• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got you all beat:

KiWJLpb.png

krae_man

Pretty sure that's the 72 - 30%

Oh, I guess I didn't try to run the stacking shit or something with other promos.

That year E3 deals were "save an additional 18% on top of whatever we have everything discounted at already" and Uncharted was $50.99 then for some reason.

RS4-

That year E3 deals were "save an additional 18% on top of whatever we already have everything discounted at" and Uncharted was $50.99 then for some reason.

yeah, I just googled and saw the posts on reddit. I guess I missed out during that particular stretch for the $50.99 price.

So I always preorder a bunch of games whenever Amazon has one of their 30% off sales. There is a game coming up that I need to cancel, will this effect the other games I have on preorder? There are more than 3 games on that order but I'm scared that if I cancel it, it will take the deal off. A couple of the other games have dropped in price since I preordered them too, so I don't want to loose the lower prices + 30% off.

zroid

Banned
So I always preorder a bunch of games whenever Amazon has one of their 30% off sales. There is a game coming up that I need to cancel, will this effect the other games I have on preorder? There are more than 3 games on that order but I'm scared that if I cancel it, it will take the deal off. A couple of the other games have dropped in price since I preordered them too, so I don't want to loose the lower prices + 30% off.
you're fine as long as there are 3 games in the order

a916

Had to change some stuff on the old Futureshop E3 order and they told me to redo the entire thing for BestBuy and then hand them the order number and they'd give me the discount.

However they couldn't find Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 (of course they couldn't LOL) so I have a FS order with ROTR... a store that doesn't exist and a game that doesn't either lol.

Kyolux

Had to change some stuff on the old Futureshop E3 order and they told me to redo the entire thing for BestBuy and then hand them the order number and they'd give me the discount.

However they couldn't find Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 (of course they couldn't LOL) so I have a FS order with ROTR... a store that doesn't exist and a game that doesn't either lol.

Did you get the discount on stuff transferred? I would have had a hard time trusting them with this. :/

yeah, I just googled and saw the posts on reddit. I guess I missed out during that particular stretch for the $50.99 price.

Yeah, it was the first year Amazon did E3 deals, and there was some confusion at the very beginning about what discounts applied where (partially because BB made things difficult with their "buy 2 save 15%, buy 3+ save 30%" promo that Amazon was trying to match). Hence Uncharted 4 for $51 before the additional E3 discount.

That was the same year they had Xbox Ones without Kinect on sale for $280 because the E3 pre-order discount applied to console hardware for about an hour (Microsoft announced the Kinect-less version of the Xbox One just before E3).

a916

Did you get the discount on stuff transferred? I would have had a hard time trusting them with this. :/

Yeah, they said they would transfer the discount. I tried to get them to transfer the Tomb Raider discount onto another game but they said they can only give me $20 off on it (when the other two are $30 off).

I'm somewhat optimistic because I don't think they'd lie about it and I could easily dispute it. The CS rep did say it might charge me full and the discount would come back to me within a few days which sounds sketch.

Kyolux

Yeah, they said they would transfer the discount. I tried to get them to transfer the Tomb Raider discount onto another game but they said they can only give me $20 off on it (when the other two are $30 off).

I'm somewhat optimistic because I don't think they'd lie about it and I could easily dispute it. The CS rep did say it might charge me full and the discount would come back to me within a few days which sounds sketch.

yikes, I hope it works out for you... guess you needed to update credit card?

Had to update mine a year ago, they kept it on FS. I should be fine with FFXV,
KH3 though, I'm not sure if that'll be out by May in 2 years.... like.. probably not..

Fularu

Banned
It's actually $41.81(50.99 is before the 18% E3 discount).
If you preordered at the right time, you had It for 50.99 minus 30% if you had 3 games in your order. There were a bunch of games with that situation (Destiny, CoD, AC4, etc)

For example, my uncharted 4 is 35$

krae_man

If you preordered at the right time, you had It for 50.99 minus 30% if you had 3 games in your order. There were a bunch of games with that situation (Destiny, CoD, AC4, etc)

For example, my uncharted 4 is 35$

Yeah I missed out on that. That was a mistake. You weren't supposed to get 30% off the discounted price but some people managed to get that.

Fularu

Banned
Yeah I missed out on that. That was a mistake. You weren't supposed to get 30% off the discounted price but some people managed to get that.
It was on Amazon, their promo was a clusterfuck.

Everyone was expecting a 30% promotion in their cart, including the various CSRs. To fix it, they increased all the prices.

a916

yikes, I hope it works out for you... guess you needed to update credit card?

Had to update mine a year ago, they kept it on FS. I should be fine with FFXV,
KH3 though, I'm not sure if that'll be out by May in 2 years.... like.. probably not..

Yeah, credit card and address. The people who live there now are none to pleased when they received a package for me 2 weeks after I moved out.

MrNineties

Ah, gotta head over soon. I understand the co-marketing thing, but I kind of wish they just made them all downloadable normally.

Just to reiterate what has likely been said here in past pages, but for your direct benefit, mystery gift is still active this month and it provides you a 50% form level 100 Zygarde.

superbad

Ohhhh golly, just got shipping confirmation on Uncharted. Amazon says it'll be here Friday

It would sure be nice if Sony lifted the street date or bumped the release date up to Friday, seeing as the last delay was to allow more manufacturing time.

So weird that Amazon started shipping this early.

sikkinixx

It would sure be nice if Sony lifted the street date or bumped the release date up to Friday, seeing as the last delay was to allow more manufacturing time.

So weird that Amazon started shipping this early.

It certainly doesn't seem like Sony is doing much to stop copies from leaking out everywhere.

And Amazon is shipping mine overnight shipping. I'm confused as hell but I'll gladly take it! New TV and Uncharted arriving tomorrow.

c-murph

Nintendo games still gonna be part of E3 sales right?! I need that Pokemon Sun and Moon and SMT: Apocalypse!

I don't think Nintendo has any say in it. I think it's more of a retailer thing. So, I'd assume they would be. Unless amazon.ca and BBY are all fuck dat and decide 30% is too much and only give us 20%. Which I actually can see happening...

Corey31

I don't think Nintendo has any say in it. I think it's more of a retailer thing. So, I'd assume they would be. Unless amazon.ca and BBY are all fuck dat and decide 30% is too much and only give us 20%. Which I actually can see happening...

Don't give them any ideas!

No_Style

Just here to celebrate the post E3 Persona 5 release date.

I haven't tried the beta yet but if I'm not picking up for $79.99. :/

Luigi87

Well I took my car in for an oil change and my all-season tires put back on... Turns out my brakes are effed, and my transmission fluid needs to be badly changed.

Cancelling a bunch of pre-orders now >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom