• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Menitta

According to Xbox achievements, only 7% of people actually beat the campaign. Damn. It's the only reason I bought the bloody thing lol. Also I love the fact that they added Makarov in One Shot One Kill. The Time Paradox achievement is a neat one.

Snipers can really end up ruining matches. One of the things I don't miss from this game.

Had an Overgrown Dom match where the entire enemy team was sniping and they didn't even bother to try and take a flag the entire game.

Garudan

Banned
I'm sad this isn't standalone. I played Call of Duty starting with 3 and somehow skipped 4 then played WaW and MW2 through Advanced Warefare (only skipped MW3 I think).

I don't have any interest in IW but would really like to experience MW1 like I never did. Is there any news on this ever coming out on its own?

witness

This game is still so goddamn good and it looks fantastic on PS4, can't wait to see how this looks when I get a Pro in a few weeks. It's really even better than I remember.

Rippa

Do we know if this is 1080p on Xbox one? I feel that it has a blurry look to it.

I can agree. Some crazy aliasing or shimmering going on indeed. Still plays very very well.

I own both (split 50/50 digitally with roommate and brother) on ps4pro and Xbox one S. There's definitely a certain sheen and blur on the xbox version that is not present on the ps4. Makes it a little harder to focus down range. But it still plays as awesome as back in the day.

gray_fox224

I own both (split 50/50 digitally with roommate and brother) on ps4pro and Xbox one S. There's definitely a certain sheen and blur on the xbox version that is not present on the ps4. Makes it a little harder to focus down range. But it still plays as awesome as back in the day.

thx

//DEVIL//

Question. I am about level 55 in this game and I want to ask if I prestige , will I also lose the golden guns I unlocked ? If so fuck that I am going to stay same level

Did anyone get this game via a physical Legacy Edition on PS4? I got questions about it. Do you need to keep Infinite Warfare installed to play? If not, does the PS4 automatically start installing it if the disc is inserted (as you need it to play MWR)?

Ame

Question. I am about level 55 in this game and I want to ask if I prestige , will I also lose the golden guns I unlocked ? If so fuck that I am going to stay same level

If you're referring to your camo progression, that doesn't reset. You will have to unlock perks, weapons, and attachments again. Once you prestige you get unlock tokens though. You're allowed to unlock one item of your choice.

Jblanks

Servers are fucking garbage this weekend. 2xp but it's literally unplayable.

Went like 67-97 on Shipment, by far my worst game on Shipment so far. Other team is lagging around and melting me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is anyone having trouble uploading mwr videos to youtube? this is the only game that i'm having trouble with. even infinite warfare works...

nowarning

Game on PC needs an anti-cheat so bad. The small player base vs the amount of cheaters is absolutely killing it - and the silence from devs is pretty terrible. I wish they'd sort it out. I doubt reporting in-game does much, I keep coming across the same cheaters.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Game needs an anti-cheat so bad. The small player base vs the amount of cheaters is absolutely killing it - and the silence from devs is pretty terrible. I wish they'd sort it out. I doubt reporting in-game does much, I keep coming across the same cheaters.

cheaters? how? are you recording the gameplay?

ryseing

Fuck Vacant. Spawn trapped EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I know, I know- git gud. Still.

Did anyone get this game via a physical Legacy Edition on PS4? I got questions about it. Do you need to keep Infinite Warfare installed to play? If not, does the PS4 automatically start installing it if the disc is inserted (as you need it to play MWR)?

You have to have IW installed, yeah. Sucks because I want to use that hard drive space for other stuff, but...

Snipers don't fucking miss in this game, it's like every player is turned into an optic member whenever they pick one up, minus their in game awareness though. Doesn't help that you can't even see them after a certain range. Gotta admit they're ruining the game for me now.

Does anyone know what resolution the MP actual runs at on Xbox One? If I had to guess it would be 1280 x 1080.

Overgrown and Downpour look like ass with their fuzzy looking foliage. Same thing goes for any of the longer sightlines. Building edges have a shimmer and glitchy quality to them.

Man I forgot how much I love the RPD in this game.

