• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
image.php

We evolved as the apex species on planet earth in order to enjoy damn good poutine.

Kieli

Poutine is gross. Couldn't even finish it.

Shame it looked so good too.

Maybe it was because I let it get cold...

So I was in London Drugs today checking out the ps4 controllers...

$79.99...

WHAT!!!

The camo ones have always been five dollars more, haven't they? Maybe that's what you saw.

They look okay until you go close and notice the three pieces of camo that are shaped like the controller itself. It's so cheesy looking.

EDIT: I've never had a poutine in my life, because I don't/won't eat cheese.

Fularu

Banned
Where you from? Wagering you just never had the good stuff.

edit: oh and the canadian dollar is lower than the US dollar guys. Can you guys believe how expensive things are?

I live in Québec City

I stand by my statement, Poutine is garbage.

The only time I can see myself having some is at 4 am at Ashton after clubbing with a bunch of friends. Because everything else is closed

Jachaos

You didn't fix anything, poutine is awesome in the right places and meh in places with fries that get soggy, barely warm sauce and few cheese curds if at all. I don't know how it is out of Québec but getting some poutine at Frite Alors! made from great belgian fries, good sauce and a good amount of real cheese curds is one of the small joys of life.

Edit: You're in Québec City and still dislike the thing? Oh well, your loss.

I don't get how anyone can hate poutine

it's french fries + cheese curds + fuckin' gravy

GRAVY. SO GOOD UMPH

I usually would've avatar quoted you but this is the least quotable one you've had for this kind of scenario.

terrible

Banned
Poutine is glorious. I'm not big on "gourmet" poutine because I feel like it should be simple and cheap but it's still delicious when done right.

vulva

I live in Québec City

I stand by my statement, Poutine is garbage.

The only time I can see myself having some is at 4 am at Ashton after clubbing with a bunch of friends. Because everything else is closed

still not buying it. Something went wrong at one point or another and it's just a mental block now.

Joeku

That's why Costco poutine is good (and used to be great before they changed the gravy): the fries are so crispy they're almost breaded.

No_Style

That's why Costco poutine is good (and used to be great before they changed the gravy): the fries are so crispy they're almost breaded.

If all poutine was like Costco's I'd be on the anti-poutine side. It's primarily the fries though. I don't like how Costco makes them.

Damn it. Now I'm participating in this nonsense too! :(

Ventara

You know what I like? Those KFC chicken bowls. I'd make my own at home. It was basically poutine, but on top of a layer of mashed potatoes, corn, and chicken nuggets. It was so good.

Ondore

Actual retail question: Has anyone had issues applying BestBuy gift cards to old FutureShop orders since the great shutdown?

I fully accept I'm going to have to call it in, but they're not going to have issues finding it? I suspect I have to pay off my Xenoblade X/SMT x FE doubleheader soon.

Zeeman

After months of never finding a copy, I finally found Azran Legacy at a random Source store the other day (for $40 even, rather than $45). It really is ridiculous how quickly some Nintendo games disappear.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I need your advice SuperiorGAF. I've got both the PS4 and XB1 versions of the Wicher 3 CE pre ordered, but I'm not sure which to keep. The PS4 version will obviously be better performing, but I'm genuinely interested in the cloth map and Gwent cards that come with the XB1 CE. Do you guys the performance gap will be big enough to render those physical exclusives moot?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I actually like Arby's from time to time, but they are literally empty every single time I go to one. I'm amazed they are still open.

I'm also perplexed they haven't introduced a curly fries poutine to their menu, everyone else has poutine now and it's a no brainer. People would probably actually go to one to try it.

Don't tell me they're shutting down what's left of em in Canada

:(

Any still even exist? In Toronto the last one was at Sherway Gardens and that one closed like a year ago, and another was at Square One in Mississauga when I was there in 2010, when I went back last year, gone.

If ANY still exist, they must be like less than a dozen... in the whole country.

zroid

Banned
Any still even exist? In Toronto the last one was at Sherway Gardens and that one closed like a year ago, and another was at Square One when I was there in 2010, when I went back last year, gone.

If ANY still exist, they must be like less than a dozen... in the whole country.

there are some but mostly in smaller suburbs and towns

In the GTA there's one in Ajax and one in Burlington

Arbys still has a big footprint in Alberta iirc

RS4-

Greatest Arbys was the one right next to the arcade at STC.

Free refills, five sandwiches for $5, curly fries, etc etc.

Top Bottom