• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom registers Devil May Cry trademark

Silky

Banned

tumblr_m2ce6pyX521rrqomso1_500.gif

ilLZtGPKyYamv.gif

i9WQT4wWThxAM.gif

Don't see the 'RE6 has bad gameplay' complaints

TreIII

I would like to think the DMC-flavored DLC for Sengoku BASARA 4 was a hint that KobaP is interested in bringing back the "original" version of the franchise. And since the DMC and SB franchises' fanbases often intersect (at least in Japan), it made sense to drum up support.

Again, if Itsuno is not available for whatever reason, NeoG could probably handle directorial duties himself. He already knows what makes a good DMC/fighting game engine...

DVCY201

i don't follow the series too closely these days. but wasn't DmC essentially DMC5? i was under the impression the series was rebooted

We were being told it was a prequel initially. Then it was reboot. Then it was an alternate universe. Then it was "we'll see where it goes".

A very tumultuous time for anyone trying to figure out what the game actually was.

Dahbomb

I somehow doubt Sengoku Basara is a better game than DmC, but I wouldn't really know I guess.
It's not... the lower bracket of games is kinda suspect.

If that's in order then MGR should be much higher especially a tier above Shinobi at the least. Basara shouldn't be on the list, replace with DmC.

If that's in order then MGR should be much higher especially a tier above Shinobi at the least. Basara shouldn't be on the list, replace with DmC.

As much as I love Shinobi, I agree. Bottom row should be Basara, Shinobi and Max Anarchy.

Edit:

Just caught the edit. ;D

List was made by 4chans cgg (I think), who kinda despise DmC, so even if its decent, its not making any top lists over there.

Silky

Banned
The list says in no particular order. Mind you this was made by 4chan, so DmC is essentially nonexistent there.

Also Shinobi is much harder than revengeance.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well Ninja Theory did go on multiple hiring sprees recently which suggests they have a project ramping up into full production.

I dunno....RE6's gameplay was pretty damn top notch.

This doesnt' work when discussing a series focused on gameplay, and boy does Resident Evil 6 has some god damn good gameplay

RE6 had the DMC4 syndrome of core gameplay being good and everything else sucking.

Dragon's Dogma had drive and vision even with all its flaws.

TreIII

I somehow doubt Sengoku Basara is a better game than DmC, but I wouldn't really know I guess.
There actually is quite a bit of depth in BASARA, thanks to the item system being a main factor in changing how the game plays, on top of each character's individual playstyle.

The only pity is, what Americans got with Samurai Heroes is by far obsolete compared to Utage (SB3/SH's JP only upgrade) and SB4. More characters, tag mode, a higher difficulty where the mooks don't stop swinging, different enemy types and multiple other gameplay changes make it so it's more the pity Capcom won't ever localize a game again.

Korigama

We were being told it was a prequel initially. Then it was reboot. Then it was an alternate universe. Then it was "we'll see where it goes".

A very tumultuous time for anyone trying to figure out what the game actually was.
Seeing as they're completely incompatible, it's safe to conclude that alternate universe will stick.

Sesha

Make it be DmC Definitive Edition:

- Boss Rush mode
- Turbo Mode
- Dante and Vergil playable in all modes, including each other's campaigns
- 60 FPS

And so on. Then have Neo_G step up to the directorial chair with something like DMC: Bloody Palace Edition, with Itsuno as supervising director. Have characters from all over the series, including DmC Dante and Vergil. Make the game an experiment for features to implement in whatever the next mainline game is.

Better be DMC 2 not crappy 5.

DMC 2 already exists, breh

i don't follow the series too closely these days. but wasn't DmC essentially DMC5? i was under the impression the series was rebooted

DmC was a reboot, yes, though with an asterisk or two attached to it. It's not DMC5, though it was meant to be during the early parts of the development. They changed their mind mid-development, and Capcom staff have repeatedly said that DmC isn't 5. There's also DMC3&4 director Hideaki Itsuno saying he would like to do DMC5. So officially, not DMC5.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind an improved DmC 2, I liked the more relatable characters and the humor better. Plus the combat system wasn't as restrictive to new players. Just make it 60 fps and with a new engine.

IS

SANITY

The price to pay....FOR POWER?!

Well Ninja Theory did go on multiple hiring sprees recently which suggests they have a project ramping up into full production.

who develops this, if it is even a console title, it wont be Ninja theory. You can bank on that much.

Edit: looking on Linkedin, it seems Alex Jones (Capcom US Producer on DmC) Is no longer with Capcom. I wonder why......

^even though I'd vastly prefer DMC5, is be ok with a DmC2 that game was still in if massively flawed

I don't want to get my hopes up but it's DMC, I can't help it. guys...help me...

Xav

I'd be down for Capcom developed Devil May Cry 5 or better yet, give it to Platinum Games.

I have no interest in a DmC 2. I gave the original a chance and got about half way before I had to walk away. 30FPS and colour coded enemies just aren't my thing.

At last! Kamiya is coming back to make the TRUE SEQUEL to Devil May Cry. Get ready to play as both Dante and Trish and kick ass against demon lords invading downtown London!

I hope that the next Devil May Cry would at least have the cutscenes actually seem like Devil May Cry. I was wondering why DmC didn't have any flashy cutscenes. Most of it was exposition. I know people will always call out DMC1,3,4 as cheesy but they always had batshit insane actions scenes while the closest they get in DmC is putting his pants on with the convenient pizza slice flying around.

Top Bottom