• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancelled Avengers Game - Leaked Gameplay Trailer

BigJiantRobut said:
Yeah dude the camera perspective automatically makes a game bad

Yes it does.

It's a huge turn off.

OH LOOK, HANDS IS IN FRONT OF ME! GREEN HANDS = HULK! RED HANDS = IRON MAN! HAND AND A SHIELD = CAP! HAND AND A HAMMER = THOR!

Part of the appeal of comic books are awesome visuals. FPS completely removes that.

So sick and tired of Western developers and their generic FPS trash ruining console gaming.

Korosenai

Wow. This looks like a lot of fun, unlike the other movie games. Probably the only movie game I would have ever bought. Ton of potential.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If it had combat half as good as Riddick's then day one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Take out Bandit has the worst taste of anyone on GAF, feel free to disregard his ramblings.

BadData

Yeah, definitely looked like it had potential... Who knows how buggy the actual game was, but that looked pretty cool, especially considering the 4 player co op. I disagree that the FPS angle was a bad move, I think it was pretty interesting considering that every other Marvel superhero game has been third person.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yes it does.

It's a huge turn off.

OH LOOK, HANDS IS IN FRONT OF ME!

I know I'm probably taking troll bait, but...

how do you function in real life if seeing hands in front of you bothers you so much?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Looked better than any other comic book game not named batman.

Would have given it a try over the recent thor/cap half assed games released recently.

Actually looks(-ed) pretty cool. Definitely some potential.

Why do they cancel stuff like this, when shit like Thor and the Iron Man games get through?!

Blueblur1

If the game went out to a 3rd person perspective so much, maybe they should have just made that the permanent perspective?

Milabrega

Looks like the excellent Space Marine engine. The first person perspective is very off putting in a super hero game, especially one with a melee focus.

Lombax

Banned
I have to keep hope that dev on this game was moved to another studio. Looks awesome, damn shame if it never comes out.

Enco

Would've been the best superhero game by the looks of it.

Maybe an internet petition will get it back?

:(

Xabora

quickwhips said:
looks like it had online coop. It could of sold more copies then thor or iron man thats for sure.
Would have been the first super hero game I bought in years JUST for that feature.

Frantic

Wow. That actually looked good. A super hero FPS always seemed like a cool idea, and if it actually had coop I definitely would have picked this up. A REAL shame it got canned. :(

Messi

Enco said:
Would've been the best superhero game by the looks of it.

Maybe an internet petition will get it back?

:(

Arkham asylum looks like it is alot better than this, no? still this looks like it might have been fun.

reminds me of what i wanted to pitch to any dev house that would listen.

Experiencing major story lines of the Marvel Universe. You're a S.H.I.E.L.D soldier, FPS style, COD Black Ops engine, HEAVILY scripted, crazy techno weaponry with occasional cinematic CPU assist from (insert marvel hero), all as 2 hour campaign-only DLC at 10-15 bucks a pop.

Basically AAA self-contained standalone DLC. I'd buy it. It's like that comic MARVELS. Imagine being in NY as Galactus prepares to devour the city and you're assisting with stopping the invasion or whatever. Utilizing how modern FPS games tell these types of stories in-engine as it happens, seeing stuff like Galactus, or the the Skrull invasion, or World War Hulk happen ala Infinity Ward or Treyarch would be insane...

Alas...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Yea... i woulda played the shit outta this game. With more polish of the melee and some smooth netcode this would have been a serious treat online with a couple buddies. le sigh...

G-Fex

wow how does that get cancelled and sega releases all of their garbage.

Ugh I hope this didn't get canned in favor of a super kid friendly normal boring looking beat em up.

IrishNinja

TheOGB said:
Yeah, First-Person is WTF

Iron Man would have been cool, but for everyone else...

agreed, but...the bar for comic book games is so low, this might've been fun.
i mean, outside of fighting games, Marvel properties havent been good for a while. all their recent movie games didnt look like they went well, Ultimate Alliance 2 seems like it might've been the nail in the coffin for replaying X-Men Legends like 4 times now, so i think i might've been down for this.

or, really, anything that isnt Rise of the Imperfects 2.

_woLf

That actually looked like it could be really fun, especially in co-op. Go figure it's the one that THQ cancels. :|

Top Bottom