• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone give me the lowdown on the NeoFami?

cvxfreak

I know it has something to do with the Japanese Famicom... but other than that I don't know. Is it officially liscensed because they're sold in Japanese shops quite frequently...

I don't think it is official at all but it will play Famicom games. I never stopped to look at it cause I have a brand new reissue Famicom from two years ago when Nintendo put out the last 50,000. But I'd be guessing in saying it is probably NOT official.

I saw the NeoFami and other clones when I was in Japan as well, and I'm willing to bet that they are not official. I didn't see Nintendo's seal anywhere on the box, so that's pretty much a dead giveaway. With that said, if you find one dirt cheap (they're not very expensive anyway) and wish to play old Famicom games, I see no reason why you shouldn't buy one. Me myself, I'm a hardcore gamer, so I only deal with the orginals, like the 1983 Famicom because it's a collector's item. Some people don't care for the original 1983 Famicom because it's RF only, and it's a pain in the arse to get it to work on a US set, so for these people a NeoFami is a better choice.

Top Bottom