• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil 6 Will Be Totally Different

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that Capcom's Masachika Kawata has finally given a comment about what direction Resident Evil 6 will be going in.

RelyOnHorror said:
Resident Evil 6 Will Be “Totally Different”

April 19, 2011 8:09 pm
Jorge Bocanegra
3 Comments

We’ve been hearing a lot lately about Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and other already announced titles in Capcom’s Resident Evil franchise. But what about Resident Evil 6? Well, Capcom’s own Masachika Kawata has issued a statement regarding the inevitable sequel in an interview with MarcaPlayer. The statement has been posted in its original Spanish form on Resident Evil Center and later translated into French by the folks at Ultimate Resident Evil. You can read, if you can comprehend the language, the French and Spanish versions of Kawata’s statement below, followed by our English translation.

Spanish:

“la saga experimentará una renovación total con la siguiente entrega, a todos los niveles. Pero no tenemos que olvidar que gracias a los últimos títulos de la misma hemos conocido un universo gigante de posibilidades para Resident Evil. No puedo decir si trabajaremos sobre un survival horror o un shooter, pero sí que será algo totalmente nuevo”

French:

“La série va subir une rénovation complète pour le prochain épisode, à tous les niveaux. [...] Ce sera quelque chose de complètement nouveau. “

Now here’s our translation, my French and Spanish backgrounds have come to good use:

”The series will see a complete renovation with the next entry on every level. But we can’t forget about all the previous entries that have led to the creation of many possibilities for the franchise. I can’t say if we’re going to make it (Resident Evil 6) survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it’ll be totally different.”
Source: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ws/resident-evil-6-will-be-totally-different/

This was first hinted at two years ago by Jun Takeuchi, but was subsequently semi-denied. However, it seems we now have confirmation that this is still the case.

TL4E

Please god no, not a shooter.

Even though RE5 came out 2 years ago, it sure seems like they're not too far in developing RE6 given that they're not even sure if it will be a "survival horror or shooter."

Shurs

I'd really like to see the series return to it's Survival Horror roots.

I'm interested to see how they evolve the series going forward.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
MMaRsu said:
Again? Where we really sick of RE4 perfection style RE games?

Because I sure wasn't!

But we only got one of them - RE5 certainly wasn't "perfection", even though it did some things right.

Zee-Row

Banned
What more can they do with Resident Evil 6 other than reboot it? RE5 pretty much resolved everything storywise even though the game itself wasn't very good.

Danielsan

MMaRsu said:
Again? Where we really sick of RE4 perfection style RE games?

Because I sure wasn't!
Capcom couldn't hope to create another RE4 even if they tried, just look at RE5.
Leave the RE4 type action games to the Dead Space team.

I hope it has less of an action movie focus. As much as i fucking loved upgrading my weapons and finding treasure, that game wasnt scary or engaging as much as a slower game could be. Dead Space is caught in that trap as well.

Sectus

RE5 sold 5 million copies and it's a great game. To heck with the haters! It makes sense from a business standpoint and from the standpoint of the fans to just make another one in the same style just improved.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
But we only got one of them - RE5 certainly wasn't "perfection", even though it did some things right.

That's why I didn't mention RE5 near the word perfection.

RE5 certainly wasn't perfect, it wasn't near as good as RE4.
That's why I'm saying, they should make another RE4 style game, have another crack at it!

I know that if they get the best team together they can, and go for the seriously creepy atmosphere that RE4 had, put back the case inventory system as well. Make the controls easier. But I can't say if I want to be able to move while shooting, it was so perfect in RE4.

Top Bottom