• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling All Cars! - Official Thread

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Sexy update: Jim confirmed it to be coming out TODAY in this post

I realize that there was a previous official thread that was locked and "saved" for Jaffe to create...but it's not happening, and I want to discuss dammit!

CallingAllCars_1162367556-000.jpg

==========================================================

Information from the Playstation CaC Site

Genre: Action
Publisher: SCEA
System: PLAYSTATION®3
Release Date: TBA RubxQub note:(likely 5/10/07)
Players: 1-4
Max. players online: 2-4

Directed by David Jaffe, Calling All Cars™ is a high-octane, fast action game of cops n' robbers. Take on the role of a bounty hunter careening around a stylish cartoon world on the hunt for criminals on the loose.

Calling All Cars™ features four highly detailed 3D levels, multiple weapons and 10 vehicles to choose from. Gamers will attempt to apprehend criminals and toss them back in the slammer before other bounty hunters can steal them and collect the reward money. Experience a combination of demolition derby gameplay, crazy weapon pickups, humor and a healthy throwback to classic arcade games.
Key Features

* Full HD at 1080p - High resolution, high adrenaline arcade action at full 1080p HD.
* Gameplay - Calling All Cars offers gamers multiple weapons, more than 10 vehicles to choose from, and four levels of gameplay.
* Online Gameplay - Dive in for crazy multiplayer action with friends both online and split screen (up to 4-player split screen running at 60fps).

Use this thread for all your Calling All Cars love/hate/impressions/desires/stories/etc.

PSN Names for CaC
RubxQub
caldermuyo
bishoptl
KTallguy
Spartan666
spwolf
jjasper
Strider2K99
Torgo
scowboy
TONX
Linkzg64
Gamerx
David2Crazy
captive
Floris
RemyVJA
gamerecks
trev04
Slaylock
BelligerentOC
Spruchy
adamYUKI
sk3tchcom
tsar04
v1c
Munita
chriskzoo
Syndicate3
Jenovah
hypoetical
jonabbey
BEERMONKEY
EternalGamer
backbreaker65
ch1nchilla
Ikuu
nasero
PuMa
snackcakeofd00m
lowendtheory
Jazar
EditorEMB
IrishFigg
Belvedere
Greg
sullyj
duketogo
Captain_N
rc213
ParallelNSA
RexWolf
Arde0
TwinTurboJosh
TD_21
jetjevons
Sutdawg
kassatsu
PistolGrip
Wsv771
Darshiro
LeMatster
Safe_Bet
Mackaveli
SL_
gamabunta
Blackjack
Polyhedron
Cydonian
Distantmantra
CQCKNFIRE
Sallokin
Godai
KORGHANO
Thethunderbear
womfalcs3
CapoAheaz
nrXic
DEEJAY8595

kaleii

Yups, same here. I haven't anticipated a game this much for bleeding ages. European release date will probably be several weeks after the US one though, which sucks for us.

spwolf

should be soon now... I cant wait to kick jaffe's butt though and get the whatever he is giving out :lol

yes jaffe, we are still excited... thank you for reading

:D

I am shocked this game wasn't made on the SNES or PlayStation
now someone posts that it was
Cops and Robbers is such an awesome concept for a game. Raw fun incoming.

Custom soundtracks? I don't have much faith in the audio of downloadable content.

RubxQub

I love the simple fun and likely hours upon hours of multiplayer this game is going to bring to the table.

This game for $10 bucks feels like a steal.

I could see this game expanding with DLC in the future as well:

- Weapons
- Maps
- Car models

Not sure if they have any of that in mind, but I'd be curious to know if they are even considering it.

Wollan said:
Take a listen to the games audio on the myspace site, awesome music.

http://www.myspace.com/callingallcarsgame
You're not wrong actually.. very fun and dynamic music. Every song has a shelf life though- and I'd like to think the game would outlive the music.

Custom soundtracks would have been nice- perhaps Jaffe wants to set the model for the downloadable game instead of trying to provide what a boxed game typically offers. There's no point taking a budget and implementing features that third party network developers cannot reasonably implement.

Really liked Shell and City though. Since when have games had MySpace pages?

Dizzan

MINI Member
If this comes to the US store today, I'm definately going to give my Aussie Credit Card a bash.

I want the Bobblehead Jaffe!!

RubxQub

AgentOtaku said:
can't wait...lookin forward to this and gonna have to buy a headset this week :)
Trash-talking and chaotic girly screaming is basically a feature of the game.

pswii60

Madman said:
I hope this game comes out today.

It is
or isn't

EDIT: Is this game 60fps/1080p?

EDIT2: SHIT it says it right up there at the top and it f***ing is and everything. woohoo! 60fps in 4-player split screen, cool!

jjasper

I am pretty sure this game is going to come out today based on the fact that I have wanted to play it for so long and I am leaving to go out of town today at 2 and won't be back till Sunday so I won't be able to play it till then

spwolf

jjasper said:
I am pretty sure this game is going to come out today based on the fact that I have wanted to play it for so long and I am leaving to go out of town today at 2 and won't be back till Sunday so I won't be able to play it till then

so that confirms it :)

allarise

Honestly...

