• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can GAF recommend the best VITA case / holder? New protective owner here. [UK]

mocoworm

It's my 3 year anniversary with the girlfriend on Wednesday and when I arrived home from work last night she gives me a present. I open it and it's a 3G VITA with the 10 game 8GB card !! Amazing!

I set it all up and went for a spin on Wipeout. The screen is unbelievable! I linked up my PSN account (mocoworm - if anyone wants to add me) and I am getting PS+ tonight I think.

Anyway, I am terrified of it getting damaged / scratched. I have left it at home today, in a cupboard ... away from all dangers ... and the cat.

What is the best case I can buy? Has anyone bought a particularly amazing case / holder?

I have seen these on Amazon. I love the first one but there seems no space for the charger.

Also, a link to the cheapest memory cards anyone knows of would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance :)

Lucky sod! ;)

I want to pick one up myself before they phase out the OLED screen. It's such a cool bit of kit, and since I'm almost certainly going PS4 next gen it's all the more alluring (love the idea of remote play from my bed on lazy Sunday mornings!)

mocoworm

Lucky sod! ;)

I want to pick one up myself before they phase out the OLED screen. It's such a cool bit of kit, and since I'm almost certainly going PS4 next gen it's all the more alluring (love the idea of remote play from my bed on lazy Sunday mornings!)

I couldn't believe it. I just stood looking at the box for ages thinking 'no way' , I really wanted a VITA at launch and didn't pick one up due to funds as we were buying a house and then my money got diverted to the next-gen fund.

Getting a VITA and a XONE within a month is amazing. I'm picking up a PS4 after xmas so this will make the handheld all the sweeter.

I need to delve into some VITA threads to find out what games to go for first. I saw that the PSONE games are all on there. I'm thinking FFVII is a must.

alienator

1004004012025387.jpg

mandatory. best 5 bucks i spent on the vita... OK looks like shit. ..

But. i can play de vita for hours and hours and hours without a single sign of RSI or cramps.

oh and i just added a screen-protector on the oled for greasy fingers.

gruenel

1004004012025387.jpg

But. i can play de vita for hours and hours and hours without a single sign of RSI or cramps.

How about providing a link to the item or at least a name?

slapnuts

Lucky sod! ;)

I love how you brits talk..it's refreshing to my ears, seriously. :)

Protome

Also, a link to the cheapest memory cards anyone knows of would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance :)

Go to Flubit and put in the URL for the 32GB memory stick from Amazon (the £39.99 one which is currently out of stock.) No guarantee, but I got on from Flubit for £36 this way.

Airan

Blockbuster UK are currently giving away the official Vita Travel Kit for £7.97 - they normally retail for £24.99.

It comes with the comfiest, largest looking case for the Vita ever, this thing could probably pass as a pillow for a tiny pet. It has a foam separator so you can stick your Vita in one half and some accessories in the other. I've currently slotted the bundled plastic games case, microfibre cloth and the strap for it, might stick some headphones in next. It's got pockets for 4 Vita games in case your case runs out of space (HAH! Not likely if you use download games a lot ;)).

My only gripe with the package is that the screen protector was next to useless, it didn't stick onto my Vita at all and I had to throw it away after I peeled it off and it creased. Might as well hijack this thread to ask for recommendations on screen protectors - the Hori one is a bit much, I just want a screen protector.

Astra

1004004012025387.jpg

I have the Nyko Power Grip, which looks the exact same and provides double the battery life. I love it!

For a case, OP, anything by Hori would do nicely.

Hori Grip

Hori Face Cover

Hori Case

Anytime I take my Vita out with me, I always put the face cover on it, and keep it in the case.

Might as well hijack this thread to ask for recommendations on screen protectors - the Hori one is a bit much, I just want a screen protector.

How about this? It's the one I bought, and it was very easy to put on. Had it on for a year and no visible sign of wear on it yet.

mocoworm

I have the Nyko Power Grip, which looks the exact same and provides double the battery life. I love it!

Thanks for the info. I don't think the Nyko Power Grip is available in the UK though. Just did a search and can only find a 3DS version.

I'll check out the Hori gear.

Baleoce

1004004012025387.jpg

Yeah I can vouch for this. Awesome grip, makes playing for extended periods much easier. Has a nice feel to it too.

I have a hardcase for extended trips and storage, - The Heavy Duty Vault case that was liscensed by SONY. It's not bad but it is HUGE.

I switch it out with my old PSP Soft slipcase for short trips, or pocket duty. It fits, but one end is exposed so I do not recommend it.

I personally do not use any grips. I find that the natural way that I hold controllers/portables never causes cramps or anything like that. I cradle the console with my fingers, not my palm, so that may have something to do with it.

Top Bottom