• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

iceatcs

PseudoKirby said:
if its a port of that PC games, I am wondering who it is that hypes these announcements?

an 8 year old fanboy?
Well it was from Xbox Japan site "Capcom x Microsoft"

But we actually don't know if it is the one or.. Better wait for 1am EST I suppose so.

NeoGIF said:
So, how much longer until this kicks off?

When Balrog and TJ Combo are in the same game.

tjcombo-original.jpg
vs.
01_Balrog.jpg

360 getting Frontier is a good thing. There's been quite a bit added to it since it was first released. I'm sure we'll get the inevitable bullet pointed data sheets from the PR machines as they gear up for this release.

I can understand some of you being let down though. When Frontier first came out, it pretty much was Unite/ Freedom 2 online with a few extra monsters. It's gotten better, and it's a hell of a lot tougher.

Espinas, Pariapuria, Akura Jeiba, Berukyurosu, Kamu and Nono, and possibly Raviente with all the corresponding color/ fighting style variations... in addition to practically every other critter we've slaughtered countless time... it's a bit more then we got at least with Unite/ 2nd G.
I really want to fight the Orugaron wolves. Kill the monthly fees and I'm yours once again Capcom.

Isn't that conference supposed to be for multiple games?

IlliterateBookworm said:
Isn't that conference supposed to be for multiple games?
There's supposed to be some Super Street Fighter 4 news today aswell I believe but not sure if it's related to this conference/announcement.

Jonsoncao

Banned
well since Capcom said they will never do console exclusive anymore, I am sure if there really is some game announcement, you ps3 ppl will also have that game on PS3

Jonnyram

If this is being announced today, I wonder if FFXIV will also be announced, since both would need the same rule-bending to get running on XBL, I assume.

ElFly said:
Isn't it region locked?

Yeah, the Japanese one is IP blocked. You can probably proxy it, but all the neat stuff is available whenever a new boxed edition comes out and they give you all sorts of cool gear. You don't get any of that just signing up online.

I believe the Korean one is set up differently, but I don't really know much about that version since I can't really read the language.

If this actually is true, fuck Microsoft for finally making me have to spend money on getting my box online. Fuck 'em up the ass. I don't want to buy their crappy wifi doodad, but I'm still going to have to spend a bit of cash to buy another router to bridge. Blah.

After watching those Lost Planet trailers, is it just me or is it Monster Hunter in space? I know they've talked of being able to customize your character's weapons and gear. Watching a bunch of guys gang up on those huge bugs just gives me flashbacks to the first few times we ever fought Lao Shan online. Good times. I really wouldn't mind if LP2 ends up being the sci fi equivalent of Monster Hunter.

Agnates

Banned
If it's just a port I doubt it would get overseas anyway? Surely the last 3 years they could have translated it if they wanted it in the West.

Anyway Tenbatsu doesn't like it so there must be something wrong with it :lol

Agnates

Banned
I dunno? Just going by this. I thought Tenbatsu is J-GAF, but I guess not then. Sorry :D

Frontier sounds like it has enhancements and changes for a more MMO-esque feel so even if localised it may have to retain the fees.

cvxfreak

The only ways I can see a port of Monster Hunter Frontier to 360 being a big deal is if this is part of a huge evolution of MS's Xbox Live policies and/or a lineup of games that will make the 360 even more attractive as an online game console. Another possibility is the game with remade visuals to match the 360's capabilities (and pave the way for future entries engine-wise).

But if this is a hardly-changed port released in isolation, then I can't see why this is a huge deal. Announcing Monster Hunter on the 360 for the sake of having the name on the system is not a huge deal nor a game changer. But I'm pretty sure Capcom and MS are smart enough to make whatever moves are needed to make this a truly compelling announcement.

Agnates said:
I dunno? Just going by this. I thought Tenbatsu is J-GAF, but I guess not then. Sorry :D

Singapore.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jonnyram said:
If this is being announced today, I wonder if FFXIV will also be announced, since both would need the same rule-bending to get running on XBL, I assume.
I doubt simultaneously...this is just a capcom event, no?

Jonnyram

Y2Kev said:
I doubt simultaneously...this is just a capcom event, no?
Sorry, I was getting the event and the mag scan confused. The scan from Famitsu says that there are keyperson interviews with 15 game makers as part of "Xbox Strategy 2010", though. Certainly if MHF is coming, FFXIV should be possible.

onken

OK, yes this is from Kotaku's twitter but what the hell:

ガーーーン! 本日の発表の情報解禁は17時だそうです(汗)。なので、予定していた実況はNGとなりました、すみません…。17時には速攻記事をあげます。少々おまちください。(オ)

Basically it says there's an embargo on till 5pm Japan time (another 2h25m). You gotta laugh.

Top Bottom