• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

I'm going to be that person.

Incoming...

Shit is so expensive nowadays. I don't get paid enough for working my ass off all day and barely get by on bills. So yes I am upset at these deals.
Yes I am being entitled and a baby. I want cheaper games.

Comparing to last year, the deals suck. Luckily I got a lot of games already pre-ordered from previous E3 sales.

Anyway sorry....

Agreed. I'm just not going to preorder many games this year in hope for a better canadian dollar next year I guess..

Tapejara

I remember last year a bunch of 79.99 games had days where they were 69.99. That's my hope to getting a little bit more off from these games.

Ye, I remember pre-ordering Deus Ex MD and Black Ops 3 and them dropping to $62.99 and $64 respectively. I'm still jealous of those people who got Xenoblade X for like $12 though.

Ventara

I'm going to be that guy.

Incoming...

Shit is so expensive nowadays. I don't get paid enough for working my ass off all day and barely get by on bills. So yes I am upset at these deals.
Yes I am being entitled and a baby. I want cheaper games.

Comparing to last year, the deals suck. Luckily I got a lot of games already pre-ordered from previous E3 sales.

Anyway sorry....

I feel the same way. It was already expensive after the 30% off. Now that it's 20%, thinking of just skipping this year's E3 deals. Still have some upcoming preorders, and a huge backlog of excellent games. I know there's occasionally the insane price error, but preordering a bunch of games in the hopes it'll be one of them seems to much of a hassle.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
20% off is garbage?

Considering it was 30-33% over the past few years, yes.

You know the E3 deal is garbage when Canadians start arguing with each other.

Yawnier

Banned
If nothing else I'm content with getting FFXV and Battlefield 1 for $50 each. I don't do as much gaming as I used to and there is honestly not much else I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year.

NYR

So being logical is shitposting but whining about a discount being too low when you're not owed anything isn't?

7ac.jpg

Okay, that was lame, but I'll step aside from this thread for the time being, it is getting pretty crazy and that wasn't my intention, not going to reply to anyone else, let's turn this thread around and be positive like DoctorWho suggested.

Peace and Love!

diaspora

those calling people entitled for being pissed that games are more expensive with wages being essentially static need to see a backhand

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be less grumpy if Pokemon wasn't discounted from $60. Pre-ordered it and Cold Steel 2 anyway because that's the way to go with Amazon. If a better deal comes along, I'll just cancel.

FrsDvl

Just stop complaining, where else are you going to get 20% off. It's either 20% off or buy it at full price, cause you all well know you are going to be getting those games you really want regardless.

Yeah 20% is less than 30% but it's still more than no deals at all. Buy 4 get one free!

diaspora

I'd be less grumpy if Pokemon wasn't discounted from $60. Pre-ordered it and Cold Steel 2 anyway because that's the general rule with Amazon. If a better deal comes along, I'll just cancel.

$60 is legit bullshit. Converted from USD it ought to be $50 in the first place.

Stat!

Genuinely curious what the ideal way to order through Amazon if you only get one order? Can't we just add stuff to an existing order? Or should we definitely wait the last day?

If you had any of the 49.99 titles, they may be listed, but they're not getting the 20% discount.

Is this for sure? I placed an order on Watch Dogs 2/Battlefield 1/Ghost Recon this morning. Should I just keep the order and make a new second order for stuff I want announced at e3?

Cake Boss

Banned
If nothing else I'm content with getting FFXV and Battlefield 1 for $50 each. I don't do as much gaming as I used to and there is honestly not much else I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year.

On the same boat, only that I didn't get FF.

Going to wait on reviews first, if this was Square back in the PS2 era I wouldn't have even hesitated and pre ordered the game.

farisr

So being logical is shitposting but whining about a discount being too low when you're not owed anything isn't?
Calling people entitled in this situation is not a logical post as far as I'm concerned. A fully logical post would acknowledge and recognize the direct impact the increase prices are having on actual people, rather than just talk about US canadian exchange rates and pretend like everyone should just be happy or have no negative reactions towards the increased price.

Anyways, I'm done now.

Genuinely curious what the ideal way to order through Amazon if you only get one order? Can't we just add stuff to an existing order? Or should we definitely wait the last day?

Is this for sure? I placed an order on Watch Dogs 2/Battlefield 1/Ghost Recon this morning. Should I just keep the order and make a new second order for stuff I want announced at e3?
Yes.

Those three games had their own separate deals of 30 dollars off. It is unlikely they will be a part of the 20% off list. Plus they're frankly better deals. So I would keep that order if I were you.

FrsDvl

Wait till the last minute to make one large order, as they won't let you add games to an existing order.

Your WD2/BF1/GR order is fine, it's a whole different promotion as Amazon is running 2 promotions this year, one 20% off, and a save up to 30$.

No_Style

There are two sales going on right now @ Amazon.ca and they're not compatible with each other.

1. The $30 off promo which is Amazon.ca price matching Walmart. You can either pre-order select games like Watch_Dogs 2 for $49.96 ($30 off).

2. The 20% off sale.

You ordered the titles listed in sale 1. The 20% off does not apply.

P.S - For Sale 2: I managed to make two separate orders of Persona 4 (PS4) as test without issues. But to be safe, make a list of what you want and place the order once everything you want is added.

diaspora

Since it has nothing to do with the subject of the thread and only serves to attack people discussing the subject of the thread... it's absolutely shitposting.

FWIW, I'd recommend anyone looking to preorder PC games this E3 to keep an eye out on CDKeys and GMG.

vulva

Calling people entitled in this situation is not a logical post as far as I'm concerned. A fully logical post would acknowledge and recognize the direct impact the increase prices are having on actual people, rather than just talk about US canadian exchange rates and pretend like everyone should just be happy or have no negative reactions towards the increased price.

Anyways, I'm done now.
The thing is that the discussion isn't just msrp but rather that given how the exchange rates are, we should be happy for any discount at all. We're not owed anything regarding pre orders and this being offered at all is extremely fortunate since it makes the opportunity to buy something day one more viable for a wider array of people.

Stat!

Yes.

Those three games had their own separate deals of 30 dollars off. It is unlikely they will be a part of the 20% off list. Plus they're frankly better deals. So I would keep that order if I were you.

Wait till the last minute to make one large order, as they won't let you add games to an existing order.

Your WD2/BF1/GR order is fine, it's a whole different promotion as Amazon is running 2 promotions this year, one 20% off, and a save up to 30$.

There are two sales going on right now @ Amazon.ca and they're not compatible with each other.

1. The $30 off promo which is Amazon.ca price matching Walmart. You can either pre-order select games like Watch_Dogs 2 for $49.96 ($30 off).

2. The 20% off sale.

You ordered the titles listed in sale 1. The 20% off does not apply.

P.S - For Sale 2: I managed to make two separate orders of Persona 4 (PS4) as test without issues. But to be safe, make a list of what you want and place the order once everything you want is added.

Thank you all. I'll add my games to the cart and wait till the last day and order everything at once. 20% is 20% and I can always cancel even if the deals were better in the past.

espher

[..] let's turn this thread around and be positive like DoctorWho suggested.

I'm super excited about the money I will save in my budget by not pre-ordering any games this year. :)

Really, though, I've put Trails 2 Vita in and that's it for the select items so far - and with XB1 underwhelming, no PS4 in my collection, and ded WiiU + maybe ded 3DS, I likely won't be adding anything else. Hell, I just cancelled Grand Kingdom and Odin Sphere CEs. :/

espher

Nah last year it was also 20% off, it was Cyber Monday that we had 30% deal.

I am legit looking at my invoices from Amazon order from June 18th last year.

"E3 30% off promo:"

BB was 20% (I ordered the RB4 BiaB bundle because it was eligible there), while Amazon was 30%.

firelogic

In 2013, the dollar was at par at the US and hence games cost $59.99. It was at par because WTI was over $100. It isn't anymore. It's called Economics and living in a country where things cost more.

When the CAD was higher than the USD, game prices didn't drop. Nothing dropped.

firelogic

Yea that's the one I used. That was way more worth it.

Plus not all the games, maybe none, had switched to the new pricing yet. My SFV was $40 pretty sure.

Yeah, I got Horizon/The Last Guardian/FFVII Remake when they were listed at $71.99/$71.99/$79.99 plus the 30% discount.

Vinc

Best Buy is nearly 40% off this year when it comes down to it. Amazon's deal really pales in comparison, if you're willing to deal with the reward points. But since it can be done in-store at best buy this year, it might be worth it. Just order everything in-store, and pay with the previous game's RZ points when the next pre-order comes in! You can on receipt pay AT the store, right?

I will reiterate. Most of you guys should order anyways. I guarantee you some of the bigger games will have one of those random amazon sales before release. Your order will match that price and so your e3 order will be cheaper. If they don't then just cancel it before they ship.

Tapejara

It would be crazy not to take advantage of the 20% because you're upset it's not 30%. You might regret it.

WORST DEAL EVER!

Yeah definitely. I might be disappointed in the deal but I'll take 20% off over full price any day (I might just pre-order less this time around :p).

UberTag

On the same boat, only that I didn't get FF.

Going to wait on reviews first, if this was Square back in the PS2 era I wouldn't have even hesitated and pre ordered the game.
I wouldn't expect the quality of yesteryear given those shaky demos. But established precedent should tell you that even a mediocre Final Fantasy that excels in eye candy should easily garner a Metacritic score somewhere between 75 and 82.

Star Ocean, on the other hand... those scores are going to be ugly later this month.

Yeah definitely. I might be disappointed in the deal but I'll take 20% off over full price any day (I might just pre-order less this time around :p).
A lot of us have massive backlogs and wouldn't be buying on Day 1 without an appreciable discount.
So while the "I have to have it now" crowd will take whatever savings they can get, the rest of us have no problem waiting.

I think 20% off with potential price drops is the best bet anyway. Bunch of people who got FFXV and Gears 4 last year for 30% off now have both at $49 + 30% off cause of the price drops.

I think 20% off with potential price drops is the best bet anyway. Bunch of people who got FFXV and Gears 4 last year for 30% off now have both at $49 + 30% off cause of the price drops.

Best Buy honour price drops now as well but that would lower the amount of RZ points you are getting.

Not sure how they handle that if you try and preorder in store.

EB isn't even touching E3 with deals.

Cool. I just pre-ordered 27 games.

Please remind me to cancel most of them.

You should have waited until after more games are announced.

Kyolux

Star Ocean, on the other hand... those scores are going to be ugly later this month.

Oh yeah, the short length and it being small-scaled is going to turn a lot of people off.

Personally I know I'll enjoy it as I did love the first game on Super Famicom. Second favorite in the series only behind SO2.

You should have waited until after more games are announced.

He can always cancel that one and make a new one. Don't think that'll be against the rule. That's my plan personally.

Top Bottom