• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

Kiro

Where do you all find these games? I'm having trouble finding some titles and the Amazon Search is crap. Can we get links to a slew of games in the OT if possible?

Sealtest

you gotta use E3SAVE30 at check out.

And i'm pretty sure battlefront will work since I used multiple games not on the list

Kiro

Can someone confirm cancelling one game in a group of 4 would still keep the promotion for the other 3? (So we know it is better to get a long list in one order)

Sealtest

Only game I tryed was starfox wii u and it worked.

Actually looking at my account it did not work.. it just never showed the code didnt work on that item since I had 5 other eligible items.

Tapejara

Yesssss Amazon. Some games missing from that list (where's Battlefront?), but glad I won't have to pay MSRP for Until Dawn.

Ledhead

I have everything could possibly want in my cart now. I will give it a few days before checking out though. New games might be added, some existing ones may become eligible, etc...

I see some people on RFD are making multiple orders of three games. What's the point of doing that versus one order of however many games you want?

I have everything could possibly want in my cart now. I will give it a few days before checking out though. New games might be added, some existing ones may become eligible, etc...

Huh? Just check out! You can make multiple orders. Is it better to make one big order or multiple ones? Do you get more off of you get 5 games in an order versus 3?

Ledhead

Huh? Just check out! You can make multiple orders. Is it better to make one big order or multiple ones? Do you get more off of you get 5 games in an order versus 3?

Just personal preference. I had like 3 separate orders last year and it was getting hard to track haha

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Does Amazon mainly use Canada Post? Going to be moving to a new apartment downtown Toronto and wanting to make sure of where the package would go if I'm not home to accept.

farisr

The only game I've come across that's not listed through this, which works with the E3 promotion is The Nathan Drake Collection.

Basically the game listing needs to show this.

amazon3bs0f.jpg

If it's not there, then the discount is not going to get applied.

farisr

Can you cancel one game in a big list and still have the discount applied to the rest?

Yes. As long as the you have 3 or more non-cancelled games in the order (after you've cancelled the games you want), the discount will still be applied.

Yasumi

Banned
Canceled JStars PS4 and created a new order with the PS3 version, since I only have one PS4 controller. Also grabbed Nep Rebirth 3 and Dungeon Travelers 2.

Can someone confirm cancelling one game in a group of 4 would still keep the promotion for the other 3? (So we know it is better to get a long list in one order)
I can confirm. After removing JStars:
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 189.94
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 30% off promo: -CDN$ 56.98
Total before tax: CDN$ 132.96
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 17.29
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 150.25

Kiro

Canceled JStars PS4 and created a new order with the PS3 version, since I only have one PS4 controller. Also grabbed Nep Rebirth 3 and Dungeon Travelers 2.

I can confirm. After removing JStars:

Yes. As long as the you have 3 or more non-cancelled games in the order, the discount will still be applied.

Thanks!! Will make one big list then.

Do you get more $ off using the 30% off code if you have more games in one order?

I suck at Math but I'm thinking it doesn't matter. An order with 3 games will give just as much $ off per game as an order with 6. Right?

mdubs

Banned
Is there a list of those games that aren't in that link?

Battlefront 2 doesn't work does it?

Not as of now, but it might be added later.

The best thing to do for everyone looking at titles that aren't eligible yet is to use the customer service chat to ask if they will be added, since the reps will make a note of the request. Worth a try

farisr

Do you get more $ off using the 30% off code if you have more games in one order?

I suck at Math but I'm thinking it doesn't matter. An order with 3 games will give just as much $ off per game as an order with 6. Right?

Yes,

So 2 orders of 3 games, will get you the same overall discount as 1 order of all 6 games.

mdubs

Banned
After experimenting, even if you cancelled a game with an order of 3 games, the discount still remains. But it's better to make a long order rather than short ones, the reason why people do that is because they got in the habit from Best Buy's order system, but Amazon offers easy cancellations so there's no reason not to do a big order

Lexxism

Does Amazon mainly use Canada Post? Going to be moving to a new apartment downtown Toronto and wanting to make sure of where the package would go if I'm not home to accept.
UPS and Canada Post. Actually, UPS has this awesome UPS my choice which you can use to direct your order to a UPS point. This is pretty much handy for me

Ledhead

Can you cancel one game in a big list and still have the discount applied to the rest?

Yes, I did this last year. I think as long as you keep the number of active pre-orders over 3 the discount will apply to all. If you have 6 and cancel number 6, the other 5 are still good to go

Kiro

Do I need to select "Ship individually" or will they just do that even if I select "Free Shipping & All at Once"

No_Style

So far I only have 2 titles that I want: SFV and Ratchet & Clank. I need a third.

Do I need to select "Ship individually" or will they just do that even if I select "Free Shipping & All at Once"

Select the free shipping. They will ship games individually once it becomes available.

farisr

After experimenting, even if you cancelled a game with an order of 3 games, the discount still remains. But it's better to make a long order rather than short ones, the reason why people do that is because they got in the habit from Best Buy's order system, but Amazon offers easy cancellations so there's no reason not to do a big order

I've made some preorders now, but if at the end, like last hour of the sale, all the games are still available and not "sold out" I'll probably create one giant order, so it's easier to manage.

mdubs

Banned
I bet somewhere out there, Jim Sterling and the rest of the games journalists who told us to stop preordering games are crying soft tears at Canada atm :p

Yes!!!! Question though, if I sign up for Amazon Student, will the effect still maintain my shipping speed even if the trial expires? Like am I guareteed prime shipping?

Quote for new page, anyone know?

Tapejara

Hm, I saw MGSV on the eligible games list (already have the CE pre-ordered, but I was hoping to get a discounted copy of the standard edition for my friend) when I was on my phone, but now that I'm at the desktop website it's not showing up.

Good taste, that game is dope. I still have it preordered from last E3.

Yup, been looking forward to it since it was re-revealed.

Rbk_3

The only game I've come across that's not listed through this, which works with the E3 promotion is The Nathan Drake Collection.

Basically the game listing needs to show this.

amazon3bs0f.jpg

If it's not there, then the discount is not going to get applied.

Madden shows up in the list, but when you click on it, it doesn't show that and thus the discount won't work.

Luigi87

Based Amazon. Allowed me orders of Batman, Danganronpa AE, and Fire Emblem if.
Now to see what pops up this coming week.

Top Bottom