• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

FrsDvl

Edit: The $30 off promo is seperate from the 20% and doesn't have the one order max requirement correct. Hopefully I'm reading this right.

It's not as much a promotion as it's really just a sale, where separate orders will get the advertised price. So if you want 4 separate 30$ off orders, you can.

I'm holding out hope they will add more games to that sale, as they told me that they may do that.

-epidemic-

Neo Member
lol. The old 18.99% discount. I wonder what the percentage is if you order 2 games instead of 1...
FIFA + Deus Ex....nope.

Order Summary
Items (2): CDN$ 158.98
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 31.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 127.98
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 6.40
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 134.38

diaspora

IIRC, nothing Sony unveiled last year has actually come out, so everyone's preorders should still be good unless they decide to announce some more shit that's going to come out in 2020.

UberTag

IIRC, nothing Sony unveiled last year has actually come out, so everyone's preorders should still be good unless they decide to announce some more shit that's going to come out in 2020.
That's inevitable. Sony loves announcing shit that's just been conceived so they can continue to win the hardcore mindshare battle.

Returners

Crap. Might as well go for broke on Infinite Warfare from EB Games if Amazon doesn't include it on their sale. They have the exclusive version with season pass.

The rest of the CEs will have to paid full price, but then again, if there's another 20% weekend coming from Bestbuy, why don't people just wait for that instead?

Bought ROTK13 and Return to Arkham from Amazon.

Tapejara

Trimmed down my list to four games:

Exist Archive
Grand Kingdom
Hatsune Miku Project Diva X
Metroid Prime Federation Force (well, maybe)

Probably going to get the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition at Best Buy for the 25x RZ points, and then I'll see what's announced during the week before finalizing my order.

FrsDvl

My list is pretty sad compared to most you guy's lists.

All I've got is Recore for the 20% and BF1 for that sweet $49.96

ohlawd

My list is pretty sad compared to most you guy's lists.

All I've got is Recore for the 20% and BF1 for that sweet $49.96
I can't wait until Tuesday is over and reach the conclusion that the only games I preordered are stuff announced before the event :D

FrsDvl

I can't wait until Tuesday is over and reach the conclusion that the only games I preordered are stuff announced before the event :D

I think I'll probably end up with maybe 2 or 3 more, but in the end, I just really don't want to pre order 25 games again. I'll cancel most of them regardless.

Wasn't it 30% off last for 3+ games? from amazon?

Yeah it was, Amazon did 30%, BestBuy did 20%.

Faenix1

Fuck, Best Buy isn't doing a % off deal?

I used them cause I can pay via paypal, since I don't have a credit card. I don't know if I feel like going through the hassle of asking to borrow someones credit card again.

Really hope the prices listed for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Rise of the Tomb Raider are wrong. Also disappointed that Pokemon Moon is $60. I thought $45-something was high enough. Stupid exchange rate.

Re: I Am Setsuna - there's no physical release on PS4 either. Digital or bust.

Question: I preordered the $49.99 Pokemon earlier at Amazon (with a bunch of other stuff) - can I just cancel the Pokemon line items and reorder them, or should I just replace that entire order?

Noted. Removed I Am Setsuna from the list.

You should be able to cancel just the Pokemon games from your order and place a new one, yes. No need to replace your entire order if there are other games in there.

Updated the missing games list with some of the games available at Best Buy. Most notable games missing from Amazon but available at Best Buy: Dragon Quest VII, VIII and Builders. I also noticed a number of games that for some reason are NOT eligible at Best Buy; I thought it was just all games under $79.99 but there are a couple of titles that qualify despite being less than full price. Didn't bother recording those, though.

Luigi87

Huh, I didn't realize when it was posted that if you pre-order one game at BB for the 25x RZ points, you get 10x RZ points on all games (but just the games, not consoles or accessories) for the rest of 2016...

... Sort of decent I guess.

Huh, I didn't realize if you pre-order one game at BB for the 25x RZ points, you get 10x RZ points on all games (but just the games, not consoles or accessories) for the rest of 2016...

... Sort of decent I guess.

It isn't really worth it. The only worth while thing seems to be 25x rewards point is valid on special/collectors editions with BestBuy, which is about the only good thing they'd do this E3. I'm probably going to pick those up from BB and burn the credits on getting psn/eshop cards.

Luigi87

True.
Though get the 25x on a CE, and then one can at least take advantage of the 10x in the future if there are any sudden impulse buys during a non-sale time.

True.
Though get the 25x on a CE, and then one can at least take advantage of the 10x in the future if there are any sudden impulse buys during a non-sale time.

I don't impulse buy, so it won't matter to me. Still, I guess it would be a 5$ credit every game purchase for the rest of the year. Kind of like what Nintendo did with their eshop rewards program.

Avalt

Done with my shopping on amazon:

God Eater 2 (ps4)
#FE (wii u)
Monster Hunter Generations (3ds)
Zero Time Dilemma (3ds)
Exist Archive (ps4)
Grand Kingdom (ps4)

Total without promotion: $379.94 + tax = $429.33
Total with promotion: $303.94 + tax = $343.46
Savings of $85.87

Wanted to pre-order one of the Pokemon games, but $59.99 is just too much.

ohlawd

What are the point levels for BestBuy RZ?
I have 391 points.

