• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: USF2 proved to be a smash hit

ggx2ac

So we are expecting to see SF2 on PS4/ONE and PC?
That's not a port begging, i'm talking about this http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/2...e-platforms-sells-extremely-well-says-capcom/

Lastly, Ono revealed that, if Street Fighter II sold well on the Switch, that Capcom would consider releasing it on other platforms.

“If this title sells extremely well we’ll consider it. We put a lot of thought into how this can be fully enjoyed on the Nintendo Switch, so for the time being it’s only going to be on Switch.”

lol

Not to defend Capcom, but like most of their current gen portfolio consists of ports, outsourcing, and exclusives. I'm sure they'd be more all over the Switch if they could, but they're REALLY hurting right now.

There were good ports instead of this overpriced crap.

Mory Dunz

not sure how to feel about this....
looked a poor product.

and yeah, it's kinda surprising that the Disney thing and Megaman Collection aren't on the switch. Not port begging cause I couldn't care less about those games and didn't know they existed, but mega man....and disney...hm

TreIII

My man.

Red Earth on something else at all would be nice lol.

Yeah, if we're going to get more ports, let's get ports of stuff we don't get so often.

Still waiting on a means to play Project Justice and Tech Romancer without having to drag out my Dreamcast...

Sandfox

Am I ?
Looking at DS/3DS/Wii/GC, not really.
I mean, 3DS was announced with amazing support from Capcom: 2 exclusive Resident Evil games, a nice port of SSFIV on launch day. Not counting Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

USFII could've been replaced by Ace Attorney 1-6, Resident Evil 4-5-6, Okami HD, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Resident Evil Rebirth-0 or many more old titles.

It's also up to Nintendo to ask 3rd parties for things. I mean, KH3D happened on 3DS because Nintendo asked for it actually.
Yes because you're expecting them to make good business decisions and not go for the cheaper option.

Does that mean we'll get Monster Hu...

Wait. No, That won't change anything. The only thing that will come out of this is them putting the game on PS4.

Yes because you're expecting them to make good business decisions and not go for the cheaper option.

It's not sure USFII was the cheapest option. They bothered porting MT Framework on Switch for that dumb new mode, which means they could've ported any MT Framework game, namely a lot of those I mentionned.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm sure that if we pass enough of these tests from capcom they'll bother porting us a game from this century sooner or later.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
If the past is a good a predictor of the future, looks like the Switch is for another $15 XBLA game for $40 in the near future. Any preferred candidate?

VeeP

If the past is a good a predictor of the future, looks like the Switch is for another $15 XBLA game for $40 in the near future. Any preferred candidate?

It still boggles my mind. The Remake/Remaster itself cost $15. A balanced and updated version of that remake/remaster cost $40. And then people on this forum defended that shit.

It's not sure USFII was the cheapest option. They bothered porting MT Framework on Switch for that dumb new mode, which means they could've ported any MT Framework game, namely a lot of those I mentionned.

Hell, they could've added a few hundred thousand units to the RE4/5/6 releases.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's also up to Nintendo to ask 3rd parties for things. I mean, KH3D happened on 3DS because Nintendo asked for it actually.

And you know Nintendo hasnt asked for things outside of USF2 how exactly ? Just because they havent announced games doesnt mean there arent more planned. I doubt that lackluster support from Nintendo is the reason why we havent seen more of Capcom on Switch yet.

TheOGB

Banned
If MT Framework is on the Switch, then that means they can finally port Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Oregano

And you know Nintendo hasnt asked for things outside of USF2 how exactly ? Just because they havent announced games doesnt mean there arent more planned. I doubt that lackluster support from Nintendo is the reason why we havent seen more of Capcom on Switch yet.

MHXX is probably happening because Nintendo asked for MH...

How exactly ? Because of the lack of anything meaningful ?

Yukinari

Honestly if it wasnt for Maximillian i would have no fucking clue the game came out or have seen any online matches of it.

Nobody i sub to covered the game or bothered with it cause of all the other better value fighting games out.

Neff

This port is actually very good and I've gotten more than my moneys worth out of it.

Tons of great fights with folks all over the world (thanks for that GOAT epic Zangief vs Zangief whoever you were).

nubbe

Hopefully we might get Hyper Street Fighter IV Turbo on Switch now
I'm not paying €40 for SFII... but I'll pay €40 for an enhanced SFIV

Vena

How exactly ? Because of the lack of anything meaningful ?

Capcom has more or less run out of resources, though. DR was exclusive and a mess. SFV needed external funding and remains a mess. They're sinking good knows how much into MHW and missing the Switch with it. They last minute threw up an XX port. And RE7 sales flatlined. MvC looks like a mess in the making.

The only thing they could have made at this point was a World port, and they have other fantasies for that title.

Capcom has more or less run out of resources, though. DR was exclusive and a mess. SFV needed external funding and remains a mess. They're sinking good knows how much into MHW and missing the Switch with it. They last minute threw up an XX port. And RE7 sales flatlined. MvC looks like a mess in the making.

The only thing they could have made at this point was a World port, and they have other fantasies for that title.

Ugh, no ? I mean, there were 1000 games they could've choose instead.
USFII could've been replaced by Ace Attorney 1-6, Resident Evil 4-5-6, Okami HD, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Resident Evil Rebirth-0 or many more old titles.

Top Bottom