• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom x Microsoft announcement...Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Stand down, people

Agnates

Banned
godhandiscen said:
It still looks better than Tri from the videos I have seen. I will pick up Tri though, since chances are MHOF isn't making it to America.
It just looks sharper. Levels in Tri have more detail and smoother surfaces generally.

It's kinda sorta PS2 + higher res versus PS2 + extra geometry. To me the latter is preferable.

Compare the video on the 360 MHF page with videos on this page. Especially the 5th blinking button which has no CG parts.

Tenbatsu

Jonnyram said:
Well, it's more an MO, but the term isn't used much.
I didn't realise that MHF has 4 vs 4 quests.

Is there any public info about what's coming in Season 8.0 yet?
The game is currently only on 7.0 isn't it?
Usually they will just add in new monsters, armors/weapons, maps etc in the new patch. The recent one is a huge chinese looking dragon.

One of the most interesting system they added in the past is the extra long/short weapons.

Billen

Banned
Glass Soldier said:
What about... Monster Hunter 3? Seriously, have people forgotten about that game? :lol

You are correct. The fact that one game is getting here clearly should stop me from wanting another.

Or not :D

KTallguy

Banned
I like MHFO, but you can play it on an old ass PC if you want, and you can type on your keyboard and all that jazz so easily. What's so special about it on 360?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Another infos: 360 owners can participate in a beta test for Season 8.5 before it's available for PC. Though whether or not the 8.5 content will even be playable without two years of grinding remains to be seen :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo must be pissed, just after they announced a partnership and pushing mh tri in europe Capcom announces this game for 360.

The game looks okay though.

Billen

Banned
Glass Soldier said:
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Just as no one said that Monster Hunter Tri was forgotten. Now just give it a rest. Your e-peen isn't threatened here and you can pour all that testosterone back into a cup agan.

So, dual stick controls for Monster Hunter, I suppose? Sounds good to me. Anyone that has tried any of the earlier iterations/seasons that can tell us what the gameplay is like?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
This makes me angry, not because I give half a shit, but rather because it means that people will be extra stupid about Monster Hunter and Wii. Still, curious to see how this will do...

MCD

KTallguy said:
I like MHFO, but you can play it on an old ass PC if you want, and you can type on your keyboard and all that jazz so easily. What's so special about it on 360?
the chance it comes in english?

i dunno man.

Dascu

cw_sasuke said:
Nintendo must be pissed, just after they announced a partnership and pushing mh tri in europe Capcom announces this game for 360.

Why would Nintendo be pissed over a port of a years-old PC game? They've got the mainline entry.

Aokage

cw_sasuke said:

Monster Hunter 3 ≠ Monster Hunter Frontier. 3 is still for all intents and purposes the sequel to this game.

cw_sasuke said:

Isn't that what Capcom does?

"Capcom 5" anyone?

Empty

Is there much interest in Japan for a 360 version of the PC game? Surely if they loved Monster Hunter so much they'd just play it on PC, and if they didn't want to buy a new system they'll just play Tri or if Capcom are just trying to sell to existing 360 owners then why not put it on PS3 as well. I don't see the logic behind this announcement.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Aokage said:
Monster Hunter 3 ≠ Monster Hunter Frontier. 3 is still for all intents and purposes the sequel to this game.

I know but it doesnt change the fact that Nintendo doesnt like to support 3rd Party IPs that are also avaible on competitor plattforms. After Capcom 5 we i should be suprised though...

Aokage

Empty said:
Is there much interest in Japan for a 360 version of the PC game? Surely if they loved Monster Hunter so much they'd just play it on PC, and if they didn't want to buy a new system they'll just play Tri or if Capcom are just trying to sell to existing 360 owners then why not put it on PS3 as well. I don't see the logic behind this announcement.

'Cause MH3G is going to be PSWii, believe!

And the PS3 version of MH3G will link to MHP3rd

mutsu

cw_sasuke said:

I'm sure Nintendo will get some exclusive time with MH3 in US/Europe. MHFO on 360 only seems to be a "Japan only" thing at the moment.

fdgbb5.jpg

this is a pic from high quality mode and it looks like shit.

cw_sasuke said:

The two games are not mutually exclusive

Agnates

Banned
Lol. Not shit but. Yeah. They should sue CAPCOM for false advertising with how gorgeous that benchmark seemed in the YouTube vid, yet isn't after all :lol

Paracelsus

WickedLaharl said:
*pic*

this is a pic from high quality mode and it looks like shit.

You sure it's a good grabbed screen? Heck, even the font on the upper left side of the screen looks blurry, it seems weird to me.

Defuser said:
Does capcom does not love money?no ps3? or they're satisfied with the fat cheque from ms?
Gotta love capcom constant screwing over SCEJ lol

Cry more.

Seriously... let's talk about the game and go and bitch in some fanboi flamewar thread.

seady

Honestly, this seems like a desperate attempt by Microsoft to ask Capcom to make some Monster Hunter game for the 360 in Japan, and Capcom decided to give them the PC port as it is the easiest thing to do.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Aokage said:
Well this day just keeps increasing in RAWTENSITY!

Dead Rising: The Movie Directed By Keiji Inafune
A wheelchair?
seady said:
Honestly, this seems like a desperate attempt by Microsoft to ask Capcom to make some Monster Hunter game for the 360 in Japan, and Capcom decided to give them the PC port as it is the easiest thing to do.
Microsoft is so desperate these days, they are like that ugly girl nobody wants to fuck ...or maybe the PC DirectX code is incredibly easy to port to the 360, and Capcom is going for a quick cash in.

Kyoufu

Not really sure if I should be excited about MHFO. I don't think I know anyone who actually liked Frontier on PC :/

Still, being the MH sucker that I am I'd probably still buy it if it gets a western release.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
This has to be the weirdest collection of announcements in a single event ever.

Aokage

Oh man, Kojima eat your heart out. No motion picture directing debut for you, cuz Inafune got there first.

so it's a port of the pc version?

-_-
god damn lazy capcom.
oh well, i guess we'll see something for the ps3 too sooner or later then. it's the only one still missing out. and the ds.
i was thinking they were gonna show their natal game:D

john tv

Aokage said:
QFT.

Monster Hunter 3 is the evolution of this game, IMO. I'll be interested to see what aspects (if any) of 3 get pulled into MHF by the time it hits 360.

Xater

john tv said:
QFT.

Monster Hunter 3 is the evolution of this game, IMO. I'll be interested to see what aspects (if any) of 3 get pulled into MHF by the time it hits 360.

Yeah that's why this is such a letdown. I'd rather see MH3 being ported to the HD consoles than this. Ugh...

Also that Dead Rising trailer looked like shit but in the fun way. :lol

seady said:

This seems like a desperate attempt at trolling. The MH games have always been popular and TBH graphics have never been their strong point.

Top Bottom