RZ is confusing me. I'm dumb.
400 for 5
800 for 10
1600 for 20

does anyone know what will happen if I'm at 1500 points and I decide to switch to $5 denominations? will it auto send me 3 certs of 5s?

Luigi87

400 for 5
800 for 10
1600 for 20

does anyone know what will happen if I'm at 1500 points and I decide to switch to $5 denominations? will it auto send me 3 certs of 5s?

It will either do that, or at least give you a single $15 cert to work with. Probably.

Wait I'm confused. I thought you don't get 20% off the $30 off deal? Does this mean I have to re-order to get the additional 20% off?

Best wishes.

N° 2048

Wait I'm confused. I thought you don't get 20% off the $30 off deal? Does this mean I have to re-order to get the additional 20% off?

Best wishes.

It shouldn't stack but I think some peeps are getting lucky via Amazon CSRs.

edit: and what DoctorWho said below :p

Best wishes.

It's because we already had 30% off some of the games last year and now Amazon price protection is kicking in.

Kiro

So we're really just hoping for the 30 dollars off on amazon for tons of games as that's more than 30% but won't ever really get a better preorder price guarantee.

killroy87

So we're really just hoping for the 30 dollars off on amazon for tons of games as that's more than 30% but won't ever really get a better preorder price guarantee.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm just going to preorder all games I'm interested in, like I always do, and figure it out later. We're getting way, wayyyyy too entitled and greedy lol.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm just going to preorder all games I'm interested in, like I always do, and figure it out later. We're getting way, wayyyyy too entitled and greedy lol.

LOL I know, we should really be hoping the Canadian dollar improves!

mdubs

Banned

50d1091231.png

I see it's been mentioned above, but worth noting anyways

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Cannot ship to Quebec because we understand fuck all about the law so fuck you too!

Ok, thanks BB...
Is the workaround not working anymore? (I don't remember what it was, something about changing your credit cards info during checkout... It's been a while since I used it.)

As you've probably guessed, I keep a ton of spreadsheets around. One of them tracks every E3 purchase I've made since 2011. It also tracks the divergence from US MSRPs over time, to serve as a pseudo-baseline versus earlier on-par years (yes I know that's not accurate and you can't compare currencies that way blah blah blah whatever). Here's my average discounts over the past few years:

2011: 36.38%
2012: 33.34%
2013: 33.34%
2014: 39.76%, 33.93% versus US MSRP
2015: 32.71%, 15.06% versus US MSRP
2015 Black Friday: 30.68%, 12.93% versus US MSRP
2016 so far: 23.87%, -0.36% versus US MSRP

Despite the fall in the CAD, 2014 was actually one of the best years ever for discounts (thanks mostly to Amazon entering the fray).

EDIT: recorded the wrong prices for the $49.99 games this year, fixed the numbers. Now it's just slightly below par with the US, yay?

UberTag

As you've probably guessed, I keep a ton of spreadsheets around. One of them tracks every E3 purchase I've made since 2011. It also tracks the divergence from US MSRPs over time, to serve as a pseudo-baseline versus earlier on-par years (yes I know that's not accurate and you can't compare currencies that way blah blah blah whatever). Here's my average discounts over the past few years:

2011: 36.38%
2012: 33.34%
2013: 33.34%
2014: 39.76%, 33.93% versus US MSRP
2015: 32.71%, 15.06% versus US MSRP
2015 Black Friday: 30.68%, 12.93% versus US MSRP
2016 so far: 23.87%, -0.36% versus US MSRP

Despite the fall in the CAD, 2014 was actually one of the best years ever for discounts (thanks mostly to Amazon entering the fray).

EDIT: recorded the wrong prices for the $49.99 games this year, fixed the numbers. Now it's just slightly below par with the US, yay?
Don't need a spreadsheet to know just how much worse this E3 deal has been compared to others. Unless more $50 games show up, I won't be jumping for joy over any of this supposed savings. We've had better deals from Amazon and elsewhere in between E3s than what we're getting now. And not just on Black Friday, either.

N° 2048

My E3 is made already. I'm set.

Final Fantasy XV @ 49.95 - %30 (last year E3 order) + %13 (ONT tax) = $39.52.
Persona 5 CE w/ Best Buy RZ promo = I'm assuming at least $25 in BB credit?

Basically, at this point, I'm just hoping Walmart adds more Fall games to $49.96 so Amazon is forced to match. Sadly, Walmart doesn't even seem to carry Mafia 3 or Dishonored 2?

wmlk

Man, if only I could get Final Fantasy XV's Deluxe Edition at 30% off...

And can games you pre-order here at some % off get even more of a price reduction the year after? Because I'm hearing some people are getting games at $40.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
And can games you pre-order here at some % off get even more of a price reduction the year after? Because I'm hearing some people are getting games at $40.
Yes, if Amazon drops the price of a game before it comes out you'll get that lower price + the 20% off. It's how people got Xenoblade Chronicles X for $17 at launch.

Top Bottom