• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

Best Buy is nearly 40% off this year when it comes down to it. Amazon's deal really pales in comparison, if you're willing to deal with the reward points. But since it can be done in-store at best buy this year, it might be worth it. Just order everything in-store, and pay with the previous game's RZ points when the next pre-order comes in! You can on receipt pay AT the store, right?

Best Buy isn't 40% off, it's 0% on your main purchase!

80$+tx gives you 25$ off another purchase, only in store, so you get (using QC tax of 15% total) 92$ (game) +25$ (other purchase) = 117$. You save 25$ on that, or 21.3% (25$/117$). And that assume you're buying something at exactly 25$, and doesn't count the gas or time spent going to the store.

You should have waited until after more games are announced.

He can just have 2 different pre order lists. One pre-E3, and on post-E3. I did the same thing last year. It's kinda hard to manage though, and I tend to forget which games I pre-ordered. Transformers Devastation and Resident Evil Origins are still in the wrapper. God damn it

diaspora

He can just have 2 different pre order lists. One pre-E3, and on post-E3. I did the same thing last year. It's kinda hard to manage though, and I tend to forget which games I pre-ordered. Transformers Devastation and Resident Evil Origins are still in the wrapper. God damn it

you only get 20% off one order

killroy87

Best Buy is nearly 40% off this year when it comes down to it. Amazon's deal really pales in comparison, if you're willing to deal with the reward points. But since it can be done in-store at best buy this year, it might be worth it. Just order everything in-store, and pay with the previous game's RZ points when the next pre-order comes in! You can on receipt pay AT the store, right?

How do you figure?

Thanks for posting this! Will be checking throughout the week. Some of those $49.99 games have me intrigued... maybe it will be better than last year?

No_Style

Best Buy honour price drops now as well but that would lower the amount of RZ points you are getting.

It's worth noting that BestBuy tends to follow the MSRP closely and are not known to fluctuate prices like Amazon.ca does when it matches competitors. It's very uncommon for BestBuy to match competitors on their own.

Their pre-order price guarantee is more like "Hey! If the MSRP changes in 2018 and we're back to down to $69.99, we'll adjust it for you!"

jet1911

80$+tx gives you 25$ off another purchase, only in store, so you get (using QC tax of 15% total) 92$ (game) +25$ (other purchase) = 117$. You save 25$ on that, or 21.3% (25$/117$). And that assume you're buying something at exactly 25$, and doesn't count the gas or time spent going to the store.

Is the 25$ applied before (79.99-25) or after (92-25)?

joedick

If a game + 20% off isn't worth it to me, I just won't buy it. Stuff like this:

6JNvhLZ.jpg

will probably lead to us getting nothing next year.

Also, there's a new Wii game coming out?!

Vinc

How do you figure?

I'm just thinking if you can use those RZ points on your next pre-order when you go pick it up in stores and pay for it, it pretty much ends up being a better deal than Amazon.

UberTag

Why? They'll honour a new order with any more games I want to add to it.
Their system will based on trial and error.
Amazon's verbiage on their website and via their CSRs says only one order per customer. That's it. No backsies.
Presumably they'll allow for cancel/recreates of said single order during the promotion window. We'll see.

Also, there's a new Wii game coming out?!
Without looking, I'm going to guess that the new Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic Games. Am I right?

I'm just thinking if you can use those RZ points on your next pre-order when you go pick it up in stores and pay for it, it pretty much ends up being a better deal than Amazon.

That second pre-order will likely be placed at full price, unless you're talking about paying off some other E3 pre-order at the in-store pickup, which Best Buy doesn't allow for online pre-orders anyway. So no.

As an aside, I can confirm that you can place multiple E3 orders on Amazon and get the 20% on all of them. Ordered Persona 5 PS4 before lunch, came back and created a new order with a bunch more and still got the discount. Sorry if this is old news, I saw some confusion earlier in the thread.

Tapejara

I think I might end up mixing and matching between Amazon and Best Buy because those RZ certificates could come in handy for the games I decide not to pre-order and wait for a sale on.

Without looking, I'm going to guess that the new Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic Games. Am I right?

I think he means Cartoon Network Backlot Party, which Amazon has had listed for so long now I doubt it even exists anymore.

WaterAstro

Wait, so no sale on Bestbuy? Just shitty club points that people end up forgetting to redeem because there's nothing else worth buying?

Vinc

That second pre-order will likely be placed at full price, unless you're talking about paying off some other E3 pre-order at the in-store pickup, which Best Buy doesn't allow for online pre-orders anyway. So no.

As an aside, I can confirm that you can place multiple E3 orders on Amazon and get the 20% on all of them. Ordered Persona 5 PS4 before lunch, came back and created a new order with a bunch more and still got the discount. Sorry if this is old news, I saw some confusion earlier in the thread.

Someone posted a few pages back that Best Buy is accepting in-store preorders this year, so no need to pay in advance I assume. You pay full price on the first game, then pay with RZ points on the next and so on...

Jashobeam

mmNqYGC.jpg

better than nothing I suppose but honestly its probably a better idea to just wait for a price drop on these games unless you have to have them day 1.

MikeyMike

Disappointed in the deals but I have enough pre-orders from past years so it's all good. Trudeau will find a way to save us.

Is the 25$ applied before (79.99-25) or after (92-25)?

The 25$ is never applied, its like a gift card where you can use on a future purchase.

That might be possible, actually, but you would have to go to Best Buy everytime you have some certificate to wait in line for the next agent to refund you, rebuy, repay, use the certificated (printed). Lots of work for about 21% saved, versus amazon 20%.

Plus if the MSRP drops, Amazon you will still get 20% off the new price, while Best Buy...meh?

kevin1025

Banned
Oh wow, I think some of you are right, the way it's written is only one order that the discount applies to. That's not fun.

Sealtest

I'll only be preordering Nintendo titles this year I guess since those are usually the only games that never drop.

Sorry Hatsune Miku and Injustice maybe some other time.

Kyolux

Yeah, I'm pre-ordering more than needed still.. But I'll probably cancel a bunch and get for cheaper down the road on what I don't need day 1 too.

UberTag

I'll still order Cold Steel 2 and Persona 5 since I would buy them anyway... but otherwise, meh. Disappointing deals.
You have great taste in JRPGs, my friend. I like you.

Someone created two orders of Persona 5 earlier and got discounted on both.
We know the website allows for multiple orders right now.
But there's always a chance they could be cancelled after the fact because Amazon threw that legal language out there and have their CSRs parroting it.

joedick

Good guess! It's a Cartoon Network party game.

Edit:
I think he means Cartoon Network Backlot Party, which Amazon has had listed for so long now I doubt it even exists anymore.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I assumed the list was somewhat curated to account for stuff like that.

ultra7k

Argh, Dragon Quest VII not on Amazon, but it's up on Best Buy. Might have to wait it out...I'd rather save $$ than get points.

Kyolux

My list for now.. what am I missing?

- Battlefield 1 PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition (I doubt I'll keep this unless I really like what I see at EA's showing)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (moved from last year's order even if more expensive, I may keep that though and tough out that order an additional 4 months.. stupid gift card lock)
- Persona 5 Standard Edition - PlayStation 4
- NieR: Automata - PlayStation 4 (same as Horizon)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - PlayStation 4
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake - PlayStation 4 (same as horizon)
- Zero Time Dilemma PSV - PlayStation Vita
- PS4 Exist Archive-The Other Side of The Sky
- Adr1ft Playstation 4 (just in case price drops, no way I get that at that price)

(left from previous years)
- Zelda U
- FFXV
- World of FF
- KH 3
- Star Ocean 5

DQ7 would be tempting.. but I rather my friend would mail my PS1 copy back from when I loaned it to him in 2003... =_=

I don't get why people are so hung up on it being only one order. None of the games are coming out in the next few days that I can see. Why is it difficult to wait until the last day of E3?

I don't get why people are so hung up on it being only one order. None of the games are coming out in the next few days that I can see. Why is it difficult to wait until the last day of E3?

In case they go randomly out of stock, or they remove them from being orderable (ex: One Man Sky Last year), they decide to raise the price (ex: the Elite controller was first listed for 89.99$ and then relisted for 179.99$).

kevin1025

Banned
My list for now.. what am I missing?

- Battlefield 1 PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition (I doubt I'll keep this unless I really like what I see at EA's showing)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (moved from last year's order even if more expensive, I may keep that though and tough out that order an additional 4 months.. stupid gift card lock)
- Persona 5 Standard Edition - PlayStation 4
- NieR: Automata - PlayStation 4 (same as Horizon)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - PlayStation 4
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake - PlayStation 4 (same as horizon)
- Zero Time Dilemma PSV - PlayStation Vita
- PS4 Exist Archive-The Other Side of The Sky
- Adr1ft Playstation 4 (just in case price drops, no way I get that at that price)

(left from previous years)
- Zelda U
- FFXV
- World of FF
- KH 3
- Star Ocean 5

DQ7 would be tempting.. but I rather my friend would mail my PS1 copy back from when I loaned it to him in 2003... =_=

I'm hoping for Gravity Rush 2 and Ni No Kuni 2 to pop up after Sony's conference.

Kyolux

In case they go randomly out of stock, or they remove them from being orderable (ex: One Man Sky Last year), they decide to raise the price (ex: the Elite controller was first listed for 89.99$ and then relisted for 179.99$).

Or random temporary price drops too.

I'm hoping for Gravity Rush 2 and Ni No Kuni 2 to pop up after Sony's conference.

I didn't give a fair chance to GR1, it didn't hook me in. And Ni No Kuni came out at a time where I didn't have time for RPGs :\

UberTag

A handful of games went off pre-order during the discount window in past years. Often these were heavily discounted titles already and sometimes only the PS4 SKU. I want to say Black Ops III PS4 went off pre-order last year sometime around Tuesday of E3 week while the Xbox One version remained available. Once the E3 sale ended, boom it went back up for pre-order at full price. How about that?

Re: Best Buy and in-store pre-orders. It seems that if you want to use the E3 pre-order promo on in-store pickup orders, you have to GO TO A PHYSICAL STORE and place all your pre-orders there. The online checkout process still doesn't let me reserve pre-orders at a store, nor does it have any delivery options to stores. So unless your plan is to walk into a Best Buy with a giant list of pre-order games at the end of E3 (which, to be fair, would still be valid if you have the wherewithal), you probably can't use the RZ points from the first pre-order you get against the pickup of another E3 pre-order in-store.

I also have I am Setsuna/Steins Gate 0 to grab, but those I'm getting digital (because no other options really)

Steins;Gate 0 is available at VideoGamesPlus.ca, if you weren't already aware and still wanted a physical copy. It's exclusive, so if you're avoiding VGP for some reason then you're right about having no other options.

WaterAstro

Can I add something to the Bestbuy cancel order info?

You can only cancel orders once. I had ordered about 10 games some E3 ago from Bestbuy. I cancelled some Ubisoft games after the multiple downgrades and lies, then when Just Cause 3 rolled around, I was going to cancel that just because I didn't want to play it anymore. Phoned into Bestbuy and they said they can't perform a second cancellation on the same order.

I could still go in the store and refund it, but just letting people know this as you aren't free to cancel games whenever you want.

Kyolux

Steins;Gate 0 is available at VideoGamesPlus.ca, if you weren't already aware and still wanted a physical copy. It's exclusive, so if you're avoiding VGP for some reason then you're right about having no other options.

Yeah, nothing against VGP.. just rather save tax on this, since it's pretty expensive for a Visual Novel, even if I know it's going to be awesome. Already have the first one digitally anyway.

Ha! Shit deal then.

Really depends on your point of view. Some people plan to use them on not preordered games or when getting the next preordered game in shop (which apparently allows you to get refund on a gift card ?).
I'll stick with Amazon, my luck has been pretty high the last few years ( and 18cts on Mirror's Edge Catalyst).

Luigi87

Yeah essentially you get 31.25% of your purchase back through RZ points (IE: $14.06 on a $40 game. Better than 20% right? ... not really). The issues of course are:
-Points are only issued 36 days after each release
-Points can only be used in store
-Points can only be turned into RZ certificates in multiples of $5, so if you earn $39 worth of RZ, you're only gonna be able to use $35 worth

Top Bottom