps.

After unlocking the M13, I can't really go back to the M4.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I love this game. After shooting shields for months in Apex, this is exactly what I needed. I want more and better maps though.

Tanks are annoying in ground war btw....

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I switched from the Oden to the Scar tonight since I maxed my Oden and holy shit does this gun feel weak AF.

Takes me like a billion bullets to do what my Oden was doing, and losing some range means snipers are actually killing me now. I used to be able to go toe to toe with them.

Gerdav

Euphrates Bridge has got to be one of the worst maps in gaming, I wish I could filter this POS out of rotation, it’s reaching the point when it comes up all your seeing is players backing out, I’m literally about to join them in doing it.

Euphrates Bridge has got to be one of the worst maps in gaming, I wish I could filter this POS out of rotation, it’s reaching the point when it comes up all your seeing is players backing out, I’m literally about to join them in doing it.
Seems like in TDM there's only 5 maps in rotation and I'd like to back out of 2 of them.

I'm finally playing the single player campaign and I have to say it's very cool... that old COD feelings... in addition it's graphically crazy.
Thanks
Infinity Ward, for me it's a clear step forward in the saga.

Gerdav

Seems like in TDM there's only 5 maps in rotation and I'd like to back out of 2 of them.

I agree the map rotation is getting old, I don’t think I have played anything bar Domination on Euphrates Bridge, also is it just me but it seems you turn the game on for a hour and get the same 2 or 3 maps constantly, then later on a different rotation, I just played 4 games and 3 of them were Arklov Peak and the one was that bloody Bridge.

Top Bottom