• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "Street Fighter V will probably take until 2018 to come out"

alstein

The question is what does Capcom do in the interim. I don't see Capcom making another SF4 after Ultra, and I don't see Capcom going 4 years without releasing a fighting game.

We'll probably get something in the interim that isn't SF5.

Raitaro

The question is what does Capcom do in the interim. I don't see Capcom making another SF4 after Ultra, and I don't see Capcom going 4 years without releasing a fighting game.

Yeah let's hope so!

My hopes:
- A new version of SFIII using the original sprites
- A SF Alpha game
- Darkstalkers (...if it's not dead)
- any new IP.

Village

You know Ultra Street fighter: 2nd Impact is happening.

( they should make a new darkstalkers game, and Dante and Nero should be in it)

I wonder when we'll get Tekken vs Street Fighter.

As long as we get:

deC2Uph.jpg

Elena in, it's a sale.

I prefer Makoto ,but both are fine.
Can't help but think that Makoto is about to use Seichusen Godanzuki.....

udon. ┐(´ー`)┌
Can be pretty hit or miss.

Compared to: "I just want a new flashy new fighting game that I'm going to get tired in a few weeks."

That is besides the point. People are always going to want something new. Whether they play past an intital month is not capcoms problem. That will happen regardless with an expansion like USF4 or a brand new entry. The difference is more people are likely to pick up a new entry and as such the player base would have a net gain

Ask yourself, Why do you want a new SF? and Why are you not playing the current one?

Personally, im not bothered either way but to play devils advocate, because Id like to see what Capcom could do with a next gen engine and im tired of SF4's mechanics and woukd like to try something different. Same philosophy that SF X T was built on, but a grander scale. Furthermore, why does a new entry mean you have to stop playing the current one? Do you only play one fighter at a time?

And you can see why we feel that way about when people like you comment like this.

Yes I see you being self-absorbed and insular, like the FGC in general.

It is an either or, because why would capcom develop 2 self competing products at the same time. SFV will cannibalize SF4, which is still thriving to this day.

develop does not mean release. A polished next gen fighter will take 3/4 years of dev time. Do you really expect USF4 to have much of a life except with the hardest of the hardcore in 2016? The statement this thread suggest capcom isnt even willing to START development yet. That is ridiculous and obviously done for financial rather than longeivity reasons.

That might be a possibility. And very likely, but not set in stone yet. F2P have many permutations. Hopefully they follow the DOTA2 model, instead of the KI one.

Personally I have every confidence it will be worse than both

Mesoian

I wonder when we'll get Tekken vs Street Fighter.

I prefer Makoto ,but both are fine.
Can't help but think that Makoto is about to use Seichusen Godanzuki.....

Can be pretty hit or miss.

Only now do I realize that I subconsciously recreated Elena in Skyrim.

Huh.

Shito

develop does not mean release. A polished next gen fighter will take 3/4 years of dev time. Do you really expect USF4 to have much of a life except with the hardest of the hardcore in 2016? The statement this thread suggest capcom isnt even willing to START development yet. That is ridiculous and obviously done for financial rather than longeivity reasons.
They're not gonna tell you they have begun working on SF5 when they are about to release an update to SF4 in the coming months. Rather, they want you to believe SF5 is still a loooong road away, which is why this statement was made.
Also, they will never casually tell they're working on it without a proper announcement; they need to keep that "surprise effect" for the hype surrounding it (remember SF4's announcement?).
Nobody sound enough to think about it more than a few seconds was expecting SF5 in the 2 upcoming years anyways: the next-gen must first build a strong user-base for a new SF installment to be worth making.

HeelPower

It seems namco is doing a damn good job with Tekken by comparison. Man this is SO disappointing and I am not even a hardcore SF fan.Hard is not an excuse.

Blackage

PS3 version can apparently drop frames in most other stages.

The pros whine about anything and everything when they lose, dropped frames when it's PS3, the monitor is "overheating" when it's Xbox 360. It doesn't matter what console it's on they always choose that bloody Training Stage, CEO ran on 360, and we got the Training Stage.

Astarte

The pros whine about anything and everything when they lose, dropped frames when it's PS3, the monitor is "overheating" when it's Xbox 360. It doesn't matter what console it's on they always choose that bloody Training Stage, CEO ran on 360, and we got the Training Stage.

I hear that some pros actually commit training stage background lines into their memory so they know exactly how many steps they are from the other.

Top Bottom