• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

I played a little after downloading the update. The only thing I really noticed is that when I get killed their is no death animation. Instead the screen changes straight to my dead body on the ground. I think this happened every single time. Anybody else experiencing this?

Yup...I'll just leave the lobby if bog is going to win the vote

I'm starting to do the same. The MEC spawn is just fucked.

I mainly play Domination and in the games I had tonight we were able to hold C and B but they would just sit back by the wall and snipe you as soon as you moved out to the street or through the cafe.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Note: opinion of someone who started cod mp with mw2.

Probably nuts as I seem to be in the minority but I'm not getting the love for this mp outside of pure nostalgia. Some of these maps are awful. Hard to see other players at times. Mantling sucks. Camping is prevalent. After playing more I get why people are annoyed by snipers now.

I could just be bad right now and need to adjust to the slower pace but so far having more fun with iw mp.

I'm ready for the remaining base maps to drop now! Showdown is my favorite map in the game.

I wonder if they are going to charge for the variety map pack separately, If they even release it at all. They have to right!?.

Bishop89

I'm ready for the remaining base maps to drop now! Showdown is my favorite map in the game.

I wonder if they are going to charge for the variety map pack separately, If they even release it at all. They have to right!?.
i need the other maps bad!

The rotation of same maps is too frequent!

witness

Just for this during the gamestop sale yesterday. It's so much fun, I forgot how much I loved this game. The campaign just looks incredible, cannot wait to really dive in over the long weekend.

Is this ever getting sold separately?

We can only hope. I purchased and only tried IW for maybe 3 matches on day one. Garbage. Only using it to allow me to play the far superior MWR. I know a load of my friends who want to play MWR but refuse to buy IW. Lets hope Activision allows MWR to be sold separately.

So am I the only one who wishes that Activision uses the "bones" of MWR to make a "boots on the ground - classic COD" COD Online or something of the like where new maps/modes/weapons/skins etc. are added constantly?

I know some purists want MWR to remain pure but i'm a sick fuck and would love to see them add in select maps from other CODs along with tons of new weapons and skins and other cosmetics. Give me CODs version of CSGO etc.

Bumhead

Banned
So am I the only one who wishes that Activision uses the "bones" of MWR to make a "boots on the ground - classic COD" COD Online or something of the like where new maps/modes/weapons/skins etc. are added constantly?

I know some purists want MWR to remain pure but i'm a sick fuck and would love to see them add in select maps from other CODs along with tons of new weapons and skins and other cosmetics. Give me CODs version of CSGO etc.

MWR should absolutely remain as exactly that; a Remaster of Modern Warfare. The moment you start changing or adding things that weren't in the original (at least major things like maps.. stuff like kill cam being added in is fine) it ceases to be what makes it so appealing in the first place.

I guess the problem for Activision is that a "Super COD" or anything persistent and ongoing is that it would cannibalise their annual sales. I'm already at a point where I think the old campaigns via Backwards Compatibility on Xbox and MWR is all the COD I need this gen. I guess Activision don't want even more people at a point where they have one thing that satisfies them enough to stop buying the yearly game. Recent trends would also suggest a "COD Online" would be a microstransaction shitshow.

You're definitely not the only one who wants Boots on the Ground COD back though. I'm playing World at War at the moment after picking it up on sale and I'm absolutely loving it. For me, COD needs to get back to that and quickly.

MWR should absolutely remain as exactly that; a Remaster of Modern Warfare. The moment you start changing or adding things that weren't in the original (at least major things like maps.. stuff like kill cam being added in is fine) it ceases to be what makes it so appealing in the first place.

I guess the problem for Activision is that a "Super COD" or anything persistent and ongoing is that it would cannibalise their annual sales. I'm already at a point where I think the old campaigns via Backwards Compatibility on Xbox and MWR is all the COD I need this gen. I guess Activision don't want even more people at a point where they have one thing that satisfies them enough to stop buying the yearly game. Recent trends would also suggest a "COD Online" would be a microstransaction shitshow.

You're definitely not the only one who wants Boots on the Ground COD back though. I'm playing World at War at the moment after picking it up on sale and I'm absolutely loving it. For me, COD needs to get back to that and quickly.

Agreed... it would totally cannibalize the yearly release. I think they really need to stop doing these 3 year cycled annual CODs and move persistent with two franchises... a boots on the ground version and a boots in the air version.

Both would be online MP only with constant updates and could exist for years and keep players interested as the only thing most really want are a consistent stream of new maps, weapons, cosmetics and the occasional new mode.

Any source for this? Not that I don't believe you.
You can see it in the game files of the Variety Map Pack. It, and 10 other maps were cut from COD4. A few made it into other games, but there are potentially 11 new maps to add that weren't in the final version of COD4.

Hanmik

6 "words" for December:

- Wet Work
- ShowDown
- Pipeline
- Countdown
- Strike
- Bloc

Please remember.

and then please give me my variety pack..! thanks.

Rainy Dog

I'm tempted to pick the PC legacy edition of COD:IW up on Friday mainly just for this.

Can anyone confirm if the controller support has aim assist in single player and offline multiplayer please?

Thanks.

Why do people seem to hate Crash and Overgrown? I remember these being popular maps back in the day but I'm now level 25 and I've not played a single game on either of these maps.

Why do people seem to hate Crash and Overgrown? I remember these being popular maps back in the day but I'm now level 25 and I've not played a single game on either of these maps.

Wait... what? I'm maybe in the 30 something levels currently and i've played every map a pretty even amount with maybe Crossfire leading the list (unfortunately). Odd. I see both of those a bunch. S&D is awesome on Overgrown.

Calmine

I'm tempted to pick the PC legacy edition of COD:IW up on Friday mainly just for this.

Can anyone confirm if the controller support has aim assist in single player and offline multiplayer please?

Thanks.

Yes, the PC version has controller support. I'm not 100% sure on the aim assist though. I would imagine it does as the PC version of IW does.

Not sure on offline, but you can do Private with bots like Black Ops.

6 "words" for December:

- Wet Work
- ShowDown
- Pipeline
- Countdown
- Strike
- Bloc

Please remember.

and then please give me my variety pack..! thanks.

I like all those maps except Bloc, I always left rooms when Bloc was chosen. It's like the sniping maps that's not an actual sniping map because no one would dare stick their head out too long. Then it just turned into SMG users running to the other side to cause havoc.

Can't wait to have them added though. The current number of maps is just too small and feels like we're playing the same maps ever other match. As for the Variety pack, I like those 3 as well(I only played Kill House once I think). I hope Activision doesn't try to charge us for that since I don't think they ever said a thing about it. But knowing me I probably would pay since use to love this game and the long break has made it fun again.

First off I hated World at War. I don't like old guns, I hated having tanks in the game, and I remember some of the maps being way too large. I just remember running non stop for maybe a minute and then getting shot from behind only to begin that charge again lol. But yes I definitely want boots on the ground to come back. Just not in the past though, keep it in the modern era. I'm not a fan of all the futuristic stuff we've been getting since Advance Warfare.

Picked this up for $21 last night by trading in FH3. Despite having both consoles, CoD has always been an Xbox series for me. So I got it for Xbox.

The Barracks says I've put 3 hours into the multiplayer today. All TDM. It's been interesting.

I am constantly missing things from MW2 (and beyond). I hate not being able to lock on to anything (helicopters) with my rocket launcher, and I hate that UAVs are not shoot-downable at all. Shooting things out of the sky has always been my surefire way to get points in this series. So I'm missing that. I'm the guy on your team who's always shooting down UAVs. You're welcome.

I played this game plenty 9 years so the maps are pretty familiar. Still, I suck most games. My K/D is well below 1, but it's such a swing from one game to the next. One game, I somehow got a 21-kill streak simply because I got lucky and got a helicopter, and no one ever tried to shoot it down. The kills kept coming and coming. That game I went 27-3. But it's much more common for me to go 6-10 or something similar. I go from having fun in one match and being infuriated (mostly at myself) the next.

I wish Downpour would get voted on more. I've only played it once and I like it the most. After only 3 hours, I immediately back out of Shipment, loss stat be damned.

The red dot sight makes such a difference.

These are just my off the top of my head thoughts.

Anyway, I doubt I'll miss FH3 so I guess I don't regret my $21 purchase. Oh and I played the first bit of IW's campaign and it seems pretty cool. I played about 2 minutes of one IW TDN match and quit. I'm not even going to bother with that rage that would provoke in me.

Menitta

I'm surprised how fond I was of Modern Warfare's campaign. My first Call of Duty was MW2 and I played MW1 eventually, but I was never super nostalgic of it. Just for All Ghillied Up.

This has probably been asked before and I'm pretty late to the party, but on PS4 do you have to completely download the entire game before you can play online? Or will just downloading the multiplayer be sufficient?

Edit - Well that answers that.. guess I'll play tomorrow

OmegaX0

Man, I never bothered getting any of the Intel in the original game so I never tried any cheats, but Ragtime Warfare is absolutely brilliant.

Top Bottom