• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals Thread 2016 |OT| 25x times better than last year!

FrsDvl

I know Amazon CSR doesn't often know much, but we can possibily get more games up to 30$ off.
and sadly the 20% off does only count for ONE order, so don't order yet.

Me: As far as the 30$ off goes, will more games be added to that?
And with the 20% off, it states "▪ Offer limited to one per customer and account."
Does this mean i can only make 1 order that will receive 20% off, or can i make multiple orders?

Mirza Asif: If we find suitable games which can be added to the following promotion then yes we shall go ahead and add few games more to the promotion, however I cannot gurantee that there will be addition of an games as of today
And yes you are correct about the 20% promotion, can only make 1 order with the promotion.

Mupod

Only 20% this time? Dammit.

I do have a Prime trial I can use this time. It feels like their free shipping has been gradually getting worse and worse. UC4 was a week late, SF5 was almost TWO weeks late, Guilty Gear is only just now shipping. A year or two ago my games were showing up day 1.

But yeah the price matching is why I'm sticking with Amazon despite all that. The dollar has been creeping back up a bit, and even aside from that I've gotten some huge deals like the Xenoblade X price error.

Gitaroo

We should all contact amazon and tell them to remove that 1 order bs. If games pops up much later its going to be annoying.

Vinc

I made multiple orders just fine, I plan to make one big order towards the end but I create some, then cancel and re-order the whole thing if more games get announced or added to the promotion.

UberTag

My recommendation to anyone would be to order games at 20% off anyway, and hope the canadian dollar goes back up. A lot of games announced at E3 probably won't come out for 2-3 years, which gives time for the CDN to go back up!
This is a worthwhile suggestion for next week's E3 announcements.
Not so much for the titles on offer right now which lack that Canuck buck recovery window.

Still wouldn't risk it, as it does say they have the right to cancel your orders if you don't follow their "rules"

I think it's more if you give them a reason to look at your account and they need a reason to cancel your orders........like if you live chat multiple CSRs asking for more discounts

Yeah, that is a really big concern. I will be sticking to one order at the end of the week.

So let me get this clear:

I pre-order each game individually and got the 20% placed on each game. I have 17 items. Will only 1 of those 17 get the discount? (ie. First item that is shipped)

Vinc

I pre-order each game individually and got the 20% placed on each game. I have 17 items. Will only 1 of those 16 get the discount? (ie. First item that is shipped)

Nope, the discount will be divided among the items and calculated per item.

You'll see the discount in bulk in your order, but every time an item ships, that item itself will have 20% taken off its price.

I pre-order each game individually and got the 20% placed on each game. I have 17 items. Will only 1 of those 17 get the discount? (ie. First item that is shipped)

We don't know how things will play out. That's why it is best to just make one big order on Wednesday/Thursday.

Nope, the discount will be divided among the items and calculated per item.

You'll see the discount in bulk in your order, but every time an item ships, that item itself will have 20% taken off its price.

But as of now I have the orders placed individually. So you're telling me I can only have 1 big order?

We don't know how things will play out. That's why it is best to just make one big order on Wednesday/Thursday.

Ah gotcha. My thing with having one big order is that every time, if something from it gets shipped and I want to cancel after, it's a whole conundrum. I wanted to avoid that by having each order separate.

Anth0ny

that pic in the op is too good.

here's my kill list for this year, and I don't even know if some of these go up for pre-order:

RE2make
Pokemon Sun

And that's really it off the top of my head. Already have Yooka Laylee and Zelda pre-ordered.

as the e3 deals die, so too does my interest in video games as a whole. not spending $80 on this horse shit.

Omlagus

I think I'm going to have to cut things back this year at only 20%. Almost doesn't seem worth it, especially if it's something that will just end up in the backlog.

I still have games from last year that I foolishly kept and haven't even had time for. At 30% maybe that's not as much of a problem
OK it still is
but 20%? Makes it hard to justify. Guess I will just see how things play out the next few days, just make one order and then cancel as release dates come up.

RIP in peace Canada E3 deals. :(

NYR

Shake my head at people saying ONLY or JUST 20% off. Entitled much?

You're getting games still cheaper than what you would pay in store on release day.

The deal isn't active now, right? I ordered Battlefield because I wanted to make sure I got it for $50 and I'm not seeing any discount applied.

Hopefully they don't add it to BF, I don't want to waste it on just one cheap game. I'll be doing a bit order later along with you guys.

The deal isn't active now, right? I ordered Battlefield because I wanted to make sure I got it for $50 and I'm not seeing any discount applied.

Hopefully they don't add it to BF, I don't want to waste it on just one cheap game. I'll be doing a bit order later along with you guys.

But it did, you got it $30 cheaper. Game was $79.99

UberTag

But as of now I have the orders placed individually. So you're telling me I can only have 1 big order?
Amazon is ensuring your hands are pretty much tied until late next week.
And that's, of course, assuming they don't have pre-orders magically run out of stock DURING E3 so you can't add them later (which has happened before).
Have fun with that!
Terms and Conditions:

▪ 20% discount will be applied at checkout.

▪ Items that qualify for this promotion may not qualify for other promotions.

▪ Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

▪ Offer limited to one per customer and account.

▪ If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

▪ If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the discount will not apply.

Ah gotcha. My thing with having one big order is that every time, if something from it gets shipped and I want to cancel after, it's a whole conundrum. I wanted to avoid that by having each order separate.

You should be able to cancel individual orders form the single large order without issue or penalty.

There is no minimum amount of games you need to have in the order AFAIK.

farisr

Guys I wouldn't make multiple orders right now for the 20% off promotion. While amazon may let you make them right now. They can randomly cancel it later.

Like PSVR for instance. I ordered one my for my self, and one for my brother. Had 2 separate orders, with 2 different addresses, but the same account/credit card. It was limit 1 per customer. One of the orders got cancelled a week later and I got an email from amazon for that.

krae_man

LOL

6JNvhLZ.jpg

Mannn I just read that term that you can only have one order per account after preordering a bunch of shit individually.

You can cancel them all or just take your chances. It could be we're interpreting it wrong, though I don't think there is any other way to interpret it.

The system seems to let you make multiple orders right now but we don't know if there will be a penalty down the line. I think it's safe to assume there will be.

I mean, it is the better amount back in the long run but you have to wait and deal with going into the store with a bunch of coupons.

I think I am just going to take the 20% upfront.

You should be able to cancel individual orders form the single large order without issue or penalty.

There is no minimum amount of games you need to have in the order AFAIK.

Yeaaah maybe I'm getting it confused with the shipping address, my bad. I moved recently, and the system just wouldn't allow me to do it. Had to call in, and they had to do it manually. Doing it also for some reason changed the shipping speed to the most tardy one, even though I am Prime. They weren't able to change that, and the most they could do was attach a note to every single one of my orders requesting "priority shipping", which of course doesn't guarantee nothing in my eyes.

Yeahhhh! Price matched Until Dawn with Best Buy for a grand total of $22.00

They really arent supposed to because the Amazon price is a temp sale and doesnt include shipping.

I was so nervous that I pulled out my credit card early from the machine and she had to do it again. Then, she had to get a password bypass by someone slightly higher up. I'm surprised she couldn't smell the fear on me. I thought I'd be exposed.

No way they'd match the $50 Battlefield 1 price, right? Lol

Yeaaah maybe I'm getting it confused with the shipping address, my bad. I moved recently, and the system just wouldn't allow me to do it. Had to call in, and they had to do it manually. Doing it also for some reason changed the shipping speed to the most tardy one, even though I am Prime. They weren't able to change that, and the most they could do was attach a note to every single one of my orders requesting "priority shipping", which of course doesn't guarantee nothing in my eyes.

Yeah, I had a similar issue with one of my orders. You're right it could turn into a big pain in the ass. I lost my prime shipping on one of my orders and they wouldn't give it to me back despite having Prime.

Vinc

There's no minimum amount of games to order now, so you can cancel without issue, even after a game has shipped

Yeah, I had a similar issue with one of my orders. You're right it could turn into a big pain in the ass. I lost my prime shipping on one of my orders and they wouldn't give it to me back despite having Prime.

And it's not just shipping. It's also credit cards. Good luck with those early 2017 games if your credit card is expiring this year. It's the exact same problem.

There's no minimum amount of games to order now, so you can cancel without issue, even after a game has shipped

Yeah I've rectified that on my earlier post to DoctorWho. I was misremembering the issue.

UberTag

I mean, it is the better amount back in the long run but you have to wait and deal with going into the store with a bunch of coupons.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around the lunacy that is an online pre-order discount promotion that you can only cash in on by going to a physical brick and mortar retail location.

N° 2048

Not giving into Best Buy and that RZ bullshit.

Thankfully most of the games I want still have %30 off from last years deals.

The steel book version of Persona 5 doesn't get the discount, c'mon noww.

You can cancel them all or just take your chances. It could be we're interpreting it wrong, though I don't think there is any other way to interpret it.

The system seems to let you make multiple orders right now but we don't know if there will be a penalty down the line. I think it's safe to assume there will be.

Yeaaaa I know but I just wasted a bunch of time preordering, repreordering and cancelling a bunch of older orders.

Tapejara

What a disappointing year for discounts. Only being able to order once from Amazon is such bullshit.

You're getting games still cheaper than what you would pay in store on release day.

Yup, that's right, we're entitled because the price of games increased $20, and now the discounts we relied on to offset that are poor compared to previous years. C'mon dude.

ohlawd

20% off. yeah. America should just annex us.

anyone here preordering from Best Buy? there must be two of us in here

Kyolux

Already made a first order.. I guess I'll make another one next week and cancel this one at that point.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The only way I'd go for the Best Buy promo is to just use the points on PSN/Steam/eshop cards. No pressure or rush that way.

Anth0ny

I still have open pre-orders for $39.99 from E3 2013. you damn right I'm entitled.

I fine with just not buying games, though. it's all good.

Top Bottom