Aside from adjusting to the slow ADS It's super accurate with the grip and can take down choppers in what seems like 5 seconds of constant fire. I Just spent an entire match of Shipment Domination taking down enemy choppers, so much fun.

ryseing

Raven really fucked it up.
COD4 always had spawn traps but it was always generally half the map instead of the weird ass corner BS happening on Vacant atm.

Yeah that point A bullshit is really pissing me off.

Even worse on Ground War which is what I primarily play. Keep getting put into matches on Vacant and it is awful.

Snipers can really end up ruining matches. One of the things I don't miss from this game.

Had an Overgrown Dom match where the entire enemy team was sniping and they didn't even bother to try and take a flag the entire game.

Unless everyone was really skilled and using that M40A3 with acog with SP perk, you're fine.

Best way to shut down snipers is a team full of assault rifles.

Played for a little while this morning. Campers everywhere. Just like the old days lol. It was fun though. I didn't think I would feel this nostalgic for the game, but I did. It was fun.

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
I am totally torn by the MP on this game. Prior to BF3, this was my most played MP game (from 2007 onwards).

So I fire it up, have a totally torrid time, but put it down to being rusty. Ok, to I have a few good games with some terrible ones in between, I can live with that...but....

1. Everyone is a bloody sniper
2. Spawn camping didn't used to be this bad....did it?
3. Need to get blind eye (or whatever it is called asap)
4. The levels, although nostalgic, are showing there age now

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of3f3O1Ihjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWnhcAnEok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3CQGdatNY&t=19s

What in the hell happened to the spawns in the last 4-5 days,
Went from bad to possibly the worst of the entire series and nearly unplayable.

Multiple enemies in the next room, I know lets spawn 5 guys in a line for them to kill.

I watched the top video and don't think that's a fair reflection. The player (you?) was getting a kill and by all accounts leaving the area, albeit barley before immediately returning for an easy kill.....

Bishop89

I am totally torn by the MP on this game. Prior to BF3, this was my most played MP game (from 2007 onwards).

So I fire it up, have a totally torrid time, but put it down to being rusty. Ok, to I have a few good games with some terrible ones in between, I can live with that...but....

1. Everyone is a bloody sniper
2. Spawn camping didn't used to be this bad....did it?
3. Need to get blind eye (or whatever it is called asap)
4. The levels, although nostalgic, are showing there age now

1. like always
2. yes
3. not necessary for certain modes
4. how so? They are designed better than the majority of maps from the past 5 years

I found it far more fun to play on the weekend that during the week- when its frustrating as all fuck. maybe just more casuals play on weekends. I dunno.

dummydecoy

Three questions please:
1. Can a 1060, i5 4460 run this 1080p 60fps?
2. Is there a server browser and most importantly asia servers?
3. Where can I buy this standalone without IW?

I've done some searching and found nothing, but figured I'd ask here: any kind of underutilized tips or glitches for the end of One Shot, One Kill on Veteran? I've been playing it for about an hour now, and man, am I fucking sick of it. I've gotten to where the Helicopter reinforcements come in, but I am at a total wall now.

The calling cards and emblems are so much better compared to IW. If they added new ones, I would be happy.

Some of my favorites:

V8VA3OQ.jpg

For this new CoD remastered, Did they fix the issue with that broken sniper and ACOG that does 1.5 multiple and OHKOs people without the health perk?

I've done some searching and found nothing, but figured I'd ask here: any kind of underutilized tips or glitches for the end of One Shot, One Kill on Veteran? I've been playing it for about an hour now, and man, am I fucking sick of it. I've gotten to where the Helicopter reinforcements come in, but I am at a total wall now.

I usually stood in the back left corner of the bumper cars and set up claymores all around the area. You have to kinda get lucky that they dont crush your ass with the pinpoint aim, but thats the best way to describe it. Use an AR if you can pick one up.

Maximus.

Picked this bundle up during Black Friday. Game still holds up. I forgot how much I hated snipers and some of the perks haha. Seriously though, fuck snipers.

I really hope they do MW2 eventually. MW1 was amazing, but MW2 was my absolute favorite.

Been a lot of noobs lately and I've gotta applaud the ones that stick a full game of Dom Shipment, it's fucking brutal for seasoned players at times let alone newer players.

Fuck spawning on my own martyrdom THREE times in a row lol

Top Bottom