• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Showed the Wrong Version (extra large) of Abigail in the Reveal trailer.

butman

CIid9HT.gif

latest

Dice//

Banned
A fighting game character design should be evaluated in a holistic context taking animation and move set into account. Abigail looked good on the showcase stream from Winner Stays On.

He's ugly (on purpose) but his personality comes through in his gameplay. That's a good design in my book.

100%

Ugly, but it works. Love the "liquid metal" look of his super moves. It's now at least like 15% less silly looking, but since the whole design is about...petrol and power, I weirdly dig it and the move set.

Not "pleasant" but that's the point.

Lulubop

So they're being fluid with the name instead?

he's name is music related? He's a character created in the 80s? He was bullied because his name is Abigail, and the name is a gag because you wouldn't expect such a big guy to be named Abigail.

I think you're fucking with me tho.

Fitts

I have to admit that this character has been steadily winning me over. I hated the design at reveal, (especially considering that Final Fight has some good shit to draw from) but my only real gripe at this point is his size. Still, the more you shrink the character the less his move set fits, so I don't know what the fuck I want because his playstyle looks fun.

I can't tell if this thread is for real. There is barely a difference. I had to rewind like 7 times when he went out of v trigger to see if I was missing something. He's still too big and the design is still stupid.

yurinka

I think he still looks bad, but not as horrible as he was in the reveal trailer. Maybe it's just because his white costume looks better than in night stages or because his alternate costumes are better, and perspective during gameplay favors him.

His intro animation simulating he's driving a car is too stupid, like many things from Fang. I think Abigail and Fang character designs are the worst ones I saw in Street Fighter since Captain Sawada and Area.

Is Abigail meant to be a gender fluid/non binary character?
At least until now he always has been credited or mentioned as "male". As happened many times back then, his name and appeared is inspired by metal bands/artists/albums from the 80's.

I assume he's a cis male.

His intro animation simulating he's driving a car is too stupid, like many things from Fang. I think Abigail and Fang character designs are the worst ones I saw in Street Fighter since Captain Sawada and Area.

Fang's just keeping up with the traditional goofy SF designs like Blanka, Sodom, Oro, Hakan etc.

but the worst Street Fighter design of all time is Ed; he looks terrible and I can't believe anyone Capcom signed off on him

Top Bottom