• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition Official Thread Of Pre-Alpha Screens

Tab0203

Here's the youtube version: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Wii Controls

Quick demonstration (camera-, player-movement). Sorry about the quality. The settings are in the description.

Music: Call of Duty: MW OST - Showdown, Main Theme

jufonuk said:
Different strokes for different folks, man :D
Exactly. (was that in response to me?) He can play his shooters with a couple of d-pads, as far as I'm concerned (single-player at least). As long as they're not designed with d-pads in mind:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19297239&postcount=528
Zeliard said:
Many console shooters are also limited due to the control scheme - I think they're held back by the control scheme.
ConcealedBlaze said:
It's worth noting, however that many FPS's currently (such as Fear 2) are designed with a gamepad in mind, so the game isn't really balanced for a m/kb set up. ... This is a perfect example of a game being developed with consoles in mind.

I don't go into PS360 threads posting things like: "Why would you ever consider it on PS3/360 when you have a PC?" or "If you're gonna get this excited over an fps game, then why not try the dozens of FPS games on the PC?"

Wii FPS threads:

if you're gonna get this excited over an fps game, then why not try the dozens of FPS games on the PC/360/PS3?
Why would you ever consider it on Wii when you have a 360/PS3?
So wait people are claiming dual-analog controls are bad now? :lol
Regarding the controls, there is no argument. Both analog and Wii controls work fine. Anyone suggesting that one is superior to the other is wrong. It's all a matter of opinion.

*edit*
Call of Duty: Black Ops Wii thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22364945&postcount=55
Genesis Knight said:
Drinking Hatorade said:
after playing red steel 2 i'm interested in playing more FPS games on the wii. i really enjoyed playing with the wiimote.

how was MW:Reflex overall? were the controls pretty solid? if they can deliver good controls and a full-fledged online component with CoD: Black Ops I may choose the wii version over the HD console ones this time around.
If my wife wasn't still asleep I would be laughing really hard right now. So I'll just giggle quietly to myself.

I hope you're joking.

Well I don't own a Wii, so I can't be twelve.

If you've got a choice of what console to play a game that's known for a) its graphics and b) its online play, you choose the Wii version? That's pretty funny.

Previous page:

Karram said:
For some reason reason I entered this thread, and I'm surprised by how many people who don't a PS3,360 or a capable PC. I would like to know why though ?
UltimaPooh said:
He does offer a valid question...

Is it cuz you guys only own Wiis?
nerbo said:
Some people are strongly opposed to playing the good version of games and insist on playing a version with watered down visuals, contrived control schemes and horrible matchmaking, then making ridiculous excuses for it along with absurd complaints about the many clearly superior (on every level) versions. Corporate allegiance floods their cortex until the difference between good and bad is reduced to a mere brand-name experience.
*edit* "I'm surprised by how many people who don't a PS3,360"

Really? You get all the familiar annoying PC problems (mostly due to multiple hardware configurations), plus a few extra ones, without any of the advantages. Super computer...

PC

Pros:
- full access to files (cfg, music, etc.)
- tweaking/customizing
- free DLC
- free mods
- free online
- M&KB/multiple control schemes
- upgradeable (faster install/load times, fps, improved image quality)

Cons:
- installing games
- game breaking bugs and glitches
- installing patches/drivers for games/OS (mostly due to multiple hardware configurations)
- noisy (depends)

PS3 computer entertainment system
360 videogame and entertainment system

Cons:
- installing games
- game breaking bugs and glitches
- installing patches for games/OS
- noisy
- SD+/sub 720p "HD" era (hilarious)
- multiple game installs (laughable, MGS4)
- unstable frame rate/tearing
- input lag, response time
- long load times
- paid DLC, online (360)
- dual analog FPS controls

I'm sure I forgot a few things.

- hardware reliability (360 (!), PS3, Wii)
- Sixaxis bluetooth problems
- texture pop-in (UE3)
- bullshots (PS3/360)
- pre-rendered cutscenes/CGI/FMV (PS2/PS3/360)
- multi-platform compromises
- downgradable? (OtherOS/Linux)

Pros:
- ...exclusive over-hyped underwhelming games?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Bump:

Still playing this online and enjoying it a hell of a lot...
any Wii gaffers still play this game online, I do miss the option to have voice chat (I play random games so cannot use vent etc)

Just looking back in hindsight if they included CC Pro support (for those who wanted it) and voice it would be for me , the best online Wii game.

other than that I am happy with it and have played the wii a hell of a lot

What are other Wii gaffers Views?

Weird that this topic got randomly bumped. I picked this up after a long time yesterday. It's amazing how much the controls add. I just can't wait for Goldeneye and Black Ops. :D

Wish we'd see/hear more stuff about them though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Rush2thestart said:
Weird that this topic got randomly bumped. I picked this up after a long time yesterday. It's amazing how much the controls add. I just can't wait for Goldeneye and Black Ops. :D

Wish we'd see/hear more stuff about them though.

This plus looking forward to conduit 2 and next year the grinder

Top Bottom