• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, how much content does this have to be 80GB? Or does this 80GB include the whole MW content, but locked behind buying the rest of the game? :/

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Kay, not sure it's worth dling 80GB then, why can't they make it separate with just the required assets for this? Surely a lot of that 80GB is textures and assets and audio and videos only found in the main game.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
My 500gb launch PS4 is crying, a damn 100gb download. I assume it's installing most of MW?

lol

guess no told the game to turn the magnet off

(ill admit snap on is not a great way to descript it)

I guess the confusion comes because the SP in COD games usually have snap aim on top of aim assist. Aim assist in COD isn't even the strongest, it's pretty much needed (even if you would prefer no aim assist) or you'll be at a disadvantage to those who use it, and especially against m/kb.

First win after 3 PS4 matches.

The game is smooth, map is fucking awesome. Three player only shit is bad and I'd like to pick up the weapon attachments from the ground, like a classic battleroyale. It's ridiculous to get it out of the chests. Apart from these, it's a really enjoyable and long-term mode to be played. Congrats to Infinity.

a6a19040-6324-11ea-85zxk4y.jpg

G-Bus

Banned
Just saw this on PSN and decided to grab it. Free is nice.

Been playing a lot of apex again so curious to see how this compared. Hopefully the netcode is better.

RPS37

This is like 100GB on Xbox. I tried to download it and my Xbox told me I was out of space. I got so confused, but it was true. iAd 76GB FREE OUT OF 3.6TB on my 4TB external. How are we not running out of room in like 3 games on these new consoles? Someone go bump my thread with outrage.

Old Retro

I was astounded to download a 60 mb file overnight in the late 90s, and that was at work on a T1. Now it's at least 15 damn gigs every other fucking week?!?!? :lollipop_astonished: At least the game as a whole is fun.

Markness

Banned
Are the hardcore pc gamers ruining the game yet with hacks? How long until they do? A few days? A few weeks? I hopped onto CS:GO to get warmed up and remembered why I stopped playing MP on the PC (and it ain't because I suck).

Vlaphor

I gave this a fair shot..but I don't like battle royale and I don't like how bland COD games are, so I kinda dropped it quickly.

Am I doing something wrong or does the drop function completely different than in BLOPS4? When we drop, I try to get speed by dropping real fast and then you straighten yourself up to reach longer distances but in Warzone i just drop like a rock and parachute is super slow. Is there no way to like with speed reach another end of the map or is this it?

Gamernyc78

Banned
Am I doing something wrong or does the drop function completely different than in BLOPS4? When we drop, I try to get speed by dropping real fast and then you straighten yourself up to reach longer distances but in Warzone i just drop like a rock and parachute is super slow. Is there no way to like with speed reach another end of the map or is this it?

You click the controller down, the the direction your going to get to an area faster. I use a combination of parachute, the cutting parachute and clicking joystick down to get to where I want.

Not liking it just yet. Takes too long between matches, but that's understandable with the amount of people.

Why all the hate towards PC people? we are just against people using controllers correct?

VulcanRaven

Kay, not sure it's worth dling 80GB then, why can't they make it separate with just the required assets for this? Surely a lot of that 80GB is textures and assets and audio and videos only found in the main game.
I hope they make the download smaller. Also sometimes you need a lot more space than the file size on PS4. I could remove Red Dead Redemption 2 but it might still say that you need more space.

Last edited:

scalman

game is free , but then nothing is free in this world isnt it ? so you will buy tons of stuff there , but do you need those ?

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Game felt a little messy for my taste, but maybe I'll get used to it. The sound was amazing, though. Guns are packing a real punch, for sure.

DonJorginho

Banned
My Thoughts:

Map is absolutely huge and shit tons of fun, so much to do and loads of vantage points and places to go.

The vehicle variety is really good and most of the systems I am a fan of.

Would prefer to be able to add attachments to guns as sometimes I would get a gun I really wanted but the attachments would suck serious ass.

The Gulag system is really good but I am unsure if it will grow tiresome if you died and no-one else died for a long amount time so you were just waiting there.

Didn't see a feature where you all follow the jump leader, similar to APEX, as I think that could work really well, especially due to how big the map is.

Plunder is shit tons of fun, but annoyed me just how much cash you lose when you die.

Much better than Blackout overall for me, really cool ass mode.

Diddy X

Bigger map, more players, more going on. Bf may look better, but pointless if no one is playing it

I'm not too sure about this, WZ does have more players but the way BR works... I think BF could pull something similar with better graphics, in fact I played WZ yesterday and never was in any situation with near as much action as I am in every BF match, not hating on COD or anything I just never understood why its graphics are so behind BF's.

INC

Gold Member
I'm not too sure about this, WZ does have more players but the way BR works... I think BF could pull something similar with better graphics, in fact I played WZ yesterday and never was in any situation with near as much action as I am in every BF match, not hating on COD or anything I just never understood why its graphics are so behind BF's.

Because its using a heavily modded old engine.......maybe ?

BigLee74

Meh. Loadout drops are awful. So easy to get, and makes looting almost pointless (when it should always be a large part of BR at any stage).

