• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

wmlk

Yes, if Amazon drops the price of a game before it comes out you'll get that lower price + the 20% off. It's how people got Xenoblade Chronicles X for $17 at launch.

Oh, so FFXV was listed at $79.99 earlier and they dropped it to $69.99? So that's how people are getting $30 off...

Max_Po

Banned
Don't support Wal-mart and don't eat Mr Noodles.

care to elaborate ? I am pretty sure an order from Walmart is going to be at your door on launch day where as an order from Amazon... a week after release you will see "preparing" for shipment.

Ryne

Only getting the LE/CEs I want on BB in hopes that the rewards program stops sucking.

Everything I wanted I ordered last year so I still have 30% off a lot of games I want to play this year.

In store too? Or is this an online only deal? So I can put down like 10 dollars for two games today and pay em off before they ship and I'll get $60 credit either when they ship or when it's paid in full?

Dunno what you mean by $60 credit (buying two games normally wouldn't give you that many RZ points unless you're buying a Collector's Edition) but yes, you can apparently get the 25x points deal on pre-orders in-store as well.

Dunno what you mean by $60 credit (buying two games normally wouldn't give you that many RZ points unless you're buying a Collector's Edition) but yes, you can apparently get the 25x points deal on pre-orders in-store as well.
It doesn't? Damn that's no fun. Guess I'll just stick with the Watch_Dogs 2 pre order. But yeah this is my first time so excuse my ignorance.

It doesn't? Damn that's no fun. Guess I'll just stick with the Watch_Dogs 2 pre order. But yeah this is my first time so excuse my ignorance.

No worries. It'll give you something roughly in that neighborhood, though. 25 points per $ * $79 = 1975 points = $20 + 475 points, so two games would get you $45 in certificates + 450 points. I think you'd get the points on an in-store pre-order when the game arrives, not when you pay it off.

KarmaCow

I guess this is tangentially related to E3 but I was looking through past a BestBuy E3 order and saw that it says "Ship when all items are available". I didn't really pay attention to what other orders said that have already shipped but since there doesn't seem to be a way to change on the order status screen, it can't mean it will only ship one bulk order right?

For Amazon I'm safe to grab Battlefield now if I want to take advantage of 20% on preorders during E3 right? I ask because of the one big order thing. Probably a stupid question but I want to be sure.

jred2k

If anybody is looking to buy Astro A40s and the new CoD, the deal on Best Buy is actually decent. It ends up being about $110 dollars back. It sucks you have to front it, but the money back could be useful around Boxing Day.

No worries. It'll give you something roughly in that neighborhood, though. 25 points per $ * $79 = 1975 points = $20 + 475 points, so two games would get you $45 in certificates + 450 points. I think you'd get the points on an in-store pre-order when the game arrives, not when you pay it off.
Thanks!

Yasumi

Banned
Grabbed P5 special edition on Bestbuy too. I'll keep my Amazon one until just before release, in case there's a pricing mistake. If not, I'll just cancel and keep Bestbuy for the points.

killroy87

If anybody is looking to buy Astro A40s and the new CoD, the deal on Best Buy is actually decent. It ends up being about $110 dollars back. It sucks you have to front it, but the money back could be useful around Boxing Day.

Sorry, what's the deal?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys about how much does a PS4 sell for second hand these days? Not sure what to price mine, is $300 too little?

FrsDvl

Guys about how much does a PS4 sell for second hand these days? Not sure what to price mine, is $300 too little?

I managed to sell mine for 300 a few months ago, but it took quite some time to sell, most offers I got were 250.

Tapejara

I'm not sure how much it sells for second hand, but I think you could get more for it considering the lowest price for a new PS4 right now is $379 (but that's just a sale) and Sony says the Neo won't be at E3.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I managed to sell mine for 300 a few months ago, but it took quite some time to sell, most offers I got were 250.

I'm not sure how much it sells for second hand, but I think you could get more for it considering the lowest price for a new PS4 right now is $379 (but that's just a sale) and Sony says the Neo won't be at E3.

If NEO is not at E3 you are in luck.

Intersting, because I have someone offering $300 tomorrow. I might take it then.

ohlawd

srsly. the thread about the Neo not being revealed at E3 is always on the front page.

$300 for a PS4 is tempting. I don't mind taking a $50 hit when reselling

etta

my hard graphic balls
srsly. the thread about the Neo not being revealed at E3 is always on the front page.

$300 for a PS4 is tempting. I don't mind taking a $50 hit when reselling

It's $429 in Canada and I am aware Neo isn't being shown at E3.

Idea Factory must be stoked at how popular Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force is on Amazon. I mean, it's the #1 Best Seller in Advent Calendars LOL.

etta

my hard graphic balls
it's like for every person in BC in CanadaGAF, there's 20 peeps from Toronto
Well, the population in GTA alone is 6 million and the entire BC province is like 4, so yea heh.
I wish I could live in BC, love the ocean. One day, maybe.

LordAmused

Oh, so FFXV was listed at $79.99 earlier and they dropped it to $69.99? So that's how people are getting $30 off...

Well it's currently 49.99$ so I would believe it's a good deal. Don't think it's going to get any lower anytime soon.

killroy87

I hope Walmart adds more games to their $49 deal this week, so Amazon can follow suit. It would be a shame if Amazon dedicated a whole page for just six games.

N° 2048

I hope Walmart adds more games to their $49 deal this week, so Amazon can follow suit. It would be a shame if Amazon dedicated a whole page for just six games.

omg if Wal Mart adds more games @ $49.95 and Amazon price matches them :O

Would be like FF15 where I have it in my previous E3 order. $49.95 - %30

Ondore

Silly question: Nothing for Paper Mario: Color Splash from Amazon? Or are they waiting for a release date to be announced?

Samemind

So what is up with the Amazon deals? Do they apply to every order of elligible items? What is up with orders where at checkout, the discount doesn't amount to 20% off?

Quick

Banned
Not sure if this counts, but here's EB Games' trade-in promo for E3.

Get 40% extra when you trade towards E3 titles.

• 45% for Red and Gold Members
  • 50% for Platinum members
  • 55% for Onyx members

Runs from June 14-19.

I have a small pile of games I'm looking to get rid of, so this could work out pretty well.

N° 2048

• 55% for Onyx members

Runs from June 14-19.

I have a small pile of games I'm looking to get rid of, so this could work out pretty well.

Fucking shit, I just traded in Quantum Break and Far Cry Primal two days ago

killroy87

• 55% for Onyx members

Runs from June 14-19.

damn, thats not bad

Quick

Banned
Fucking shit, I just traded in Quantum Break and Far Cry Primal two days ago

Damn. The EB Games I frequent warns people about any promos that pop up. I almost traded in my pile of games before they told me to hold off until next week.

damn, thats not bad

I'm not sure if this is still a valid option, but an EB Games employee told me last year to take advantage of their trade-in and pre-order promo (similar to what I posted) and just pre-order something. Then cancel the order a little later and have the amount put in a gift card (anything they offer in-store). I ended up keeping my pre-order, so I couldn't really try this. But it seems straightforward enough.

Seems like a loophole to be exploited to get maximum value, but they may have changed their rules since. But that's also an option, if anything.

Top Bottom