• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

How is it? Any feedback will be appreciated.

The NES30 Pro D-pad and buttons and everything work quite well, and it's way more comfortable than holding a sideways Joy-Con especially if you need to use shoulder buttons, although not as ergonomic as the Switch Pro controller, but at least very lightweight and portable. The only problem I found with it is if you push the C-sticks right and release them they can register left after, but the Switch Pro controller sticks can do this in every direction, so it's still a big improvement. The C-sticks feel a little less smooth when you rotate them like the mechanism inside is different, but I actually find them easier to aim in specific directions. The D-pad is basically a NES D-pad, which probably isn't the most amazing D-pad ever made and I kind of prefer clickier ones where the cross piece doesn't shift around as much inside the controller, but it's good for nostalgia and works to play Tetris unlike the Switch Pro controller D-pad that gives bogus hard drops.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you put it on Auto it should auto switch between RGB and YUV422 as required.

Picture adjust will show HDR if HDR content is working correctly.

Sharpness is 51 and Reality Creation is turned off. When I have a chance later I can post my settings.
Thanks, but I forced the 2160p RGB instead of Auto and I still get the HDR icon, so it's enabled I believe, and resolution shows 4K in Display.

Omlagus

I have owned the 55" X900E over a month and also own a 49" X800D. I absolutely love the X900E. The colours and black levels look exceptional. The 4k content looks stunning. I also love having an Android Smart TV interface. Great for using emulators directly on your TV. It even works with my FC30 now.

It's not great for watching on angle but I sit in front of the TV anyway.

That's great to hear. I've been following the owners thread on AVS pretty closely and it sounds like this is a fantastic tv.

Etta, if you have other impressions, let's hear them. Although it sounds pretty positive from what you've posted so far. Lol.

If anyone took advantage of a free Fallout 4 on the Xbox store last year, you got a $10 credit for the price error. That credit expires June 20.

Unfortunately $12.80 CAD doesn't go very far on digital apps or games.

Sealtest

If anyone took advantage of a free Fallout 4 on the Xbox store last year, you got a $10 credit for the price error. That credit expires June 20.

Unfortunately $12.80 CAD doesn't go very far on digital apps or games.

No it does not.. I spent a bunch of it just buying the Digimon avatar items just so it wouldnt expire.

Kyolux

Got shipping notice for Mario Kart. No shipping charge on the invoice. But I got a 4.99 shipping fee on my order summary (that's charged on my CC already).

Wonder what that means.

Probably means nothing and no free Switch, that would be crazy otherwise.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's great to hear. I've been following the owners thread on AVS pretty closely and it sounds like this is a fantastic tv.

Etta, if you have other impressions, let's hear them. Although it sounds pretty positive from what you've posted so far. Lol.

4K HDR is a massive fucking step up, way more pronounced than 720p > 1080p. The pixel count and image quality of 4K and the impressive color depth of HDR are incredible. The TV is fucking top class, blacks are so inky deep I have a hard time believing it's not OLED.

My current impressions:
latest

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

i-Jest

Well I haven't gotten my Switch Bundle. If it's just the game then I'll be making a trip to Bestbuy. This was always a possibility when I made the order.

Maybe I should just sit on the game for a couple weeks and see what happens with that Switch.

Kyolux

Well I haven't gotten my Switch Bundle. If it's just the game then I'll be making a trip to Bestbuy. This was always a possibility when I made the order.

Maybe I should just sit on the game for a couple weeks and see what happens with that Switch.

We have what, something like 30 days to return it?

Had to call for an address change on the Switch glitch order and CSR said they had info on that order. I have been told that all the glitched order are being pulled and given to a manager who will send follow-up e-mail to everyone who ordered. Don't know what it will contain. People who get the game shipped, it's because it slipped through. Also, no one is "approved" for the second part of the order.

i-Jest

Had to call for an address change on the Switch glitch order and CSR said they had info on that order. I have been told that all the glitched order are being pulled and given to a manager who will send follow-up e-mail to everyone who ordered. Don't know what it will contain. People who get the game shipped, it's because it slipped through. Also, no one is "approved" for the second part of the order.

Good to know, I'll wait this out then.

We have what, something like 30 days to return it?

Indeed.

Omlagus

4K HDR is a massive fucking step up, way more pronounced than 720p > 1080p. The pixel count and image quality of 4K and the impressive color depth of HDR are incredible. The TV is fucking top class, blacks are so inky deep I have a hard time believing it's not OLED.

My current impressions:

LMFAO. Sounds great.

Is there anywhere to get a switch pro controller cheaper than $90+tax? :(

Why not use Shoppers points or wait for a 20x event? I was saving my points for a Switch but I got one from Best Buy so I'll use my points on something else.

Random thought, I miss those after hour sales from Best Buy. They usually had a blanket 15% off accessories.

Ventara

Hey guys, I know you all probably have your own cheap copies of ARMS, but I figure I might as well post this here.

Looking to trade my sealed copy of ARMS for Mario Kart 8 DX. I live in Toronto. PM me if interested.

