• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom registers Devil May Cry trademark

K.Sabot

ip1mq38lgWFJa.gif

My favorite gif from that fight.

Man I want a new DMC.

Curufinwe

DMC fans mocking DmC dialogue always cracks me up

DmC fans who can't admit the game's writing was atrocious and was supposed to be serious are hilarious to me.

Almost as hilarious as Capcom hiring Ninja Theory because they weren't happy with 2.7m in sales for DMC 4 (now up to 2.9m) and wanted 4 or 5. And then they got 1.4m - less than half. What a disaster.

Essel

Neo Member
It's never a bad time to post DMC4 combo videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHY4X7g2yRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcP4k-QWrQ

If they're dead set on a reboot, and a new console generation is a clean slate, they should start with Devil May Cry Zero, a Sparda prequel. It's too obvious, and if they would just hire professional writers, then it could be a good story. It would end with a tragedy that leaves the sons of Sparda orphans, then just create a new timeline from there. At the very least, they should release DMC 1-4 collection with 1080p/60fps to test the waters.

Anura

I want DMC5 but I expect nothing of value...

Anyways when it comes to Classic DMC vs Donte DMC in terms of just dialog I would say classic felt cheesy while Donte felt juvenile. One is cringeworthy and can be funny/endearing at times and the other is just cringeworthy...

Why do you say that?

Several reasons, but the Main one is :- They don't need to.

DmC was far more successful for Ninja theory than it was for Capcom. It showed they were a studio that could deliver the goods under immense pressure and They managed to inject alot of their own personality (and thus showcase their strengths) into a existing ip.

Now they can return to making fresh IP in their own trademark style, knowing at least to publishers, they have proven themselves that tiny bit more.

Make no mistake. DmC was Just a job for them. They don't have any passion for the series or even the rebooted ip. Its simply a showcase of what Ninja theory can do. They will only revisit that if they cannot get any other work.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
How about DMC Generations then? seemed to work with Sonic fans
The Sonic fandom probably wouldn't be the first thing I would think of for such a situation as of this year, since they're just starting to struggle in dealing with the co-existence of Sonic Team and Sonic Boom.

Amir0x

Banned
It's ok OP, my expectation is for yet another abomination unto mankind like DmC. Like Tomb Raider, I have put the series to rest peacefully in a shallow grave marked only by the stains of my bitter tears.

Timmy00

I'll hope for something like DMC3/4 and not DmC. I enjoyed DmC but it's kind of a step down. I won't complain either way though, as long as it's not iOS.

Don't see the 'RE6 has bad gameplay' complaints

The gameplay and shooting is pretty good, I just wish the campaigns weren't absolute crap. At least mercenaries is really fun.

MYE

Both dialogs are bad but only one of the is actually trying to be serious about it

And I actually liked DmC but come ON

I guess DmC could be considered serious next to DMC. Then again what isn't?
On its own though its apparent by the pizza-dick jokes that it knows how to have fun with itself AND still have character development and serious moments to do the premise some justice.

DmC fans who can't admit the game's writing was atrocious are hilarious to me.

Almost as hilarious as Capcom hiring Ninja Theory because they weren't happy with 2.7m in sales for DMC 4 (now up to 2.9m) and wanted 4 or 5. And then they got 1.4m - less than half. What a disaster.

DmC has juvenile humor within its dialogue. DMC is just full on retard.
I wish I wrote for Capcom. Seems like the easiest job on the planet.

They should let Itsuno do Devil May Cry 5 & let Kamiya do Devils Never Cry. That way we can get a new Nero & Dante game & we get some backstory on Sparda & Eva.

Clawww

why are people even debating the writing/dialogue/story. the series is about gameplay. even if you argue that DmC was penned better, it's still just the least shitty turd. hopefully we can drop the millionth awful debate between the games before someone pulls out the 'people only hate on it because of the redesign' card.

So we're turning this into a DMC 4 GIF thread?

dmc4-combo15fps-2-350i3s1y.gif

I'm okay with that.

no, we don't need to rub it in.

anyways, if DMC5 happens, it had better *at least* match the mechanics of 4.

kick51

Banned
Eh, they could do better.

i6qCTcd5ansEv.gif

just time a buster correctly to do that? no other conditions?

i've been playing the shit out of DMC4 bloody palace lately.

lol @ sengoku basara on that list. i guess the other had to put in a pet choice to ruin an otherwise perfect list.

Hypron

lol @ sengoku basara on that list. i guess the other had to put in a pet choice to ruin an otherwise perfect list.

Yep it's as simple as that. It looks so cool though.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I am not seeing many DmC game play gifs here though.

There's a reason for that tho. There's nothing about DmC's combat that's really worth exploring. It's not gonna be like DMC3/4 where we're still discovering new tech to this day. Hell just recently I saw some keyboard play of DMC4 and it literally blew my mind.

Someone posted that Mad combo vid that was released first week of the game's launch. Tbh that's pretty much the extent of DmC's depth, and most of that is stuff people can do as long as they know how to Enemy Step.

So why bother to make gifs if the tech itself isn't very impressive?

Essel

Neo Member

You can also snatch it for a green orb.

Cardon

As someone that's part of the somewhat small minority that enjoyed DmC I'll definitely be up for a sequel, but if we receive a full-on DMC follow-up then that would be amazing.

That said, this will probably end up being a F2P browser/ioS game released only in Japan that will adopt a chibi artstyle that makes absolutely no sense for what the franchise actually is.

The people who post in those threads where that image came from are pretty big into the Sengoku Basara series. I guess it might be because it's so flashy.

MYE

I'm fine if they handle gameplay in Japan, but give everything else to whoever wrote, designed, scored and modeled DmC's content at NT.

edit: And follow the new world and characters of DmC obviously.

Top Bottom