• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

Sesha

I'l buy RE4 on Switch if they make one but I already own, well... let me see: the GC version, the one on Wii, and then the same Wii version on Wii U, so I'll just wait until it's really cheap this time.

Instead of new releases of old games though, I hope they will make Switch versions of some new major titles. MH World would be nice. I'm not buying that on any of the platforms it was announced for so that would actually be a guaranteed purchase for me.
Which other games does Capcom currently have? Have no idea tbh.

At this point, none. Well Resident Evil 2 REmake is in production, but no other current projects that are known I believe. And the Mega Man and Disney collections.

Upcoming Capcom titles:

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo
Disney Afternoon Collection
Dragon's Dogma (PS4/X1)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter XX Switch Version
Resident Evil Revelations (PS4/X1)

Titles with no more info other than "it's in development" (that we know of):

Itsuno's project that'll be revealed this year
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Rumors:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (that isn't the same as the other title with the same name)

iMerc

I wonder if Capcom's regretting not including Switch in their MVC plans now? I bet UMVC3 Switch would've sold just as well at launch.

i doubt it. capcom, like the majority of 3rd parties out there are more than likely in denial about the switch, and the more successful it gets (if it continues to become more successful) will likely just irritate them.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Except in Japan for Disgaea but that still did bad at launch anyway.

disgaea was in japan

well there is not much to say about future capcom support.

we know they will shit out some half assed port of a last gen game and if it bombs they will cease any support. oh and monster hunter 5 port from 3DS i guess.

Exactly
And in Japan didn't sell well
So badiclying a solid counter argument

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Upcoming Capcom titles:

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo
Disney Afternoon Collection
Dragon's Dogma (PS4/X1)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter XX Switch Version
Resident Evil Revelations (PS4/X1)

Titles with no more info other than "it's in development" (that we know of):

Itsuno's project that'll be revealed this year
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Rumors:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (that isn't the same as the other title with the same name)

Marvel
MHXX for West next year
Resident

Could come to Switch without great issues imho

Fiendcode

Ports/Remasters that are ripe for Switch conversions. All have HD assets available, most run on Switch compliant multiplatform middleware and I think any would be viable releases with the proper pricing or bundling.

Resident Evil HD
Resident Evil 0 HD
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy HD
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Mega Man Legacy Collection

The Disney Afternoon Collection

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition

Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Okami HD

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Aostia you must be happy seeing third party support.

I will when I see it
So far...
Even these declarations show how right I was is saying that the situation was terribad
I mean they are now starting to prepare games
I would derby when these games will start to arrive in my Switch. .

Kyoufu

i doubt it. capcom, like the majority of 3rd parties out there are more than likely in denial about the switch, and the more successful it gets (if it continues to become more successful) will likely just irritate them.

This is hilarious. No developer is in denial about anything and platforms succeeding is better for their business. Why the fuck would they be irritated lmao.

edit: oops, double post

PetrCobra

I thought only the right joycon has that.

Both left and right do. It's actually an improvement because what was in the nunchak back in the day was super unreliable. I remember that they mapped some moves to it in Okami and I could only do those randomly. Passing the test for those moves was super hard just because the nunchak wasn't reading the motions correctly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No, the right joycon has the IR camera but both have full motion control.
Both left and right do. It's actually an improvement because what was in the nunchak back in the day was super unreliable. I remember that they mapped some moves to it in Okami and I could only do those randomly. Passing the test for those moves was super hard just because the nunchak wasn't reading the motions correctly.

Huh, didn't realize both have that.

No idea what to expect, but damn would I be thrilled to get Okami HD. One of my all-time favourite games and it's been a while since I've played it (Wii). A guy can dream, no?

Obviously, original titles would be best, though.

Sadist

I'd totally buy a packaged version of Dead Rising as well. I still need to buy the Steam version but I don't have the time. It would be great to revisit Willamette Mall* on a portable.

* Meaning no zombie poodles and parrots throwing grenades

deadfolk

I gotta be honest, I don't think SF should've sold nearly that much. My opinion and I think that was a shit litmus test, but hey people bought it so if we get more stuff we get more stuff. Thanks to everyone who bought it to help the rest of us out though.

Agreed. It was way, way overpriced. I only got it because I got a good deal from a fellow gaffer. No way I would have paid full price for it.

Edit: Sorry for DP

Lizardus

So now that it's confirmed that we Nintendo fanboys are so rich that we don't mind throwing money away on all and any game that's out on the system, which game are we propping up next? I think Mario + Rabbids looks pretty good.

Zedark

So now that it's confirmed that we Nintendo fanboys are so rich that we don't mind throwing money away on all and any game that's out on the system, which game are we propping up next? I think Mario + Rabbids looks pretty good.
I am getting it, it looks great! Please prop up Skyrim as well, would love to play the next Bethesda game on Switch!

Wonder if they'll include USFII the final challengers in the collection and have it skip Switch.
Feels like something they're probably going to do

A lot of these publishers seem to want Switch owners to double dip instead of trying to have parity in their launch which is a bit of a bummer.
Even DQXI isn't coming till much later. KH3 would be put under consideration only after it's done on XBOX and PS4.
Probably the best way to get the most out of your money but also not a good way to build an audience on said platform.

Neiteio

I'll rebuy every numbered mainline Resident Evil title and Revelations title they port to Switch. So RE Origins, RE4 HD, RE5 Gold, RE6, RER HD, RER2.

And if possible, I'd love to replay REVII for a fourth time, on Switch. Beat it three times, back to back, on PS4 Pro.

If they can work out gyro aiming, the HD remasters of Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles would also be great. Built-in co-op -- just hand a joycon to a friend!

nekomix

So the new Street Fighter Collection rumored is not coming to Switch ? Classic Capcom if so, that's Mass Effect Collection level of betrayal but this time, they had time to rip nearly 500k customers 😁

I'll rebuy every numbered mainline Resident Evil title and Revelations title they port to Switch. So RE Origins, RE4 HD, RE5 Gold, RE6, RER HD, RER2.

And if possible, I'd love to replay REVII for a fourth time, on Switch. Beat it three times, back to back, on PS4 Pro.

If they can work out gyro aiming, the HD remasters of Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles would also be great. Built-in co-op -- just hand a joycon to a friend!
U n mii both

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This is hilarious. No developer is in denial about anything and platforms succeeding is better for their business. Why the fuck would they be irritated lmao.

edit: oops, double post
Tbf, devs or rather publishers were pretty irritated with the wii, can't see that too much with the switch however

Yes, they are probably going to port Residen Evil games the Megaman Legacy Collection and the disney afternoon collection, I dont think they are going doing anything unique for the Switch.

Neiteio

Bring over the greatest shooter/brawler trilogy of all time:

re456_-_combo_art_145gbuhs.jpg

M3d10n

Capcom is in the position they are now due to their blatant lack of respect for their consumers. A business' purpose is to generate profit, yes, but most successful companies at least manage to put on a believable act to keep their consumers faithful.

Capcom simply doesn't.

Capcom is outrageously transparent when they are making half-hearted efforts and money-driven decisions. The results of their board meetings shows up far too clearly in their games and over time consumers pick up on that pattern and start avoiding their games.

Would love some relatively low effort projects of Megaman Legacy Collection 1 and 2, Disney Afternoon Collection, Monster Hunter XX English localization, and potentially a Ultra Street Fighter 4 switch port.

Not expecting the world like day and day switch versions of Capcom AAA stuff, but there's a huge market for capcoms legacy software re releases and maybe some more Japanese market focused stuff.

jmizzal

The games I think will come are
RE2:remake
Resident Evil Revelations 1&2 - Part 1 was on WiiU
RE7 - Definite edition

The Next MH game - The rumor that was right about MHXX and MH Worlds said it was coming

Some kinda Ace Attorney game

Disney Collection and Mega Man collection - Dont know why those were not already coming to Switch anyways

Top Bottom