Firestorm

Why not use Shoppers points or wait for a 20x event? I was saving my points for a Switch but I got one from Best Buy so I'll us my points on something else.

Random thought, I miss those after hour sales from Best Buy. They usually had a blanket 15% off accessories.
Ooh that's a good idea. I've been waiting to use my points for over a year. And yeah, the blanket accessory sales would have been nice. Lemme know if you know any Vancouver area locations with Switch stuff?

Lizardus

I can't believe that we only get one colour of New 2DS XL in Canada. I also can't believe that the best E3 deals happened before the E3 even started.

NYR

I can't believe that we only get one colour of New 2DS XL in Canada. I also can't believe that the best E3 deals happened before the E3 even started.
It was definitely one of the most unique E3s in memory. I think Wal-Mart made a huge push this year and put all on notice that $50 games the weekend before E3 is how they are going to roll. Something to keep in mind and update in the OP in the next thread.

God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroit, Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty WW2 and Crash Bandicoot getting major price drops on Amazon pretty much confirmed to me that I'll be getting them at launch at this point. Very happy with the heavy drops.

Best wishes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was definitely one of the most unique E3s in memory. I think Wal-Mart made a huge push this year and put all on notice that $50 games the weekend before E3 is how they are going to roll. Something to keep in mind and update in the OP in the next thread.
Nobody reads the OP.

Isn't the white/orange Japan only?

CazTGG

Speaking of the New 3DS, has there been any exclusive release (read: not a port of a Wii/U/Switch game) for the console, or is it still just performance enhancements, SNES Virtual Console and less painful to hold than a regular 3DS as the main selling points?

CaLe

Anyone with a 4K tv (preferably x900E) can tell me if the upscaling of normal 1080p TV shows is worth talking about ?

I want a 4K tv for games. It's hard to convince the wife when all she uses it for is Netflix and TV shows.

Ventara

Speaking of the New 3DS, has there been any exclusive release (read: not a port of a Wii/U/Switch game) for the console, or is it still just performance enhancements, SNES Virtual Console and less painful to hold than a regular 3DS as the main selling points?

As far as I know, none. N3DS base is too small to develop an exclusive game for it.

JDH

I'll only get the new 2DS if it's all black and no themed version or anything. I hate colored consoles/systems. Black or white only please, thank you.

Ondore

There's some eShop stuff (Runbow Pocket is the biggest) that is New 3DS only, and if you don't have a Switch there'll be a New 3DS only version of Fire Emblem Warriors.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone with a 4K tv (preferably x900E) can tell me if the upscaling of normal 1080p TV shows is worth talking about ?

I want a 4K tv for games. It's hard to convince the wife when all she uses it for is Netflix and TV shows.
Not really, they will look the same. Netflix Originals are in 4K HDR, though, so there's that.

ElNino

I have owned the 55" X900E over a month and also own a 49" X800D. I absolutely love the X900E. The colours and black levels look exceptional. The 4k content looks stunning. I also love having an Android Smart TV interface. Great for using emulators directly on your TV. It even works with my FC30 now.

It's not great for watching on angle but I sit in front of the TV anyway.
Hmm, the bolded is why I'm hesitant to go with LED in my family room as almost all of our seating is on an angle from the TV. I'm using a plasma now, which has been great, but I'm going to pick up an LG B/C7 to replace it I think.

However, the X900E looks like it could be perfect for our reading alcove upstairs where I want to have a second entertainment area while we are waiting to finish our basement. It'll probably just be used for Wii U gaming and Netflix, but the Xbox One S will go up there as well once the X comes out.

Luigi87

Deal-ish
So 2nd Turn is currently doing a Surface Pro 3 promo.

$299.92 for i5 / 4GB RAM / 128GB drive Refurbished Surface Pro 3.

Edit: Okay 10 minutes ago I saw a bunch, now they're all gone o_o

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Deal-ish

WTF this sounds amazing. What is 2nd Turn and how can I get in on this?

Are these refurbs? Sounds too good to be true.

krae_man

Deal-ish

Edit: Okay 10 minutes ago I saw a bunch, now they're all gone o_o

Every time I go there, people are bidding up auctions to near retail price for stuff that's scratched all to hell and missing parts.

There are never any deals.

I'll only get the new 2DS if it's all black and no themed version or anything. I hate colored consoles/systems. Black or white only please, thank you.

Lol I'm literally the exact opposite of you. Give me any colour. Black, white or grey can sit and rot

krae_man

Yeah I signed up with the quickness and it seems they're all gone.

There are some still there. That wasn't the asking price, that was what bids we're up to. They probably closed higher.

They were in store demo units. The batteries could have died two days after you bought it.

Luigi87

There are some still there. That wasn't the asking price, that was what bids we're up to. They probably closed higher.

They were in store demo units. The batteries could have died two days after you bought it.

Nah these were special Promo ones that are sold at $299.92 (they're tagged as Promo), rather than auctions. They seem to put some up every so often since the 15th. I only discovered it tonight however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom