• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeman

Is it just me or has the Breath of the Wild deluxe guide disappeared from Amazon? I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anybody else?

It has been temporarily delisted. Word on the street is that they are adding more stock and, when it comes back, it will have the same 40% discount as the US version :)

It has been temporarily delisted. Word on the street is that they are adding more stock and, when it comes back, it will have the same 40% discount as the US version :)

Awesome! Thanks so much for the heads up. I was wondering if I was beginning to lose my mind or not. Any word as to why it was delisted?

leeman

Awesome! Thanks so much for the heads up. I was wondering if I was beginning to lose my mind or not. Any word as to why it was delisted?

Word is that it was delisted in order to re-stock it. They are probably using the break to both bring in new stock and adjust the price. I would be shocked if it didn't show up again tomorrow sometime :)

Yeah, don't worry. That's what I usually did. Go to the convention for other stuff and then just pop by their wares while I was there. Good for them that they'll still be around in some form at least.

I was wondering if they'd be doing a clearance sale but if they're still doing cons and have the other two locations I guess they'd probably hold onto the stock they have.

Only of their used stock, BUT they have a "Buy 1 amiibo, get another 1/2 off" IIRC for new ones.

I think the used stuff was like "Buy 1 9.99 used game get one half off"? Can't remember.

Two offers:

Buy 1 used game less than $9.99, get two games of the same price or less for free;
Buy 1 used game more than $9.99, get another game of same price or less for 50% off.

That's in addition to the amiibo/hardware sales. Stopped in a few weeks back when I noticed the store closing sign. Kind of sad to see them go, I don't really buy a lot of used games but they were pretty cool. Ended up buying one of the DS Layton games and Flower, Sun and Moon in the sale, wish I could've given them more business when it might have counted. Though on the other hand, Queen Street rent is no joke, I'm not surprised they decided to abandon Toronto.

gabbo

HEADS UP! The Iceman Video Games in Toronto will permanently close down on Wednesday Feb 22nd!

Was just told this today when I was there. They will be focusing now on their two locations in Lindsay and Peterborough in Ontario. If you have credit there, it won't expire, but I highly suggest if getting to the other two locations is not an option, then you should spend it while you can. Same goes for any pre-orders you still have. I would think they would just transfer over to wherever you want (not sure), but JUST to be on the safe side, pick-up any games you reserved but haven't picked-up yet.

Whaaaaat? Jeez. Need to check out if they have anything Im looking for

zroid

Banned
Anyone have any experience with cheap (<$10) HDMI switches? I think I might need one for the Switch cause I don't have enough HDMI ports.

Anyone have any experience with cheap (<$10) HDMI switches? I think I might need one for the Switch cause I don't have enough HDMI ports.

I actually did research on this a little while ago when needing a HDMI switch in November.

I would highly recommend this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00UM3AA6O/

I have all of my gaming consoles (ps4, wii u, ps tv & ps3) and computer hooked up to it and the auto-switch works flawlessly (never needed to use the included remote once).

If you buy a cheapy hdmi switch that DOESN'T require power there's a good chance you'll run into issues with auto switching (apparently the ps4 has problems with this), so I'd stay away from those and just invest in a $20 that you'll never have to worry about.

If 5 ports is too many for you they also have a 3 port version: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V7DUIA6/

I have this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0090QJ9V6/

I use it to switch between my PS3 and my Raspberry Pi. It works, although it seems a bit finicky. Initially I was trying to use it with my PS3 and Steam Link, and it wouldn't switch over to the PS3 when I turned it on. Couldn't even switch over manually. I then swapped the Link for my Pi, and it's worked fine since. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I never really did much research into it. Just know that if you go for this particular product, you may not be able to plug exactly what you want it into it. It also has a really obnoxious blue led, but you can cover that up with tape.

So I believe the ps3 has the same issues as the ps4 where the HDMI requires power going through the switch in order for it to turn on; as the switch doesn't have power from the wall it doesn't detect it and thus won't work. Apparently (from reading user reviews) if you have something plugged into the switch that sends power (like the PI in this case) then it will work.

Iced

I use it to switch between my PS3 and my Raspberry Pi. It works, although it seems a bit finicky. Initially I was trying to use it with my PS3 and Steam Link, and it wouldn't switch over to the PS3 when I turned it on. Couldn't even switch over manually. I then swapped the Link for my Pi, and it's worked fine since. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I never really did much research into it. Just know that if you go for this particular product, you may not be able to plug exactly what you want it into it. It also has a really obnoxious blue led, but you can cover that up with tape.

I have a Kinivo 5 port switch.

Works fine with auto-switching however some devices still handshake when "turned off" like the Xb1, Steam Link, Roku. That usually messes up the auto-switching.

zroid

Banned
I actually did research on this a little while ago when needing a HDMI switch in November.

I would highly recommend this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00UM3AA6O/

I have all of my gaming consoles (ps4, wii u, ps tv & ps3) and computer hooked up to it and the auto-switch works flawlessly (never needed to use the included remote once).

If you buy a cheapy hdmi switch that DOESN'T require power there's a good chance you'll run into issues with auto switching (apparently the ps4 has problems with this), so I'd stay away from those and just invest in a $20 that you'll never have to worry about.

If 5 ports is too many for you they also have a 3 port version: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V7DUIA6/

Hmmm thanks dudes. I was looking at that $6 one and wasn't sure about it. Same brand as the more expensive powered one though. I guess if I'm going to get one I'll go for the powered model. I might be able to manage without a switch by changing my PS3 config so the video goes direct to TV and I use optical audio instead. But that's kind of a pain.

edit: apparently there's a 3 port version of that 5 port one which seems exactly the same otherwise, and it's $15. might go for that.

Moltenix

Hmm, Horizon reviews are looking pretty good but I think I might just cancel my Amazon preorder and wait for a sale later in the year. Between it and BotW, it's obvious which one will retain it's value. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hmm, Horizon reviews are looking pretty good but I think I might just cancel my Amazon preorder and wait for a sale later in the year. Between it and BotW, it's obvious which one will retain it's value. Anyone else in the same boat?

Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna make time for Horizon, BotW and Nier...

Was thinking about buying Horizon but the reviews saved me 80 bucks and able to spend more time with BotW in march.

Haines

Banned
There's no way I'm skipping horizon.

Not with a pro/ks8000.

And zelda is portable so that shit will get play.

I'm not even certain horizon will get any great sales for a while. It will probably sell well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today I got the Zelda CD and the FDS box to sit under my Famicom Classic that I ordered from Amazon Japan on Thursday. The FDS box looks so fucking cute under the mini.

jokkir

So I decided that I'm probably going to cancel my BOTW SE sometime later today. If anyone wants, it might go back in stock on Amazon.

Also, shipping question. How fast does Amazon ship for launch items? I still want to get a game to play once my Switch arrives.

stn

Should I get Nioh? I can still get the Prime discount on Amazon, thing is they're saying it is expected to ship in 1-2 months??????

Moltenix

There's no way I'm skipping horizon.

Not with a pro/ks8000.

And zelda is portable so that shit will get play.

I'm not even certain horizon will get any great sales for a while. It will probably sell well.

Not everyone has the luxury of portable Zelda :(

Sounds like the ultimate version does indeed come with the steelbook and it doesn't appear to be retailer exclusive.

The Darkseid DLC does sound like it is retailer exclusive, sounds like Gamestop / EB only.

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/727713/injustice-2-ultimate-edition

No info on Injustice 2 for Switch, but who knows in time :).

This article has some decent info on all this:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/injustice-2-release-date-editions-pre-orders/
Darkseid will be included with all pre-orders, physical or digital, from any retailer. It will most likely be a slip of paper included in all first prints.

However, there are some pretty random retailer exclusives attached pre-ordering IJ2. Best Buy has a Flash hat, and EB Games has a Batman "pro gamer jersey".

Not entirely sure where the steelbook falls in here, but I can't see NRS releasing without any sort of collectible packaging. The first game had a steelbook (outside CE) that was exclusive to EB Games, so it's possible that it could be Amazon this year. Kinda doubt Amazon would list it so casually if that were the case, though. We'll find out closer to the release date.

Vinc

Are everybody's Amazon Switch preorders still showing "Delivery estimate: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - Friday, March 10, 2017 by 8:00pm"? It's still not been updated to Day-One for me, and support says it's because the console isn't elligible for release day delivery and will never be. This is with express shipping (was never given the option to pick two-day with Prime)

Should I get Nioh? I can still get the Prime discount on Amazon, thing is they're saying it is expected to ship in 1-2 months??????

The game has apparently been suffering from stock issues all over the world. Sony/KT apparently had no idea the WOM would be this strong. I'm not sure when the next shipment is coming though.

Feels like this has been a recurring theme with all the niche games the past couple months. Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, and now this.

mdubs

Banned
The game has apparently been suffering from stock issues all over the world. Sony/KT apparently had no idea the WOM would be this strong. I'm not sure when the next shipment is coming though.

Feels like this has been a recurring theme with all the niche games the past couple months. Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, and now this.

The good news is that both Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 were back in stock within a couple weeks, so if you order now you won't have to wait overly long.

YMMV. I never had any problem getting games at launch but I'm using flex delivery. But then again, I'm using a free express shipping.
I got my copy of the last guardian from them on launch day, using regular free shipping. But I'm worried I might get Horizon late. Amazon is getting really bad with shipping lately, I just ordered a circular saw and the expected delivery is a week later...

Lexxism

I got my copy of the last guardian from them on launch day, using regular free shipping. But I'm worried I might get Horizon late. Amazon is getting really bad with shipping lately, I just ordered a circular saw and the expected delivery is a week later...
If you're in Prime, you can use the canada post flex delivery to get the stuff day one. That has been the case for me. I never had any problem. Now, if it's free shipping then there's a chance it might not come on launch.

Seik

Banned
Meh...I wanted to use my free month of Amazon Prime to order Super Bomberman R to save some money and they're not taking pre-orders anymore it seems. :(((

Luigi87

Only just realized that my Zelda Arts & Artifacts shipped (from Amazon) via FedEx and not CP... bluh.

Edit: Also really glad Horizon is reviewing fantastically. I really, really want it. It was Game of Show for me for E3 2015, and second only to Zelda for 2016... But of course it just has to come out the same week as Zelda x_x

88 average too low for you? :p

I'm the opposite, probably cancelling Switch order and going all in with Horizon and Mass Effect

Wasn't the score actually. It was some of the stuff that I read on the review and the fact that the replayability wasn't high is what turned me off to buying it day 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'll pick it up in the future, but I rather explore and play Zelda at this time than Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom