• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Buy our latest test game - Biohazard ~Dark Side Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
schuelma said:
The timing is right for something of consequence- RE4 was almost two years ago, so if they based their decision on the overwhelming success of RE4, then something good should be coming.

Given how much sense that makes, its probably RE1-Zero localized. :lol
You should believe. The conference embargo is up soon.

CTLance

Haunted said:
Well, whatever it is, I just hope they put as much thought, effort, and time into it as they put into their other AAA titles.

That's all I'm asking.
Nicely put.

I'm thinking it's going to be UC2, and I'm predicting that they'll somehow screw up so that I won't like it. But whatevs. We shall see.

beje

Banned
I doubt it has something to do with localization of RE0 and RE1, as "Resident Evil fans" already got both of them like 6 or 7 years ago.

If that's it, Capcom can officially go choke on a cheesy dick.

Redd

I want either a Resident Evil side story like Code Veronica or a Resident Evil 2 Remake. No rails though Capcom.

jeremy1456

beje said:
I doubt it has something to do with localization of RE0 and RE1, as "Resident Evil fans" already got both of them like 6 or 7 years ago.

If that's it, Capcom can officially go choke on a cheesy dick.

I would laugh so hard if it was a port of the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 2 and 3.

Capcom: "Suck down our waggle juice, bitches"

"It puts the waggle in the game or it gets ported again"

Ooh. 1 more. Umbrella Chronicles Remake in the RE4 engine, with RE4 controls, and added content. The downside is that co-op goes out the window unless splitscreen or network play is implemented.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
For the great melt downs it would cause on the board, my vote goes for Resident Evil II Remake Exclusive to the Wii....

Davey Cakes

bmf said:
Ooh. 1 more. Umbrella Chronicles Remake in the RE4 engine, with RE4 controls, and added content. The downside is that co-op goes out the window unless splitscreen or network play is implemented.
Considering that most people thought UC would be kind of like "RE0, RE1, and RE3 all abridged with the RE4 engine" at first, this wouldn't be a bad idea, honestly. I'd support something along those lines.

jeremy1456

Rash said:
Considering that most people thought UC would be kind of like "RE0, RE1, and RE3 all abridged with the RE4 engine" at first, this wouldn't be a bad idea, honestly. I'd support something along those lines.

I believe the director of the game even stated that this was how the game was originally imagined - RE4 style.

[Nintex]

Rash said:
It started like that, but during development they thought an on-rail shooter would be better. That's why the game has third person melee attacks and other action sequences, because they already had the models.

Lightning

Banned
I honestly don't know why anyone wants a RE2 remake. Great game in it's time but to want it over a new RE experience is insane imo. There are so many remakes/ports on the Wii it's not even funny anymore.

Give me a new RE game that is NOT on rails and I will be happy.

Haunted

Lightning said:
I honestly don't know why anyone wants a RE2 remake. Great game in it's time but to want it over a new RE experience is insane imo.
Tell that to those FFVII remake people!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Please, Capcom, be smart and original.

Do something that will have people who don't like RE/horror games tempted to buy your game. Resident Evil has never appealed to me, but Capcom is a competent developer, a clever publisher, and it's already proven that it can successfully alter the fundamentals of its franchises, including RE.

Do it. Reinvent RE.

jeremy1456

Lightning said:
I honestly don't know why anyone wants a RE2 remake. Great game in it's time but to want it over a new RE experience is insane imo. There are so many remakes/ports on the Wii it's not even funny anymore.

RE2 is a good game, and a REmake would be legendary.

If Capcom were to make a new Resident Evil game for the Wii exclusively it would probably be RE4 style. That was fine for it's time but now it's apparent that Capcom will never make an original old style Resident Evil game again.

Those of us that prefer the old style would much rather have a remake of arguably the best survival horror game of all time than another RE4 style game so soon after 5.

I love me some Code Veronica, but I wouldn't know what to think about that kind of announcement.

Edit: Oh shit, CV wasn't featured in Umbrella Chronicles, was it? UC2 fo sho?

Redd

Lightning said:

If it's anything like REmake it will basically be a new game, that's why so many won't be upset if it's a remake.

Haunted said:
Holy fucking shit, I thought of three different jokes approaches to this and all of them had been mentioned by post 7. That's embarrassing.
Raw64life said:
Resident Evil 5: Chop Till You Drop
Spiegel said:
Umbrella Chronicles 2
Stitch said:
Resident Evil 0 Wii
Remove RE5 Wii edition, and add to that "Resident Evil : The Movie : The Game", and those were pretty much the first options that came to mind.
Guess it could also be an original, traditional RE game...by the same team that brought us RE4 Wii and Dead Rising Wii. Advent of the Wii-Port-A-Thon team, anyone :lol ?
Anyway, looks like we will find out soon enough, so I'll certainly be watching this reveal closely, though ovbiously with expectations in check.

Haunted

Game Focus: One of the staff here loves Code Veronica (Fale) and was wondering if we would see a XBLA or PSN release of this game.

Matt Dahlgren: Nothing is planned for the game regarding a remake on PSN/XBLA, but what I can say is if you are a fan of Code Veronica you should pay attention in the next couple of weeks there is some news you should be very pleased with. Tell him to pay attention on the 12th (March).
wat

Davey Cakes

[Nintex] said:
It started like that, but during development they thought an on-rail shooter would be better. That's why the game has third person melee attacks and other action sequences, because they already had the models.
I have UC, and as an RE fan, it's an enjoyable game, but I haven't gotten far in it at all. Can't play for extended periods of time. The whole "rail shooter" thing just doesn't appeal to me as much as the RE4 engine. If the game was done how it was originally supposed to be, no doubt that I probably would've beaten it and collected everything by now.

There isn't anything wrong with the rail-shooter genre. But really, it should stay with games like Ghost Squad and House of the Dead. Did it work for Resident Evil? Sure. But as a fan I just don't find it as compelling of a formula.

yurinka

I think it's the Nintendo 64 version of RE2 for the virtual console, or the Resident Evil 0 port being released outside Japan.

Alcibiades

I can tell you this, if it's not RE5 or RE6, expect a budget production from B or C-team. As good as Umbrella Chronicles can be to some people, it's no RE4.

I don’t think Resident Evil 5 would transition well onto the Wii. This is our first time moving the franchise onto next generation consoles so this is our Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 debut and a lot of the focus with the developers was pushing that hardware as far as they could possibly take it. Some of our main points in the game are online co-op, absolutely amazing graphics, and the capabilities of the AI and the sheer number of enemies that can be on the screen at the same time. I don’t know if that would be the right fit to bring back over to the Wii. It made a lot of sense for Resident Evil 4 from the Gamecube to the Wii at that point, but right now we are really focusing on the Xbox 360 and PS3 experience.

With that said though we really cherish our fans on the Wii and Capcom supports the Wii and definitely wants to make sure that we are not alienating our fans of the Resident Evil franchise that own Wii’s so I would say to those users that they should pay attention to the near future and there should be some announcements coming their way in the near future that they should be pleased with.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=article&did=391

I don't get the idea from Capcom that RE5 can't be on Wii. The ONLY reason to not want to put it on Wii is so they can go cheap with whatever they put on Wii.

Edit: THIS IS SOME SERIOUS BS.

They have already begun alienating their Wii fans by not having RE5 on the system, when there is no doubt it could absolutely be done on Wii with some graphical loss.

The two paragraphs just don't fit together. If Capcom really cared, RE5 would be their #1 priority. Aftering owning RE4: Wii Edition, I'm ready for the sequel in the series, not yet another sidegame. Sidegames are fine, just make sure we are also getting that mainline series that the sidegames are complementing.

Desserts are fine, but only after getting the main course.

Lightning

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
RE2 is a good game, and a REmake would be legendary.

If Capcom were to make a new Resident Evil game for the Wii exclusively it would probably be RE4 style. That was fine for it's time but now it's apparent that Capcom will never make an original old style Resident Evil game again.

Those of us that prefer the old style would much rather have a remake of arguably the best survival horror game of all time than another RE4 style game so soon after 5.
If Capcom put the effort in that they put in with REmake then yes it would be a good game. But would it be better than a new experience with the same effort and RE4 controls? I don't think so since it will still be just RE2 with new added scenes, updated graphics and just more features. However, in the end it will still just be RE2 no matter how many coats of paint one puts on it.

Haunted

If it's indeed CV-related like Dahlgren has hinted at, I want to see cvxfreak in here ASAP. :lol

Y2Kev said:
Ughh, next to 0, CV is the worst RE.
You shut your mouth, I loved CV. :mad:

Lightning said:
I honestly don't know why anyone wants a RE2 remake.
Have you ever played REmake? That's why. Imo RE2 and Remake are hands down the best games in the franchise. REmake 2 has the potential to be the best of all worlds.

PusherT

The way Capcom handled it Resident Evil wii fanbase I am sure it is some stupid GC port of RE ). Capcom knows that 1.5 million+ wii owners who bought RE4 want RE5 wii edition but nope that won't happen. For petes sake RE:UC wasn't even made by Capcom it was by Cavia and it was mediocre and it also sold a million plus copies.

jeremy1456

Lightning said:
If Capcom put the effort in that they put in with REmake then yes it would be a good game. But would it be better than a new experience with the same effort and RE4 controls? I don't think so since it will still be just RE2 with new added scenes, updated graphics and just more features. However, in the end it will still just be RE2 no matter how many coats of paint one puts on it.

If they made a classic style Resident Evil game with as much work as they put into REmake then yes, I would prefer that.

An RE4 type RE game? I'd probably still buy it, but I'd be bummed about it.

RE2 REmake seems to be our best chance at classic style Resident Evil. Like I said, I'd still buy it if they RE4-ified it, but I would definitely prefer it the other way.

Davey Cakes

Y2Kev said:
Is that really saying much? All of the RE games are fun stuff.

I'm currently working on CV, and it's fun. For some reason I almost feel like I won't enjoy it as much as Zero. That said, it didn't lose too much of the atmosphere, given the 3D environments, though it does feel like something is "missing" from it.

Still good, though, and tense at times.

beje

Banned
Y2Kev said:
NO U
A game with 3 fake endings can only be considered awesome. It's by far the best classic RE for storyline, lenght, actually scary sections and dificulty level

It's going to be a Resident Evil Versus fighting game. Leon vs Chris, Wesker vs Chris, etc. You want a new ip? You got it! :lol

Haunted

Mistouze said:
Might be something Code Veronica according to an inerview of Capcom marketting dude Matt Dahlgren in an interview to GameFocus

Source
holy shit!

realraptor said:
It's going to be a versus fighting game. Leon vs Chris, Wesker vs Chris, etc. You want a new ip? You got it! :lol
Worked so well for Castlevania Judgement. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom