• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we talk about IDW TMNT?

Elcid

Banned
I recently started reading the series and can I just say - wow!
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/IDW_Chronology
I've been reading it in chronological order thanks to the collection hardcovers that have all the stories in chronological order and so far I am loving it.
I don't hear a lot of people talk about this series and just wanted to start up the discussion.

It takes a blend of the different turtle canons and creates its own unique story which is pretty incredible, especially as the turtles each have very individual personalities. They also spend a lot of time investing on side characters too so no one ever really feels flat.
The one thing that kills me is whenever Eastman draws, his art style is just too damn gritty, I can't stand it.

Meanwhile the main artist (atleast in my eyes) draws some incredible stuff, look at this:
Bebop_Rocksteady_1.png

latest

1-tmnt-comic-1.w700.h700.jpg

So any other TMNT fans here?

Catphish

To me, the only TMNT is the original Eastman/Laird work either in black & white, or where all turtles wore red masks and you could only tell them apart by their weapons.

That was the real shit. 👉

Elcid

Banned
To me, the only TMNT is the original Eastman/Laird work either in black & white, or where all turtles wore red masks and you could only tell them apart by their weapons.

That was the real shit. 👉
Have you tried this one yet?

kunonabi

I've despised every other idw comic so I never bothered with tmnt. I'm really mostly a fan of the original cartoon and the first two movies. Aside from the decent 2000s cartoon and the original comic I cant stand any of the other turtles media.

Elcid

Banned
I've despised every other idw comic so I never bothered with tmnt. I'm really mostly a fan of the original cartoon and the first two movies. Aside from the decent 2000s cartoon and the original comic I cant stand any of the other turtles media.
I haven't tried anything else from IDW. The last gen Nick cartoon was much better than the 2000s one imo, you should give that a try. I'm a big turtle fan in general.

I have not. Been out of comics for some time now.
So have I. For whatever reason I decided to pick these up. Haven't read a comic in years prior to this.

JimiNutz

Banned
I read this for a while and did really enjoy it. I'd say it's probably the best TMNT media I've ever read or watched. I wish they'd make a show or film based on this. Something slightly more serious in tone than the recent cartoons and movies.

I honestly think this is probably the best version of TMNT. Not only are the turtles great, but all of the lore and side characters make sense and greatly expand the universe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry for the necrobump on this. Well, not sorry because this series is still amazing.

Humble Bundle has an eBook bundle with the digital edition of all 15 IDW collection volumes + The Last Ronin for $18.

Feels like an absolute steal for one of my favorite comic series of all time.

BlackTron

Gold Member
I recently got back into TMNT and reread some of the Archie comics I had as a kid the other day (when I wasn't buying action figures on ebay). I had no idea the IDW series was supposed to be so good though. Thanks for bumping the thread I'll have to check those out.

Lunarorbit

Yeah it's good. I've only read the first 10 but definitely worth it. I signed up for a Kindle unlimited trial and it's on there if you wanna speed read it

Top Bottom