• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

KAL2006

Banned
underwhelmeton

don't give a shit about Monster Hunter in the first place, a port of an old PC Monster Hunter is even worse. I guess this was a quick dirty port as PC to 360 ports are not hard to do.

FrankT

Nirolak said:
Wait you guys are basing your predictions on Y2Kev's parody twitter account? :lol :lol :lol

Naw, but I still love the account. Although some here are in fact doing such.

wizword

Banned
Monster Hunter series coming to xbox 360 for a time exclusive would be dumb by microsoft japan because they will pay for advertisement and development costs, while sony is the one that is benefiting the most when the game comes out on the console a year later. I would think it would be more logical if they would attempt to create exclusive franchises that appeal more to western audiences. Dead Rising is a good example. Xbox 360 basically has the shooter demographic locked (with almost every fps outselling ps3 countepart 2:1 to 3:1) but hack n slash/fighting/action titles the difference is not nearly as much (60:40). What would a niche game in the western and poorly selling console sell with an exclusive that would not cause a substantial difference on how a console sells. It is logical for capcom (seeing how they basically get to create a game without the need of paying for the development costs) but how will it help microsoft to lose money for no incentive outside of boosting the console at best an extra 100k consoles?

Edit: It isn't monster hunter 3 update version but the pc version. Had no idea. Probably a better move now that I think about it. Won't cost any money.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nirolak said:
Wait you guys are basing your predictions on Y2Kev's parody twitter account? :lol :lol :lol
Ahem. I am like threespeech. I am not gamescoopz. But I can talk to gamescoopz.

Dalthien

moriya2k2 said:
might be crazy, but could it be Zack & Wiki for natal?
It wouldn't surprise me to see this happen eventually. If I remember correctly, Capcom was hoping to be able to continue the franchise, but the sales of the Wii game just didn't justify a new title.

Natal is obviously meant to appeal to a different audience than the existing userbase, so the aesthetics of the franchise might fit well with the intended audience. And the physical nature of puzzle-solving could be a perfect fit for Natal. Replace the physical Wiimote puzzle-solving with physical Natal puzzle-solving. Turn a wheel, push a lever, pull a rope, etc.

wizword

Banned
Dalthien said:
It wouldn't surprise me to see this happen eventually. If I remember correctly, Capcom was hoping to be able to continue the franchise, but the sales of the Wii game just didn't justify a new title.

Natal is obviously meant to appeal to a different audience than the existing userbase, so the aesthetics of the franchise might fit well with the intended audience. And the physical nature of puzzle-solving could be a perfect fit for Natal. Replace the physical Wiimote puzzle-solving with physical Natal puzzle-solving. Turn a wheel, push a lever, pull a rope, etc.
I would buy natal for that one game. Zack and wiki was awesome and deserves a sequel but I doubt we will hear anything about natal until e3. IMO, Microsoft would want natal to make a huge impact in terms of media attention.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I dunno, I think it might have been ethelred who said it, but Z&W seems like it would go next to the DS if they continued the series.

Capcom X Microsoft announcement confirmed to be:

http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=778070&mpage=1#778070

...and it is multiplatform.

Commence
crying-baby_medium.jpg

Agnates

Banned
If they wanna revive the franchise they should at least rename it and design some decent characters and sounds. Wouldn't sell just for being on Natal if not...

Edit: What's that page above showing? I don't understand what characters those are. Or how it's confirmed that's the announcement.

Kishgal

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
That's the main characters from End of Eternity/Resonace of Fate, a Tri-Ace RPG published by Sega for PS360, nothing to do with Capcom.
It says Monster Hunter Frontier Online for 360 on the right.

ethelred

schuelma said:
I dunno, I think it might have been ethelred who said it, but Z&W seems like it would go next to the DS if they continued the series.

Not me. That's what the original retail leak mentioning the game said.

jsrv

NinMicroSega said:
2chan is saying it's multiplatform, that's where I got that info from.

Monster Hunter Frontier is that PC MH game right? So it's going to be a console port?

andymcc

Banned
i hope to god it's not a port of MH frontier...

please...

no.

MightyHedgehog said:
What was the point of the conference secret reveal if it's already in a magazine to read about? What's going on? :confused

magazine scans are probably leaks...

iceatcs

MightyHedgehog said:
What was the point of the conference secret reveal if it's already in a magazine to read about? What's going on? :confused
I think magazine is leak when it's not suppose sell yet like maybe an employee took it in the print factory before shipping. (but I'm not sure)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wtf do you mean "that's it." This is SUPER AWESOME, we will get amazing graphics like in the monster hunter CGs and a fantastic online community. what more could you want? DMC5? You know that's coming. be surprised!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Aww nuts..so I guess I have to eat some crow of some sort.

Top Bottom