• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

RE6 Mercenaries No Mercy, on the go, would be SO GOOD

I was obsessed with high scores earlier this year
A Mercenaries title makes the most sense for Capcom to develop a moderate budget, but easily marketable, exclusive Switch title that isn't MH.

It's the only title I expect from them that isn't a port (they would probably port it to other systems after) or MH if they plan to continue the series on the system.

Porting RE 4-6 might take the wind out of a Mercenaries release though.

Akiller

Bring over the greatest shooter/brawler trilogy of all time:

re456_-_combo_art_145gbuhs.jpg
Tbh i wouldn't expect anything else , at best they'll port those + RE7.

L Thammy

Imagine if first contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence was from them playing Resident Evil 4, which Capcom has ported to a space probe.

Neiteio

"RE4 on the go" is a pitch that sells itself SO EASILY... Surely the suits at Capcom realize this. Doubly so, when the Nintendo core fondly remember RE4 from the GCN, where it started, and would gladly revisit it in HD.

Granted, I'm one of those people, and I own RE4 on GCN, Wii, PC, PS3, and PS4. But I'll gladly buy it a sixth time on Switch! It'll be the first copy of the game I have that I can play anywhere at anytime!

And then, Capcom should bring over the sequels: RE5, one of the best co-op shooters ever, and RE6, which was criminally misunderstood at launch due to its middling campaign, but has the best combat and mobility mechanics of any TPS ever, something that truly shines in Mercenaries.

I think Revelations HD and the (surprisingly heartfelt, disarmingly sweet) Revelations 2 would also do extremely well on Switch, since their episodic campaigns and super-addictive Raid Modes are perfectly suited to the Switch's "anywhere, anytime" model.

Resident Evil is my favorite series, pound per pound, and action RE is my favorite flavor. Gotta have 'em all on my Switch!

Neiteio

A Mercenaries title makes the most sense for Capcom to develop a moderate budget, but easily marketable, exclusive Switch title that isn't MH.

It's the only title I expect from them that isn't a port (they would probably port it to other systems after) or MH if they plan to continue the series on the system.

Porting RE 4-6 might take the wind out of a Mercenaries release though.
A dedicated Mercenaries + Raid spinoff would be the DREAM. With characters and settings and scenarios from all of the games!

Base the mechanics on RE6, though. That game elevated the action shooter/brawler to new heights of greatness.

Imagine if first contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence was from them playing Resident Evil 4, which Capcom has ported to a space probe.
ALIENS: "We were gonna destroy those guys and harvest their bio-fluids, but y'know what, this RE4 shit is pretty good. Maybe we should call our stealth agent, Donald Trump, back to our home planet?"

Neiteio

After Capcom ports over the entire Resident Evil series, I want Sakurai to start adding RE characters to Smash. I trust he can find a creative solution to the "no realistic guns" rule and add characters like Jill (in RE1 uniform, with RE3 and RER alts), and stages like Spencer Estate.

Resident Evil/Biohazard is like one of the few remaining JAPANESE TITANS not yet represented in Smash.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
After Capcom ports over the entire Resident Evil series, I want Sakurai to start adding RE characters to Smash. I trust he can find a creative solution to the "no realistic guns" rule and add characters like Jill (in RE1 uniform, with RE3 and RER alts), and stages like Spencer Estate.

Knifes?

LaNaranja

Fuck that, put it on Xbox and PC and make it cross play to ensure there is always a healthy community. Throw it on PS4 too even if Sony still needs to protect the children.

Neiteio

I was thinking more along the lines of RE characters in Smash using stun batons for melee, grenade launchers with interchangeable rounds (concussive, flame, nitrogen, acid), and BOW-themed specials like a murder of crow sweeping your character into the sky (up special), a Hunter leaping forward to slash at your opponents, etc.

It'd be similar to Duck Hunt and how they react in fear to the crosshairs but the crosshairs hit their opponent instead. In this case, Jill would duck or dodge out of the way of the incoming monster, who'd hit the opponent instead. :)

Also, Ada would make a cool character with her acrobatic moves and her fancy crossbow. Here are a couple screens I took in RE6:

30261297802_f0aca20ebb_o.png

30377803625_1c4fe812e9_o.png

L Thammy

There are guns in Resident Evil? I thought the Smash version should just knife people in the face and then suplex them.

Oregano

You're absolutely dreaming if you think Capcom are going to port RE4,5 and 6 to Switch. Nevermind RE7 or stuff like the upcoming RE2 Remake.

+1 for Ada.

You're absolutely dreaming if you think Capcom are going to port RE4,5 and 6 to Switch. Nevermind RE7 or stuff like the upcoming RE2 Remake.

Why? RE4 was even on Wii U. Porting 7 and Remake 2 could happen, even if they have to make sacrifices to make it run. Wouldn't be the first time they did this. See Dead Rising on Wii.

Neiteio

For $60 a piece, because third parties and especially Capcom think that Nintendo fans are morons who don't own or pay attention to other platforms.
I don't think even Capcom is that brazen. Those games were $20 apiece on PS4...

I think it'd be cool if they put all three together in one $60 collection, though.

Call it Resident Evil: The WAR ON TERROR Collection.

With nightmare fuel like this:

30377807355_095b8b7ebe_o.png

And waifus like this:

30377801205_8717e2b037_o.png

30377802665_095af45333_o.png

RE6 is seriously such an amazing-looking game. Gorgeous characters, absolutely inspired monsters.

Oregano

and why is that? its not like they havent ported those games to every platform possible already.

4 has been ported a bunch(but Wii is the last time a Nintendo platform got a port) but 5 and 6 have only been ported to PS4/XBO(/PC).

That and we're talking about the company whose big Switch games are Street Fighter 2 and an up-port of a 3DS game.

4 has been ported a bunch(but Wii is the last time a Nintendo platform got a port) but 5 and 6 have only been ported to PS4/XBO(/PC).

That and we're talking about the company whose big Switch games are Street Fighter 2 and an up-port of a 3DS game.
so pretty much every platform.

also that upport of a 3DS game is also their biggest franchise. also this thread is about capcom saying themselves that they want to expand support on switch. what other big franchises does capcom have outside of monster hunter and street fighter..? yup its resident evil

could be dmc i guess .. lol

Neiteio

RE in a nutshell indeed.
Resident Evil is like a wonderful soap opera.

You have these gorgeous, kindhearted, loveably dumb characters... And the conspiracy-laden spy-fi intrigue... And then the cool/creepy creatures that make for guilt-free cannon fodder since they're mindless monsters.

All of that, wrapped around top-notch combat and mobility mechanics, satisfying feedback, and a fine balance of survival — resource management in the old-school games, and crowd management in the action games. It's so good!

Oregano

so pretty much every platform.

also that upport of a 3DS game is also their biggest franchise. also this thread is about capcom saying themselves that they want to expand support on switch. what other big franchises does capcom have outside of monster hunter and street fighter..? yup its resident evil

They never said anything about putting their big franchises on Switch. Porting the Megaman & Disney collections would fit what they say perfectly.

They never said anything about putting their big franchises on Switch. Porting the Megaman & Disney collections would fit what they say perfectly.
and nobody is claiming to have the definitive insider knowledge. its a thread about a statement and the speculation following that nothing more. its not like you have any definitive proof that RE 4,5,6 is not comming. also if it is comming why are you so up and arms about it, those are ancient titles at this point.
MH is more likely than Resident Evil but when they're talking about more Switch games they likely mean more overpriced garbage like USF2.

dmc it is then

LordKano

They specifically said they're porting RE Engine and looking at including Switch in multiplatform developments. The ultra pessimism is starting to be quite annoying.

jmizzal

Wii got a ton of RE games only reason 5 and 6 didnt come was cuz they could not run on it, WiiU didnt get RE4 cuz nobody brought a WiiU and Capcom didnt even bother.

You cant compare based what WiiU got, base it on what Capcom has done in the pass on systems that sold

I hope if 7 makes the Switch, it has gyro aiming as an option, like Revelations on 3DS.

Otherwise I'll pick it up on PC at some point.

Wii got a ton of RE games only reason 5 and 6 didnt come was cuz they could not run on it, WiiU didnt get RE4 cuz nobody brought a WiiU and Capcom didnt even bother.

You cant compare based what WiiU got, base it on what Capcom has done in the pass on systems that sold
Yeh it did.

Neiteio

No Resident Evil 7? Boooo....
I love REVII (note that I even love it enough to abbreviate it the correct way!), and I beat it three times back to back when it came out: First on Normal, then on Madhouse, then on Easy using unlocks for a speed run.

Heck, I love REVII so much that I even bought it for a friend here at full price.

But nothing tops action RE for me. And they're the easiest to port. And they have waifus AND husbandos, which as we saw with Fire Emblem, ensures they'll sell!

30272350285_f4eefc2980_o.png

30180921442_a6ec4e70a1_o.png

30261358842_791037c5bd_o.png

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Based on the previous behaviour, after the success of DSC for full price, Wii got TUC for full price. So, after the success of SFU2, Switch will get SFIII: 3rd SOE for $40 in 2018, while the Street Fighter Collection will release in the upcoming months, including USFII, SFIII and Alpha 1,2 and 3, for every other systems. Yep, seems to fit in.

Neiteio

The Wii couldn't run RE5 and RE6, but the Switch easily could. I'm wondering if they could run them comparable to the PS4 remasters, though. Hopefully the Switch would be able to handle the increased enemy count of No Mercy mode in Mercs. Either way, the games are fantastic and would be amazing to have on the go.

Also, I'm not certain, but I think you might be able to play RE5 co-op with single joycons, if you use the classic RE4 controls. If they could work out such a control scheme, out-of-the-box co-op would be possible.

Oregano

and nobody is claiming to have the definitive insider knowledge. its a thread about a statement and the speculation following that nothing more. its not like you have any definitive proof that RE 4,5,6 is not comming. also if it is comming why are you so up and arms about it, those are ancient titles at this point.

dmc it is then

Nah, Ace Attorney is probably the most prominent Capcom series to arrive on Switch in the near term.

They specifically said they're porting RE Engine and looking at including Switch in multiplatform developments. The ultra pessimism is starting to be quite annoying.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. Capcom has announced several MT Frameworks games/ports since Switch released and they're all skipping the system despite Capcom saying how easy it was to get the engine running on Switch.

Capcom needs to show receipts before we start expecting anything serious from them.

Resi 6 skipped Wii U despite the fact that it was in production before it was obvious Wii U was going to completely fall flat.

Top Bottom