• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Smurfs Village, Zombie Cafe Hit 10 Million Downloads

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Capcom's iOS titles (I think they're free and then you buy DLC) Smurfs Village and Zombie Cafe have reached 10 million downloads each.

VG247 said:
Smurfs Village hits 10 million download mark

Capcom’s announced that iOS title Smurfs Village has hit 10 million downloads since its release back in November.

The title allows you to manage the land of the Smurfs so it can become ” a colorful and comical Smurf world.”

Capcom also announced another social title which hit the 10 million downloads mark: iOS game Zombie Cafe.

Zombie Cafe allows players to run a cafe that has zombies as it staff.

“In this highly competitive market, the secret behind Smurfs’ Village and Zombie Cafe success lies in its attractive and user-friendly features,” said the company.

“Mini-games that appeal to a wide variety of fans, integration with Facebook, and dedicated user support as well as additional content based on fan feedback has allowed these games to stand out in a sea of strong competitors.

“We here at Capcom are committed to the development of new and creative social games, to take the rapidly expanding mobile market by storm.”
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/24/smurfs-village-hits-10-million-download-mark/

smurfs village is basically cityville: fuck you edition. just like in cityville you have to build your city using resources gathered, the difference is that cityville require grinding or microtransactions for you to progress, in smurfs village, on the other hand, you either use micortransactions or you're basically fucked as it would require an amount of grinding which is 100x the one in cityville.

a game designed to rape your wallet, much more than zynga games.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Isn't Smurf's Village that free game that kids are accidentally spending hundreds of dollars?

Seems to have worked out for them, as it's always right near the top of the Top Grossing chart.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Capcom have begun complete global saturation on the casual market already.

DiscoJer

cjelly said:
Isn't Smurf's Village that free game that kids are accidentally spending hundreds of dollars?

Yes, accidently.

Free to Play games are bad enough, but Free to Play games aimed at kids are pretty tacky.

jax (old)

Banned
DiscoJer said:
Yes, accidently.

Free to Play games are bad enough, but Free to Play games aimed at kids are pretty tacky.

yes. Smurfs = Capcom should be ashamed. Although if I owned shares in Capcom mobile, I'd be happy. Maybe I should buy shares in Capcom mobile.

°°ToMmY°° said:
a game designed to rape your wallet, much more than zynga games.

Can you really rape the willing?
Remember, the majority of these people are paying for microtransactions on purpose.
Call it a stupidity tax maybe? All i know is that if capcom is making bank, they will be around for that much longer to produce good games.

Like megaman city....

Sean

Banned
All I hear about from Smurfs' Village is parents complaining about their children accidentally spending hundreds of dollars on DLC. It's a free game but apparently the in-game berries you need are like $50 - $100 microtransactions or something and it's not clear you're paying real money.

Never actually played the game but that seems shady as fuck. Though I'm sure there's just as many people willingly paying for that crap too. It's obviously making Capcom a ton of money.

Pezking

"Smurfs Village: Zombie Cafe" is an awesome title.

vQTNT.jpg

Top Bottom