• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

Its worth noting, though, that Amazon doesn't allow you to cancel preordered titles, or at least they wouldn't allow me to do it.

Did it multiple times. Only time you can't really is when it is in preparation.
Had pages crash when trying to cancel though and that came from the database so I had to contact the CS. Did it by chat, was fixed ten minutes later and every other item was moved to a different order with 30% (last year E3) already applied.
For Honor for 47.5$ <3.

WaterAstro

Yeah essentially you get 31.25% of your purchase back through RZ points (IE: $14.06 on a $40 game. Better than 20% right? ... not really). The issues of course are:
-Points are only issued 36 days after each release
-Points can only be used in store
-Points can only be turned into RZ certificates in multiples of $5, so if you earn $39 worth of RZ, you're only gonna be able to use $35 worth

The thing I hate about the certificates is that they expire REAL fast.

I don't remember the expiry on the last certificate I had, but it was definitely less than half a year. Maybe 3 months? And that's not even when you redeem it. It's expiring when you become eligible for the certificate for whatever denomination you set, and they don't even tell you if you have a certificate with an email. They have been showing reward points in recent emails though, probably for getting in shit because they've been purposefully made it so that customers would forget about their certificates expiring.

UberTag

I don't remember the expiry on the last certificate I had, but it was definitely less than half a year. Maybe 3 months? And that's not even when you redeem it. It's expiring when you become eligible for the certificate for whatever denomination you set.
Yeah, I can easily say that the vast majority of RZ certificates I ever earned expired long before I was ever able to use them. Felt like they had a 6-8 week usage window if that.

a916

Did it multiple times. Only time you can't really is when it is in preparation.
Had pages crash when trying to cancel though and that came from the database so I had to contact the CS. Did it by chat, was fixed ten minutes later and every other item was moved to a different order with 30% (last year E3) already applied.
For Honor for 47.5$ <3.

Talked to them a couple of times and you can tell them beforehand you want to cancel and then refuse the package when it comes to your door. That or mail it back. But that's super last minute.

A handful of games went off pre-order during the discount window in past years. Often these were heavily discounted titles already and sometimes only the PS4 SKU. I want to say Black Ops III PS4 went off pre-order last year sometime around Tuesday of E3 week while the Xbox One version remained available. Once the E3 sale ended, boom it went back up for pre-order at full price. How about that?

Ah I see. Makes more sense now.

Oh I might have screwed up the order there.

Either way your usual sarcastic remark doesn't apply to this case. There are expectations from previous years as to how these sales went. Besides that throwing out entitlement as some sort of a negative is nonsense. While engaging in a discussion of how one posters disappointment with the current state of economy is whining has derailed this thread for several pages of pointless comments. Including yours and mine.

WaterAstro

I think this year, I'm not ordering anything. I don't like Bestbuy's RZ, I don't like Amazon shipping.

I still have FFXV and KH3 from years ago, and TLG, Horizon, FF7:R from last year. I feel pretty covered for most big releases.

Luigi87

Best Buy isn't 40% off, it's 0% on your main purchase!

80$+tx gives you 25$ off another purchase, only in store, so you get (using QC tax of 15% total) 92$ (game) +25$ (other purchase) = 117$. You save 25$ on that, or 21.3% (25$/117$). And that assume you're buying something at exactly 25$, and doesn't count the gas or time spent going to the store.

I don't remember the expiry on the last certificate I had, but it was definitely less than half a year. Maybe 3 months? And that's not even when you redeem it. It's expiring when you become eligible for the certificate for whatever denomination you set, and they don't even tell you if you have a certificate with an email. They have been showing reward points in recent emails though, probably for getting in shit because they've been purposefully made it so that customers would forget about their certificates expiring.

Oh yeah that's the other issue I forgot to mention.
Because of that, stacking points is rendered moot due to the distance in release dates.

Yasumi

Banned
I'd consider getting the P5 Take Your Heart edition at Bestbuy, since Amazon isn't including it, but they don't have anything Persona on the site anymore.

Dot-N-Run

I went out and checked Amazon's website to see what I should get, but then I realized I already preordered all the stuff I wanted in previous years and most of it still hasn't even come out.

Moltenix

Soo, are we allowed to make multiple orders or no?

I don't mind making one big order but if we can do split into multiple small ones, would prefer to do that.

Kyolux

I don't mind making one big order but if we can do split into multiple small ones, would prefer to do that.

Well, considering Amazon split my first big order into two different ones.. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any issues.. But I'll probably remake it at the end of E3 with whatever is announced that I want.

mdubs

Banned
I'd like to just take a moment to commemorate that my last remaining Future Shop preorder, TMS #FE (SMTxFE) at $40 from E3 2013, will releasing later this month.

2776340-6508971450-Big-B.gif

Goodnight sweet prince

I made separate orders of Sun and Moon (in case of random price drop) and got the 20% on both.

Kyolux

I'd like to just take a moment to commemorate that my last remaining Future Shop preorder, TMS #FE (SMTxFE) at $40 from E3 2013, will releasing later this month.

Goodnight sweet prince

Congrats on getting everything.

I still have FFXV (this September) and Kingdom Hearts 3 (probably 2021 lol)

I think this year, I'm not ordering anything. I don't like Bestbuy's RZ, I don't like Amazon shipping.

I still have FFXV and KH3 from years ago, and TLG, Horizon, FF7:R from last year. I feel pretty covered for most big releases.

Same plus it's getting lame pre ordering games that won't be out for 4 years or ever lol.

Last year was a shit show with my Amazon and bestbuy orders, so fuck that, I'll get them digital and save the tax, or wait for the month later price drop.

"Group my items into as few shipments as possible."

will amazon really wait until the final game releases to ship my order with this checked? the two games i have are 20 days apart

I've gotta replace a dead PS4. I was waiting to see if a Neo announcement/price was going to come at E3, but it appears that it won't happen.

Any deals on PS4s?

ohlawd

Are CEs being covered for this? Wanna know if I'm covered for P5's Take Your Heart edition.

there may be a chance BB's got you covered. some CEs get the discount there. wait until they put it up

C9ULiBO.gif

Meh, Ill still purchase it, along with Zero Escape Volume 3.
Also, I hope that Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 and 2 will be on discount during Nintendo's eShop E3 sale.

1 goes on sale so often lol. it's always sub <$15 when it does. probably have to wait a while for a deep discount on 2.

Mercador

20%, it's like saving tax in Québec. I didn't know that Xcom2 is coming to PS4 thought, good to know, I'll wait more time to change my Old PC.

ohlawd

Are they doing discounts? I thought they were just giving extra points for their membership thing.

they're not. but when you have two scenarios like this

Persona 5 SE
1. Amazon has it. Not eligible for discounts
2. Best Buy has it. 25x points but not a true discount

and both offer the same price. where would you get the game? the only reason you'd ever wanna get it from Amazon is if the thing sees a freak price drop. the BB points is guaranteed at least.

Top Bottom