• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er...something is wrong with Walmart's shipping quotes. And their math.

walmartshipping_zpso2bo6hqv.jpg

Nathan Drake Collection btw.

Damn I'm thinking of getting Overwatch off CDKeys.com but I would like to try the beta first to see if I get hooked. Hope the price stays then.

Contact them, as far as I know they should give you a few days to update your payment information before they cancel it.

Yeah that's how it's been for me in the past with other orders. They e-mailed me back, apologized and offered me free one day shipping if I reorder those games but not my discount back. Fffffffffuuuuuuu

NYR

Doubt legacy will qualify for E3 deals since it's considered a collectors bundle.

No hurt in waiting just to be safe, though. Definitely getting it, though. Best Buy used to include collector's editions that were $10 more than the standard game before, they would do that for NHL almost every year.

Firestorm

I preordered Overwatch from Best Buy on PC and haven't received a code... has anyone else?
I did not and had to call customer service earlier -.- From their community forums:

Hey everyone,

It is very disappointing to hear many of you have yet to receive your codes. I have let our gaming team know and we are looking into why some of you didn't receive your code last night. I can understand your disappointment, knowing how excited everyone was to get playing.

I have confirmed that our Customer Service team is set up with extra codes and can get you sorted out. Please give them a call at 1-866-237-8289. I really hope this can get sorted out for you soon.

Thank you everyone for your patience,

krae_man

I never got the "we are cancelling your Last Guardian PS3" email and I tried like crazy to get them to explain how it happened and they basically refused to make any effort to figure out why it happened and correct the problem.

diaspora

Mirror's Edge is about $55 both on CDKeys and on Amazon with the 30% discount applied. Though if CDKeys doesn't charge tax it has the advantage.

Elitist1945

Looks like Overwatch went up a few dollars on CD Keys. Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare are $50 CAD which is likely to be cheaper than they launch at by a good amount...

Mirror's Edge: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mirror-s-edge-catalyst-pc-cd-key-origin
Call of Duty: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-steam

Sorry for the (likely) repeated question, but will I run into any problems purchasing from this site?

Firestorm

People on GAF seem to be fine with using it and my friend was able to get Rise of the Tomb Raider fine from them a few months ago.

No_Style

I am uneasy about sharing deals from the site but I won't tell people not to go there. I just have reservations.

One thing for certain: they are persistent about getting people to share their deals.

Yeah, I chose shipping to the post office which took care of any of it. The only question is $50.80 for a hard copy or $44.99 for digital?

Dude just get a copy off Kijiji, the marketplace is flooded with hard copies. $45 for a disc is reasonable. Plus you'll probably get it sooner.

Palehorse

Well this is a first. Just saw a $46 charge on my CC, the only thing coming is Uncharted. Amazon has shipped my copy and it's arriving here on Thursday. Never had a game the week before launch before.

I just happened to book Friday off as well....Serendipity.

Too bad the physical veesion of the Nathan Drake Collection is $50. I might have bit at $45.

EB tried to sell me on a used copy but if I wanted that I woild have lived with the smudge. It still worked fine, and was just eating at me because I like everything to be perfect.

Digital it is

etta

my hard graphic balls
My U4 estimate is May 4-6, it says "pre-ordered" but under Track Package "being shipped soon".
Hmmmmmm....

ohlawd

and if you signed up for that Pokemon newsletter thing (there was a deadline tho, April 22nd?), you get codes for the three legendary birds. check your email titled "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!"

chrono01

and if you signed up for that Pokemon newsletter thing (there was a deadline tho, April 22nd?), you get codes for the three legendary birds. check your email titled "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!"
Thanks, I just noticed this. I was going to delete the email, haha.

Gxgear

Thanks, I just noticed this. I was going to delete the email, haha.

What does the newsletter look like? I think I deleted one from Nintendo but not sure if that was it...

chrono01

What does the newsletter look like? I think I deleted one from Nintendo but not sure if that was it...
It's an email from the Pokémon Company International (Pokémon Trainer Club). It mentions "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!" in the subject line. The code9s) for the Legendary birds is lower in the email, near the middle.

Gxgear

It's an email from the Pokémon Company International (Pokémon Trainer Club). It mentions "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!" in the subject line. The code9s) for the Legendary birds is lower in the email, near the middle.

Could I trouble you for a screencap (sans code of course)? The only thing I can recall about the email I deleted is that it was mostly regarding the Pokemon 20-year anniversary. Now that I think about it, I don't believe the email I got had a title relating to Darkrai.

chrono01

Could I trouble you for a screencap (sans code of course)? The only thing I can recall about the email I deleted is that it was mostly regarding the Pokemon 20-year anniversary. Now that I think about it, I don't believe the email I got had a title relating to Darkrai.
Sure, just give me a second.

Here you go:

hfPOhx0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom