• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cant install RDR2 on PS4

So, i've tried to reinstall my RDR2 copy (physical CD) and it seems to have a bug going into the 2nd disk, it stops at around 22GB, i've looked everywhere for a fix for this, and cant seem to find anything yet, and this seems to be a "common" problem.

So the game is installing and then tells me 99+ hours left and thats it, nothing happens, no errors, just crazy disk reading sounds.

Have tried removing the disk right before the error, as I've seen thats a possible fix, but still cant install it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

wvnative

Either the disc is damaged or there's a weird HDD issue like not enough space (you need like a lot more than what the game calls for for reserve space)

Or... the disc drive is shot. My installs took forever when my PS4 pro's blu-ray drive began crapping out

mcz117chief

Seems the easiest "fix" is to buy a digital copy if you don't mind paying again, other than that probably taking your console to a service shop to have the disc player checked or if the disc is faulty then you could also got a shop and have it cleaned on a machine.

V4skunk

Banned
RDR2 is like 90gb.
And you'll probably need 180gb free to actually download the game and do the install.

Aenima

RDR2 is like 90gb.
And you'll probably need 180gb free to actually download the game and do the install.
Its a phisical game, dont need double the space to download since it dosent download. Need some extra spece, but not double like usually digital games need on ps4.

I have no idea what this isuue is, just make sure ther enough HDD space left. RDR2 is huge in file size plus need some extra GB free or it will stop the instalation.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Its a phisical game, dont need double the space to download since it dosent download. Need some extra spece, but not double like usually digital games need on ps4.

I have no idea what this isuue is, just make sure ther enough HDD space left. RDR2 is huge in file size plus need some extra GB free or it will stop the instalation.
Don't be so sure. Some games patches are huge downloads. I have the disc version of RDR2 and had multiple 50+gb patches on ps4. I had to delete things just to download the patch...

N30RYU

Don't be so sure. Some games patches are huge downloads. I have the disc version of RDR2 and had multiple 50+gb patches on ps4. I had to delete things just to download the patch...
or it may just copy the discs and then install it...

Try just leave it installing overnight... and if it doesn't progress lend the game to a friend so he can try to install it on his console to see if it's the disc or your PS4

Last edited:
Top Bottom