• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Classic Collection PSP - Pictures and Boxart

Awesome boxart!
35877%5B1%5D.jpg
35877_2%5B1%5D.jpg

35877_3%5B1%5D.jpg
35877_4%5B1%5D.jpg

35877_5%5B1%5D.jpg
35877_6%5B1%5D.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
reallyfun said:
so how do you control the games that go vertical?? would they map the fire buttons on the analog nub??
The way you end up holding it, d-pad and nub are at the bottom, face buttons are at the top. You'll end up using the face buttons still fro fire, or the R button. Movement is still mapped to d-pad or nub. It works well for shooters.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The fluck?! Where's Armored Warriors, Ghouls and Ghosts, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Cybots...?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Doom_Bringer said:
whats the name of the world war ii shooting game? I remember having tons of fun with on NES back in the day

1942?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
reallyfun said:
actually its 1943 :)

1943 is the game after 1942

Don't know which one is on the capcom pack.. could even be battle for midway or 1941..all 4 looked about the same

reallyfun said:
actually its 1943 :)

Looks like there was a "1941" as well.

Included games are: Side Arms, 1941, Legendary Wings, Forgotton World, Black Tiger, Strider, Final Fight, Bionic Commando, 3 Wonders, Avengers, Block Block, Captain Commando, Last Duel, Mega Twins, Varth, Magic Sword, Street Fighter (SF1), Section Z, Quiz and Dragons, and The Speed Rumbler.

http://psp.ign.com/objects/773/773318.html

Blackace said:
it is the year the US fully entered the war..

hey I have studied the subject pretty well and seen may documentaries I didn't say the year for forgettable.

DaCocoBrova

It's amazing how good Capcom's pixel artists were back then...

3won0000.png

DaCocoBrova said:
It's amazing how good Capcom's pixel artists were back then...

Capcom has always been great at graphics. Using pre rendered backdrops to get around PSOne's limitations, putting RE2 on N64, Resident Evil 4 on GC/PS2, Lost Planet etc...Capcom rocks!!

^that picture looks awesome

meppi

Ah, this tread reminded me Capcom Classics Collection 2 is coming to the PS2 in a couple of months. :)

Avengers
Black Tiger
Block Block
Captain Commando
Eco Fighters
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons
Last Duel
Mega Twins
Magic Sword
Quiz and Dragons
Side Arms
The Speed Rumbler
Street Fighter
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Strider, Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Varth

Finally 1941 on a home console! Woohoo.
besides the SuperGrafx
And Varth too! :D

Just pre-ordered it.

MoxManiac

Doom_Bringer said:
is it a port of the PS2 version?? The PS2 collection was packed with 22 games :O

Nope. I don't have the list handy, but it's a different set of games than both PS2 collections.

meppi

Blackace said:
Don't know which one is on the capcom pack.. could even be battle for midway or 1941..all 4 looked about the same

Not really.
1941 looks like this:
1941003.gif

It was released in 1990 as opposed to the 1942 and 1943 games which came a couple years before it. 1984 and 1987 to be exact.

meppi said:
Not really.
1941 looks like this:
1941003.gif

It was released in 1990 as opposed to the 1942 and 1943 games which came a couple years before it. 1984 and 1987 to be exact.

WOah that looks good!! What system?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
you just know the American pack will have a silver ring and a picture of Arthur and Ryu in a boring art style.

Ah well, nice collection.

meppi

Doom_Bringer said:

That's the problem. It's an arcade game that was only ported to the Japanese SuperGrafx. The failed follow up to the PCE.

Luckily the game will be part of the Capcom Classics Collection 2 for the PS2 and Xbox or Xbox360. (not sure about that)

Varth is also on that compilation btw:
vart0096.png

Doom_Bringer said:
1941 is already on the PSP Capcom Collection One.

My understanding from looking at the lists is that most of PSP Capcom Collection 2 is stuff from the first PS2 one, and vice versa for PS2/Xbox Capcom Collection 2, with a few new games like King of Dragons and Knights of the Round.

GitarooMan said:
1941 is already on the PSP Capcom Collection One.

My understanding from looking at the lists is that most of PSP Capcom Collection 2 is stuff from the first PS2 one, and vice versa for PS2/Xbox Capcom Collection 2, with a few new games like King of Dragons and Knights of the Round.

does the psp version look that good?? Sounds another psp title to pick up

Doom_Bringer said:
does the psp version look that good?? Sounds another psp title to pick up
Well I'm a huge 19XX series fan so I'd say yeah, it looks good. The first PSP Capcom Collection is great stuff, if you're a fan of older arcade stuff it's fantastic, stuff like 1941, Varth, Magic Sword, Three Wonders, Captain Commando, Strider etc..are great. I think the price is at least down to 29 now.

It's funny that the Japanese are getting our PSP Capcom Classics Collection Remixed v2 as their Capcom Classics Collection v1 (or the other way around). The Japanese management really doesn't give a shit about - and doesn't care to risk ANY release on - Black Tiger, Magic Sword, Varth, Three Wonders, 1941, Captain Commando, etc. CCCR v2 is the games released on the Capcom Generations packs for Saturn and PSX, rereleased yet again.

The first CCCR for PSP is a f'n excellent package and you should all own it now that it's $30.

GitarooMan said:
Well I'm a huge 19XX series fan so I'd say yeah, it looks good. The first PSP Capcom Collection is great stuff, if you're a fan of older arcade stuff it's fantastic, stuff like 1941, Varth, Magic Sword, Three Wonders, Captain Commando, Strider etc..are great. I think the price is at least down to 29 now.

my god these games look awesome!! Pics for n00bs
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103757486.jpg
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103754971.jpg

capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103748049.jpg
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103800439.jpg

get!

h0l211

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is a license (based on a comic), so unfortunately, much like the D&D games, they won't be popping up on a compilation unless Capcom relicenses (unlikely!)

DaCocoBrova

Doom_Bringer said:
my god these games look awesome!! Pics for n00bs
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103757486.jpg
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103754971.jpg

capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103748049.jpg
capcom-classics-collection-remixed-20060317103800439.jpg

get!

You're a little LTTP? Where were you when these were in the arcades? I know you're young re: your response to my 'Capcom has the best pixel artists' comment since you listed nothing but PS1 onward games to back up that claim.

Capcom collections is one of the best PSP games out!

meppi

Link1110 said:
Is Knights of the Round going to be on Classics Collection 2 for ps2?
meppi said:
Avengers
Black Tiger
Block Block
Captain Commando
Eco Fighters
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons
Last Duel
Mega Twins
Magic Sword
Quiz and Dragons
Side Arms
The Speed Rumbler
Street Fighter
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Strider, Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Varth

Yes. :)

DaCocoBrova said:
You're a little LTTP? Where were you when these were in the arcades? I know you're young re: your response to my 'Capcom has the best pixel artists' comment since you listed nothing but PS1 onward games to back up that claim.

Capcom collections is one of the best PSP games out!

I was in India actually and gaming is really behind there. In the mid 90's NES was really popular there...Nintendo introduced it with another name though, called "Samurai," and the market was full of pirated carts with multiple games :lol

so yeah for me the cycle was NES in early and mid 90’s > Playstation in 1998 > Playstation 2 in 2001....

btw there were custom arcade machines in India that played NES games.

DaCocoBrova

Doom_Bringer said:
I was in India actually and gaming is really behind there. In the mid 90's NES was really popular there...Nintendo introduced it with another name though, called "Samurai," and the market was full of pirated carts with multiple games :lol

so yeah for me the cycle was NES in early and mid 90’s > Playstation in 1998 > Playstation 2 in 2001....

btw there were custom arcade machines in India that played NES games.

Wow. Didn't know that... You're lucky that you get to play these all for the first time.

Top Bottom