• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cant get acount back from psn

Airbus Jr

Banned
Hey i lost my old ps4 and just bought a new one

When i entered my password it says my password are incorect

I press triangle and have email sent to me

After i follow the instruction and enter my date birth it says my date birth is incorect

So i change to other question birthplace..it says my answer are also incorect...im like wtf...

After several attempts it blocked and says they sent another link but nothing happened

Already contact customer support but no replies can someone help this situation ? Thanks

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
Thanks man

I was like..wtf happened there at their network when it says my birthday and birthplace wrong...

Im sure im not making any mistake there when i was asked about that question...

lol i was just joking man don't send your details to anyone

you say you lost your console maybe it was stolen? the thief probably had access and changed the pass so you better call customer service

turtlepowa

Banned

After i follow the instruction and enter my date birth it says my date birth is incorect

So i change to other question birthplace..it says my answer are also incorect...im like wtf...

After several attempts it blocked and says they sent another link but nothing happened

Already contact customer support but no replies can someone help this situation ? Thanks
The support is fucking useless. I mailed them 3 times in 2019 and never got an answer.

Well if I was a piece of shit and had a stolen PS4, I'd know that I can't easily change the email address of the stolen account that I'm using. So I just change the security questions and I'm golden, because the guy who bought the damn thing in the first place will never be able to guess what funny answers I come up with. I can use the stolen PS4 with another ones account and be set.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
OP like other people say try to keep contacting Sony.

For some reason they are really hesitant on actually helping their customers for some reason.

GHG

How the OP found himself in this predicament suddenly starts to make sense.

Well if I was a piece of shit and had a stolen PS4, I'd know that I can't easily change the email address of the stolen account that I'm using. So I just change the security questions and I'm golden, because the guy who bought the damn thing in the first place will never be able to guess what funny answers I come up with. I can use the stolen PS4 with another ones account and be set.

You need the password to change the security questions.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I had this happen. I gave them a call and they changed the password for me. I think I had to give some basic info like the last few digits of the registered card.

V4skunk

Banned
If someone stole it can they change account information without knowing the password?
As far as i know they can't change anything with out knowing your password.
Trying to change it or even remove account from the PS4 requires the password.

This thread is making me anxious.

- Random posters that write in broken english
- offers of help by sharing password data
- offers of gold to sell
- mentions of drugs
FOMO?!
These offers are unbelievable.
I'm a NeoGaf user who invested in this, I can truthfully say I could retire early!
Better than BTC and TSLA!

Agent X

PlayStation Network has been experiencing some weird issues for more than a full day. Airbus Jr Airbus Jr , your problem could be related to these issues.

Here's the link to check the PSN status in the US:

Other regions' PlayStation Web sites should have similar links to check the PSN status.

N30RYU

If you have PSN purchases call customers support and prove it's your account so they can set it back to you

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
1-800-345-SONY (7669) in the US. Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your account once you have one created/retrieved. Never give out your password to anyone. I would say go with Two Factor because it will text your phone for a verification code. Don’t make an easy password either. Also, maybe check your spam or junk email.

You said no replies? How did you initially contact Sony?

xrnzaaas

Geez man, don't ever ever give your login & password to anyone, even if you get an e-mail "from Sony".

Contact customer support if everything else fails and once you get hold of your account start by activating 2FA (I honestly don't know why this isn't mandatory yet, so many people ale losing their unprotected accounts).

Last edited:

wOs

Thanks man

I was like..wtf happened there at their network when it says my birthday and birthplace wrong...

Well my best guess going by this post is you did something in the past to compromise your account.

I'd call Sony by the way and not do email if it's possible. With covid it's whacky now knowing what is and isn't available.

lukiluk

Do they do that? I lied when PS3 came out because I wasn't 18.
I have Polish account and they change my birth day date. I remember I call to them, and answer several question. Like last purcharshe, how I topup credit, and I must sent a scan copy of my ID with censored some info. After that, I was able to change the password myself by put correct bday date. That's all.

You can't change your birthdate, so there is either a problem with PSN or you fucked up when you signed up and put in a wrong one. Try your month and year, but the first of the month or some thing like that.

So if your account was compromised, then you could still recover with DOB. Unless they called PSN and pretended to be you and got it changed, not sure if that's even possible though.

OP please log in to your email, any bank account or website that may have any of your payment info saved and enable two factor authentication for fucks sake.

Thanks man

Did you know you've also been locked out of your online banking?

PM me user and pass and I'll try

Last edited:
Top Bottom