• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil 6 Will Be Totally Different

crops55

Well I certainly hope it will be completely different. I thoroughly enjoyed playing 5 and I appreciate any kind of risk taken to try something new, but babysitting and intrusive micromanagement aren't exactly what I had in mind from a Resident Evil experience.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I have always been curious if Capcom would take a note on how the gameplay worked in Uncharted (more so with Uncharted:Drakes Fortune) because the first title alone kept reminding me of Resident Evil; the music score later on being a key note here (being similar to Resident Evil 2's RPD facility). If the gameplay was tweaked around that changed to be more survival horror esque, I reckon it could work.

How about playing the role of a landlord with an unsavory tenant. The goal is to evict him but he wont make it easy.

Resident Evil.

MaddenNFL64

toasty_T said:
How about playing the role of a landlord with an unsavory tenant. The goal is to evict him but he wont make it easy.

Resident Evil.

I chuckled.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind going back to horror. And bring back Leon somehow. Or remake RE2 already, fuck.

ZombieFred said:
You know, I have always been curious if Capcom would take a note on how the gameplay worked in Uncharted (more so with Uncharted:Drakes Fortune) because the first title alone kept reminding me of Resident Evil; the music score later on being a key note here (being similar to Resident Evil 2's RPD facility). If the gameplay was tweaked around that changed to be more survival horror esque, I reckon it could work.

Interesting. Make it as much about "survival" as it is "horror", strand the main character with little supplies and no chance of contacting the outside world in the wilderness (surrounded by zombies or "infected") and put in the Uncharted traversal mechanics for exciting escape sequences.

Raide

Some Survival and some Horror would really be sweet Capcom. Oh... probably another Military Zombie Shooter then. :(

As long as it conrols like Dead Space and we'll never see the RE tankcontrols again I'll be very happy. Hopefully they'll go back to zombies and survival horror.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
shadyspace said:
Interesting. Make it as much about "survival" as it is "horror", strand the main character with little supplies and no chance of contacting the outside world in the wilderness (surrounded by zombies or "infected") and put in the Uncharted traversal mechanics for exciting escape sequences.

Dead Island might do the 'survival' and 'horror' combo.

The RE6 press statement will look something like this:

With Resident Evil 6™, Capcom™ will finally tie the Resident Evil™ and Ghosts 'n Goblins™ franchises together. The medieval ancestors of the Spencer family spread the Thyraent™ virus among their peasants. Sir Arthur Redfyld and his fellow S.W.O.R.D members have to battle hordes of the undead.

Raide

I was hoping for a Professor Layton spin off. Solving brain taxing puzzles while avoiding Zombies trying to tax your brains.

Rei_Toei said:
Dead Island might do the 'survival' and 'horror' combo.

The RE6 press statement will look something like this:

With Resident Evil 6™, Capcom™ will finally tie the Resident Evil™ and Ghosts 'n Goblins™ franchises together. The medieval ancestors of the Spencer family spread the Thyraent™ virus among their peasants. Sir Arthur Redfyld and his fellow S.W.O.R.D members have to battle hordes of the undead.

Sounds pretty awesome actually.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just make it good. Don't cough up a self-plagiarized turd like the last time.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
please please please P-L-E-A-S-E- make it a racing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon, Chris, Claire, Ada, Sheva, and Sherry, against a bunch on Ganados, the Kimbo Slice Majini, The Executioner, and the "Woohoohoohoohoohoo" Majini, around a giant race track within Racoon City!!! Do it Capcom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will make it a shooter... I just know it, no way they are making a horror good RE games for us... Because they hate us or at less the old classic RE fans.

It's going to be a game for the mass market, they will aim for 3-4 million copies or something high like that, I doubt they can sell that much with a true horror game, it's going to be an action over the top game for sure.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nirolak said:
I can’t say if we’re going to make it (Resident Evil 6) survival horror or a shooter, but I can say that it’ll be totally different.”

survival horror or bust.

isamu said:
please please please P-L-E-A-S-E- make it a racing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon, Chris, Claire, Ada, Sheva, and Sherry, against a bunch on Ganados, the Kimbo Slice Majini, The Executioner, and the "Woohoohoohoohoohoo" Majini, around a giant race track within Racoon City!!! Do it Capcom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god I laughed so hard at this!
HAHAHAHA

So who should develop this? Since Capcom is only doing new IP internally and outsourcing sequels, who should be up to bat? Epic Games?

eso76

Could be a free roaming sandbox ?
i can't think of a lot of different things it could be without it being a competitor to Dead Rising or other Capcom IP's.

jdforge

Banned
They really ought to produce another title similar to RE4, or REmake. RE4 is an almost perfect evolution of REmake, with REmake the quintessential vision of the series' origins.

However, if they are able to replicate the transition from REMake to RE4 with something entirely new, that would also be great.

.la1n

Like numerous other have said, I have no problem with being able to control the character during action sequences ala Dead Space / 2. This is really the ideal route to go with the series. You have your action set pieces sprinkled around a generally creepy setting /creatures.

Just don't make it out in the damn bright ass sun open wide as hell Capcom, we need clausterphobic settings mixed with the ocassional open area.

Also last but not least, for the love of god if you bring back an old character they don't need to be redesigned. Do not steroid them up or turn them into a playboy model.

Clott

I haven't watched the Resident Evil 4 Beta video in a while and that thing was tense! I can imagine dreading seeing the hook man, and it seems that light was his weakness, to take him to the windows and have lightning weaken him was a great idea. That's where we have to go back to!

Dyno

Medalion said:
Resident Evil will be a House building simulator...putting the resident back in residence, yeah!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

badcrumble said:
Capcom has no idea what to do with this franchise anymore.

Looks that way, they haven't even decided on a genre!

Dyno said:
Looks that way, they haven't even decided on a genre!
They need to pick a director with a strong and bold and clear vision for the game instead of designing games through focus groups and feature checklists like Resident Evil 5 and Operation Raccoon City.

I really don't understand what there is to choose? Resident Evil already has side games for the shooter genre, why turn the main franchise into that too?

They should go back to survival horror. I would really like them to go back to the puzzles, the cramped hallways, the slow zombies, and very little ammo.

Ichabod

Banned
I think RE could work from a first person perspective. They'd just have to make sure to focus on desperation, survival, and terror (ala Amnesia) and not turn it into a dudebro modern warfare clone.

Top Bottom