• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I went to Arby's a lot as a kid, but eventually got tired of their roast beef.

But I really want poutine now. Any good places in Vancouver?

Do y'all think Capt Toad and KirbyU are going to ever go cheaper or is 35$ the best deal I'm gonna get.

There's a $10 off $50 code you can use on the Toys R Us website which brings it down to $60 plus tax for both ($30 each).

I forgot what the code is but it's related to Cineplex.

The code also means you can get MK8 or Smash for $45, but you need $50 for free shipping.

Joeku

We just had a The Works open in Pickering (well, like a year ago) and I don't know if I can risk falling in love with a burger joint near where I live. That shit's dangerous.

espher

I know it's poutine heresy, but I'll take shredded over curds any day.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it with curds, but the texture just grates on me.

Grimsen

Pardon the interruption but the Apr 24 - 30 Round-up is ready - http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

Poutine is great.

The Disney Infinity Spider-man set is actually cheaper on amazon.ca right now. 21.99$ I was tempted to get it for me and my son, but he hasn't finished the Avengers or GOTG yet... will wait for another sale
and play what we have for him

Don't get me wrong, I still like it with curds, but the texture just grates on me.

giphy.gif

Oneself

I live in Québec City

I stand by my statement, Poutine is garbage.

Ok then. You'll have to drive an hour and a half towards Montréal for a visit to Drummondville, more precisely at Le Roy Jucep. Your opinion might change, even about the cheese. ;)

SickBoy

This seems like some just-missed cheese grater joke. (i.e: I have no idea if it was intentional)

theRizzle

I have been trying for over a month to spend this Futureshop gift card I have, but there's nothing that I've really wanted to buy.

Remember back in the day when there were deals?

30488-Woody-Harrelson-crying-money-b-8fc5.gif

Roto13

I went to Arby's a lot as a kid, but eventually got tired of their roast beef.

But I really want poutine now. Any good places in Vancouver?

Is La Belle Patate still around? (On Davie and Jervis, in the West End.) I used to go there all the time and it was great. Cheap, too, with a bunch of weird kinds. Go Habs.

Zing

Banned
My last experience with Arby's when I was 12 resulted in me vomiting when I got home. Never ate there again. That was 26 years ago.

Citadel

Hey all --

Maybe you can help me... I really want to get a new PC monitor (144hz), but I'm a little in the dark about them. I was looking at the 24" BenQ monitors from NCIX, but my main concern is.. will I really notice a difference between 6- / 144hz, especially if I play games at fps lower than 144? (Say I play a game at 30-60 fps, would that still be smoother on a 144hz screen compared to a 60hz?)

Any recommendations you guys can make for 144hz screens? I'd be buying in Vancouver, so probably something from NCIX? Thanks

khaaan

I'll admit, I prefer shredded over curds in my poo-teen. I had a friend who would dump a tonne of vinegar into his, I refused to defile myself to that point. All this talk has gotten me craving poutine now, I'm thinking I might attempt homemade.

In the spirit of this thread:

Xbone + Halo MCC + Battlefield HL for ~350 @ Best Buy
Get $20 off when you buy 2 or more over $69.99 @ Best Buy, COD:AW is on sale but on the list of games.

2 Recycled Games for $20 @ EB
Buy PS4, get Bloodborne, The Order or MLB14 50% off @ EB
Buy Majora's Mask or Smash 3DS, get Fossil Fighters or Codename Steam for $20 @EB

I don't think there is any real benefit to using a 144Hz monitor when you don't plan to run anything above 60Hz. Here is a "blog" http://www.blurbusters.com/ that kind of has some creative ideas about what you can get out of one.

But unless you are planning to do backlight strobing or actually run things above 60 FPS, then its probably better to just get a VA panel monitor in the same range.

No_Style

The Disney Infinity Spider-man set is actually cheaper on amazon.ca right now. 21.99$ I was tempted to get it for me and my son, but he hasn't finished the Avengers or GOTG yet... will wait for another sale

And even cheaper @ EB Games. It's $19.99 there. I posted it thrice on GameDealsCanada as I stumbled across incrementally cheaper deals.

Dazzler

I'll admit, I prefer shredded over curds in my poo-teen. I had a friend who would dump a tonne of vinegar into his, I refused to defile myself to that point. All this talk has gotten me craving poutine now, I'm thinking I might attempt homemade.

In the spirit of this thread:

Xbone + Halo MCC + Battlefield HL for ~350 @ Best Buy
Get $20 off when you buy 2 or more over $69.99 @ Best Buy, COD:AW is on sale but on the list of games.

2 Recycled Games for $20 @ EB
Buy PS4, get Bloodborne, The Order or MLB14 50% off @ EB
Buy Majora's Mask or Smash 3DS, get Fossil Fighters or Codename Steam for $20 @EB

I'm assuming these are last gen only?

Tapejara

I remember being genuinely surprised by KFC's poutine. Used to eat it all the time when I was back at uni.

Also, Amazon's had Legend of Zelda: ALBW listed as out of stock for a few months now, is the game out of print? Might have to swing by EB tomorrow to see if they have any copies.

Probably $14.99 and under. Are any next gen games $14.99 used yet?

Putty Squad, maybe. But no one deserves that kind of punishment.

Sora_N

giphy.gif

I only want the Spidey figure lol..still not worth it for me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just finished my final exam today and celebrated with a poutine.

Living life how it should be.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, what course?

My gf is really into Smoke's Poutinerie (sp?), might be just an ontario thing.

Smoke's is hit or miss. Either you enjoy the meal and come back or feel miserable and never return. Those are the only opinions you'll ever hear.

Needham

Hey all --

Maybe you can help me... I really want to get a new PC monitor (144hz), but I'm a little in the dark about them. I was looking at the 24" BenQ monitors from NCIX, but my main concern is.. will I really notice a difference between 6- / 144hz, especially if I play games at fps lower than 144? (Say I play a game at 30-60 fps, would that still be smoother on a 144hz screen compared to a 60hz?)

Any recommendations you guys can make for 144hz screens? I'd be buying in Vancouver, so probably something from NCIX? Thanks

You'll get less screen tearing with a 144hz screen if you play at lower framerates and don't want to use vsync. Your desktop will be noticeably smoother at 144hz too. Moving your mouse and windows around feels good. That's all I can come up with.

Sorry if I don't find plastic cheese edible.

That's just fresh unsalted cheddar. The squishy plastic feel goes away after 12 hours in the fridge. That's why they sell curds at room temperature in grocery stores. So, if it feels like plastic you know it was made the same day.

Enilced2

Well it's no longer just niche titles hitting the high note....

Battlefront is $79.99

So quick to jack everything up when the dollar went south, with the dollar seemingly starting to bounce back how long before we get re-adjusted back down you think?

Although considering even when the dollar was strong we still got screwed on book prices, I am assuming this is our new standard no matter what the dollar does.

mdubs

Banned
We should start playing a new game "predict the video game price"!

First up: Call of Duty Black Ops III (preorder listings will probably go live in a few days after the trailer)

So what will it be Canada-GAF?

A. $69.99
B. $74.99
C. $79.99
D. $84.99

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

First up: Call of Duty Black Ops III (preorder listings will probably go live in a few days after the trailer)

A. $69.99
B. $74.99
C. $79.99
D. $84.99

E. Poutine

Fuck these Harper prices. I'll spend all my disposable income on poutine instead.

ohlawd

I was at eb yesterday. dude in front of me asked about Battlefront and how much it'd be. "blah blah looks sick blah blah $79.99 blah." he and I did a double take

RE_Player

A. $69.99
B. $74.99
C. $79.99
D. $84.99
I bet it will be B.

diaspora

If you guys buy digital, you can get digital codes from Amazon US and not have to pay taxes/duties.

Edit: Definitely works on PC, I haven't tried redeeming PS4 codes though.

diaspora

Battlefront is $70 CAD, $3 cheaper than buying at $60 USD and converting to CAD. Alternatively, pre-ordering the online game code for Origin through Amazon US would yield a cheaper price from not having to deal with HST.

edit: this will probably be the case with BLOPS3 too unless Steam prevents you from redeeming US codes.

Nibiru

Banned
Battlefront is $70 CAD, $3 cheaper than buying at $60 USD and converting to CAD. Alternatively, pre-ordering the online game code for Origin through Amazon US would yield a cheaper price from not having to deal with HST.

edit: this will probably be the case with BLOPS3 too unless Steam prevents you from redeeming US codes.

Battlefront will be part of the E3 buy 3 promos that always happen. Probably best to wait for those before pre-ordering imo.

Top Bottom