Pubg still has the best gameplay mechanics out of them all, and the best pacing. Just a pity it runs like shit on consoles, especially during fights.

INC

Gold Member
This game is using a unique engine never before used in a Call Of Duty last time I checked, they made a big deal about it too.

Didn't digital foundry do a video showing yes it has new features, but still based on id tech?

So a brand new engine was slightly misleading

I may of dreamt that tho

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Game looks great.

About 140 fps with 1080ti at ultra 1080p ( game says 4k for some reason isn't the case its 1080p for sure ), 4k its 60 fps ( game says 8k for some reason ), game uses lots of v-ram tho up to 10gb from what i saw at max settings.

Raytracing on a 1080ti is about ~130 fps.

9900k sits at around 180fps where it bottlenecks.

All with all very good engine.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Game looks great.

About 140 fps with 1080ti at ultra 1080p ( game says 4k for some reason isn't the case its 1080p for sure ), 4k its 60 fps ( game says 8k for some reason ), game uses lots of v-ram tho up to 10gb from what i saw at max settings.

Raytracing on a 1080ti is about ~130 fps.

9900k sits at around 180fps where it bottlenecks.

All with all very good engine.

It also uses a lot of RAM, ~11GB of main memory and ~7GB of VRAM in 2560x1080 for me. That's good!

Last edited:

Aion002

Wow... I really disliked this... The gameplay is good, but the map is so big and looting is so weird. The only BR that I enjoyed so far is Apex and this is so different. I think it's not for me...

Also, Activision is so freaking greedy, while Apex you can get a shit ton of things as a F2P, in this, everything is screaming: "give me money", while making you download whole contents that you can't access without buying. It feels like a shitty mobile game... Also, you need an activision account or something. As an avid F2P gamer, this game triggers all the shitty tactics from mobile games, I wouldn't doubt that one day they might put ads in it.

I don't know, maybe Apex, Smite and Warframe spoiled me, but those 3 games are so F2P friendly that when I give them money I feel good, cause they do an amazing job as F2P games. While in this, my first impression was: so greedy.

Banned
what kills it for me, at least on console, is the absolute god awfully small FOV.
I haven't seen such a small FOV with no way to widen it in a long time... it's frankly ridiculous

Diddy X

So much fun, very few games are as addictive as COD, I have to take care of not spending the whole day playing, don't wanna go back to my teenage years lol

yugoluke

See I'm not even seasoned enough to know what that means.

I love the idea of Battle Royale games I'm just terrible. I also play Modern Warfare MP against bots so I can actually use some of the killstreaks tho so I definitely am not the target audience I guess :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Don't drop right away when 80% of the people drop. (This is a hot drop) Wait 15 seconds and drop to a location where few if anyone drops. This way you get to gear up well before you encounter anyone.

It’s good that I have to play against teams of three when I queue up solo. Almost makes it a fair fight. Almost. I like it so far but I’m partial to these cod BRs.

Also, I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing solo because I don't want to have to deal with explaining what I'm doing to people without headsets and it's hard for an average player like me but it is fun. I need to adjust tactics because I keep getting kills and then getting battered by team mates. Need to think more like that scene in, is it Full Metal Jacket? Where there is an injured soldier on the deck but everyone that tries to help him gets filled in by the sniper.

Menace-UK-

Neo Member
Wow... I really disliked this... The gameplay is good, but the map is so big and looting is so weird. The only BR that I enjoyed so far is Apex and this is so different. I think it's not for me...

Also, Activision is so freaking greedy, while Apex you can get a shit ton of things as a F2P, in this, everything is screaming: "give me money", while making you download whole contents that you can't access without buying. It feels like a shitty mobile game... Also, you need an activision account or something. As an avid F2P gamer, this game triggers all the shitty tactics from mobile games, I wouldn't doubt that one day they might put ads in it.

I don't know, maybe Apex, Smite and Warframe spoiled me, but those 3 games are so F2P friendly that when I give them money I feel good, cause they do an amazing job as F2P games. While in this, my first impression was: so greedy.
What is greedy about it?The weapons have a whole progression system with lots of skins. You got some free weapon blue prints. You get a free operator skin. It isn't that bad.We have had 0 events. This is season 0. Seems a bit quick to label so.

Apex's collector events are greedy.

Aion002

What is greedy about it?The weapons have a whole progression system with lots of skins. You got some free weapon blue prints. You get a free operator skin. It isn't that bad.We have had 0 events. This is season 0. Seems a bit quick to label so.

Apex's collector events are greedy.
Well, you have to download all Modern Warfare to access a F2P game, then the first screens you see is:

- Hey, make an Activsion account or login.
- You should buy MW.
- Here is a season pass.... It's totally worth... Even though you didn't even played a match yet.
- See those operators? Buy the game and you can have them.

None of those are really bad, but the way they were put gave me a bad impression, that's it. I feel that Apex, for instance, doesn't push the player that much and have more "important" rewards as F2P game, like, the ability to unlock all the characters for free.

Anyway... Just my opinion.

Top Bottom