This game, whatever Ueda has coming, and Afrika are my main motivators for purchasing a PS3. I don't think I'm their target demographic.

Doel

I've been waiting for this game since Christmas, when it was considering being released (before it was actually announced yet). So please just let it be today so I can play something fun and new and online.

pswii60

allarise said:
Honestly...

This game, whatever Ueda has coming, and Afrika are my main motivators for purchasing a PS3. I don't think I'm their target demographic.

Sony don't have a 'target demographic' - they try to be something for everyone, at least according to Phil Harrison.

CallingAllCars_1162367556-000.jpg

I really like this artwork because it reminds me of the artwork on old Commodore 64 tapes. Very nostalgic.

spwolf

chubigans said:
By the way, I am almost 100% sure its not coming out today. Sorry guys. :(

someone gonna show him what will happen to him if it comes out today? nice crazyeyedbish.gif

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
chubigans said:
By the way, I am almost 100% sure its not coming out today. Sorry guys. :(

Seems like with all the craziness that went on reguarding this game we would have heard some sort of confirmation from sony directly telling us...yes this game will be out on the XXXXXX.

What IS coming out today? Rampart and thats it?

WoolyNinja

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Seems like with all the craziness that went on reguarding this game we would have heard some sort of confirmation from sony directly telling us...yes this game will be out on the XXXXXX.

What IS coming out today? Rampart and thats it?

I think Go Puzzle! also comes out today unless that's been pushed back again.

VASPER

Banned
SO can anyone check is it on the PSN. What time of day is it coming out DAMB IT, I WANT THIS DAMB GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANSWER MY ? NOW

pswii60

VASPER said:
SO can anyone check is it on the PSN. What time of day is it coming out DAMB IT, I WANT THIS DAMB GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANSWER MY ? NOW

All the rights move.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Marconelly said:
Sorrry for the OT, what happened to your interview with Housemarque people about Super Stardust HD?

They're waiting on the OK from Sony reps, and I'm waiting on the OK from IGN staff on posting it on the main site.

I hoping for sometime next week. :)

Firewire

Banned
I think the store update happens around 5pm Thursdays! (N.A.)
But I don't think we'll see CAC for another two weeks, but then again thats
just me speculating!:)

Slaylock

I was so excited for this game a month ago. I must have watched the few videos that had been released about fifty times.

Four delays later, the excitement kind of got sucked out of me. I'm sure I'll still buy it whenever it does come out (since there really isn't much else to play anyway), but the premature hype and disappointment has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Here's hoping actually playing the game will revive my interest in the game.

Doel

Slaylock said:
I was so excited for this game a month ago. I must have watched the few videos that had been released about fifty times.

Four delays later, the excitement kind of got sucked out of me. I'm sure I'll still buy it whenever it does come out (since there really isn't much else to play anyway), but the premature hype and disappointment has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Here's hoping actually playing the game will revive my interest in the game.
I'm kind of with you there.

And people who know me know I'm a huge Jaffe fan, I have a signed copy of God of War, but my hype for Calling All Cars peaked about 2 weeks ago, then it got delayed again. I'm definitely not as excited about it as I once was.

Firewire

Banned
What are the weapons in this game?
And how exactly do they interact with the game? Are they for shooting capturing
escaped prisoners or against rival cars?
Any zommies in the game!:lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Doel said:
I'm kind of with you there.

And people who know me know I'm a huge Jaffe fan, I have a signed copy of God of War, but my hype for Calling All Cars peaked about 2 weeks ago, then it got delayed again. I'm definitely not as excited about it as I once was.

Me too, though that'll all melt away when the game is on my HDD methinks.

Slaylock

Firewire said:
What are the weapons in this game?
And how exactly do they interact with the game? Are they for shooting capturing
escaped prisoners or against rival cars?
Any zommies in the game!:lol
Three weapons:
- A short-range hammer that will knock a prisoner out of another car
- A medium-range magnet that will suck a prisoner out of another car
- A long-range rocket that will explode a prisoner out of another car

no heresy intended, but i think I might be looking forwrd to rampart a little more. I loved that game so much. I will be getting CAC as soon as possible, if not today then monday.

Firewire

Banned
Slaylock said:
Three weapons:
- A short-range hammer that will knock a prisoner out of another car
- A medium-range magnet that will suck a prisoner out of another car
- A long-range rocket that will explode a prisoner out of another car

Thanx, sounds pretty cool!

chubigans said:
Rampart looks fun. How do you play the game? The trailer left me clueless.
you build an inclosed castle area as fast as possible, place cannon turrents as fast as p[ossible, then BLAST BLAST BLAST away at the enemy cannons and castle. Yeah I've played the game for years and years and that trailer almost left me baffeled.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
you build an inclosed castle area as fast as possible, place cannon turrents as fast as p[ossible, then BLAST BLAST BLAST away at the enemy cannons and castle. Yeah I've played the game for years and years and that trailer almost left me baffeled.

sounds a bit dull! but who knows, do u have a link to trailer or something?

Top Bottom