• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that if the price drops down the line then your pre-order promo(the one you pay $80/year for) is not fully applied, if at all.

While I obviously would rather have Amazon's previous E3 discount where the 30% applies to the lowest price, including price matches, I would note that Amazon does differentiate between drops in list price and temporary discounts (i.e. price matches with other retailers, limited-time sales). Amazon will adjust the 20% discount in the case of the former, if/when they acknowledge the drop in MSRP. Anyone who ordered the Breath of the Wild LE benefited from this recently.

Though I think people ran into issues with Pokemon Sun/Moon? where Amazon wouldn't drop MSRP even though the game was being sold for less everywhere else. But I don't remember that situation very well, as I didn't order Pokemon Sun/Moon.

farisr

The idea that if the price drops down the line then your pre-order promo(the one you pay $80/year for) is not fully applied, if at all.
I do agree. If you're paying for a membership that gets you exclusive discounts that non-members don't get, then there really shouldn't be a scenario where folks who aren't paying for the membership are getting the item at the same price as you.

Cynar

While I obviously would rather have Amazon's previous E3 discount where the 30% applies to the lowest price, including price matches, I would note that Amazon does differentiate between drops in list price and temporary discounts (i.e. price matches with other retailers, limited-time sales). Amazon will adjust the 20% discount in the case of the former, if/when they acknowledge the drop in MSRP. Anyone who ordered the Breath of the Wild LE benefited from this recently.

Though I think people ran into issues with Pokemon Sun/Moon? where Amazon wouldn't drop MSRP even though the game was being sold for less everywhere else. But I don't remember that situation very well, as I didn't order Pokemon Sun/Moon.
Amazon fixed this for me. I didn't have any issues.

Gitaroo

yeah 20% prime discount should be applied to the lowest price from the moment you preorder until the release day, not MSRP, why should anyone pay 80bucks a year when 2 days shipping is almost a standard for BB in most cases and people that didn't pay a cent also get to enjoy random discount pricing, doesn't matter how low it is. Im gona send them an email later and see what they say, if they don't do anything about this then I will cancel my sub after this year is up. Just wait for e3 sales or price drop in the future titles.

zroid

Banned
The Super Mario Odyssey pre-order is down to $70.53 on Amazon.ca for everyone. Doesn't seem to effect the Prime Discount. Question for CS?

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MY7GHKJ/022748-20/

EDIT:

Also Xenoblade 2

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MU9VUKN/022748-20/

Fire Emblem Warriors

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MZ8ZFHA/022748-20/

Not affecting the prime discount is disappointing...

thanks for the reminder to pre-order those while I have a Prime trial though!

Lexxism

Not affecting the prime discount is disappointing...

thanks for the reminder to pre-order those while I have a Prime trial though!
But those discount won't apply when they ship it. You must be a prime when they ship it to apply the discount.

Cynar

So the discount gets readjusted when it ships? My Prime trial just expired and I still see the discount on the order invoice for those Zelda Amiibos from last week.
I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work. I'm glad you still got your discount!

tiijj

The Zelda botw deluxe guide at amazon has picture now.

z7NEW2D.jpg

damn it, with all the zelda stuff alone I maxed my games budget for the first half lol.

But will we get useless My Nintendo gold coins getting it from Amazon? :p

Gold Points can be earned by purchasing downloadable games (with an MSRP of $5.00 or higher) from the official Nintendo website, Nintendo eShop, or by redeeming a retailer-issued download code.

Useless points for all! :)

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...-earn-my-nintendo-points-(gold,-platinum,-etc

EDIT: lol i should read my own links

Hardware, physical software, downloadable content, passes, and themes do not qualify for Gold Points.

iphys

I keep thinking if I should or shouldn't order 1-2 Switch. Dammit, Nintendo. Make it cheaper.

Should have been bundled for free. Only people that will buy this are people too rich to be pained by the price or clueless mums that think it's some sort of deal because it's cheaper than Zelda. Save your money for the better offerings down the line.

I keep thinking if I should or shouldn't order 1-2 Switch. Dammit, Nintendo. Make it cheaper.

Should have been bundled for free. Only people that will buy this are people too rich to be pained by the price or clueless mums that think it's some sort of deal because it's cheaper than Zelda. Save your money for the better offerings down the line.

Not again, not again, not again....

zroid

Banned
I have a somewhat esoteric question, wonder if anyone knows the answer

You know how Indigo is currently doing one of those Plum points top-up promotions?

Well, I was at the $10 tier before now, so I'm temporarily at the $20 tier. Suppose I just wanted to redeem $10 rather than $20, would it subtract from my balance the bonus points or my pre-existing points first?

The idea is if I always stay at around the $10 tier then every time they do this promo, I'll easily be able to get an extra $10 to spend rather than have to start my way from the bottom again.

So the discount gets readjusted when it ships? My Prime trial just expired and I still see the discount on the order invoice for those Zelda Amiibos from last week.

They stayed for me after my recent trial too, but I haven't seen any confirmation the discount will still apply when it ships. I suspect even if they did charge you the full amount, you could get CS to refund you the discount anyway on the basis that your order page indicated you'd pay a different price.

Ended up purchasing prime though so I'm not testing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom