• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Teaser Trailer & Screens ~ Full Reveal on March 14

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The environments look fantastic.... Almost too fantastic. I haven't seen this picturesque level of attention to detail from many AAA games this gen, let alone a downloadable one. That fall lake shot, holy shit.

I feel like this almost has to be a lightgun game where you're ferried to specific, static spots and pick off enemies popping out from behind things.

Blizzard

Banned
back in 2k6 this game with DoF.... completely freaked me out.

65146646c4c5ce51.jpg
I still remember launching the first Call of Juarez with its DX10 stuff and being practically blown away by the intro area where you are walking through a rocky area in the woods.

Also why is there a poster of an actual actress along with the screenshots? Is this how Ubisoft promotes now? :p

Stitch

Gold Member
Tried the first CoJ and The Cartel but got motion sick from both. Such a shame, would like to play a good western FPS. Don't know why it happens with this series, I play a lot of other FPS. Hopefully they can fix whatever my problem is.

Because Techlands Engine has a terrible FOV.
It was possible to make it a bit bigger in Cartel because the Engine Version is different (I think it's the same like Dead Island) but I think it's hardcoded for Bound in Blood and the first COJ. Default FOV is 51. Yes, really. No Idea why they thought that would be a good idea....

antitrop

So, the reveal trailer just went up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHh2RHuswqA (links to IGN's YT channel).

I actually think it looks pretty good. I was a fan of Bound in Blood, but it's the only one in the series I've played. Looks like they're going back to the "roots" for this one. I know the third game in the franchise was received like a kick to the face.

This one could be good.

ironcreed

Banned
So, the reveal trailer just went up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHh2RHuswqA (links to IGN's YT channel).

I actually think it looks pretty good. I was a fan of Bound in Blood, but it's the only one in the series I've played. Looks like they're going back to the "roots" for this one. I know the third game in the franchise was received like a kick to the face.

This one could be good.

Looks plenty badass to me. Great trailer.

Double D

I've really got a soft spot for the first game. I hardly play multiplayer anything and for whatever reason I played the shit out of COJ1's MP.

Top Bottom