• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Marvel Official Trailer

I have mixed feelings.

I’m starting to wonder if Brie Larson was the best choice. I’m trying to keep an open mind though.

I’m expecting a perfectly average, enjoyable, probably forgettable MCU film.

iconmaster

Banned
I’m starting to wonder if Brie Larson was the best choice.

It's pretty clear she's not much at acting, but that's not necessarily fatal. Amber Heard's acting was atrocious in Aquaman and Jason Momoa's was only so-so -- still enjoyed the film.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear she's not much at acting, but that's not necessarily fatal. Amber Heard's acting was atrocious in Aquaman and Jason Momoa's was only so-so -- still enjoyed the film.

Yeah, Amber Heard was bad. Zero chemistry between those two.

Like, I thought Larson was fine in Room, and she was cool in the small role of the ex-girlfriend in Scott Pilgrim, but she just doesn’t give me “most powerful woman in the universe” feel.

KRAai

I have mixed feelings.

I’m starting to wonder if Brie Larson was the best choice. I’m trying to keep an open mind though.

yeah non of the trailers really wowed me
but then i choose to think that they are just not the best trailers
maybe because marvel doesn't want to show too much
i really like Brie as an actress
i still have to watch a movie where i am disappointed by her performance
maybe it's a case of a role that shines when you see whole movie
but it's kind of hard to show it in a trailer maybe because it would be too spoilery
yeah maybe i just want to like this movie too much :messenger_dizzy:
well i guess we will see

i think Charlize Therone would be a great captain marvel
shame she is kind of too old

yeah non of the trailers really wowed me
but then i choose to think that they are just not the best trailers
maybe because marvel doesn't want to show too much
i really like Brie as an actress
i still have to watch a movie where i am disappointed by her performance
maybe it's a case of a role that shines when you see whole movie
but it's kind of hard to show it in a trailer maybe because it would be too spoilery
yeah maybe i just want to like this movie too much :messenger_dizzy:
well i guess we will see

i think Charlize Therone would be a great captain marvel
shame she is kind of too old

I’m just glad they didn’t cast Ronda Rousey. I remember reading that rumor awhile ago and was like “Oh God, please no.”

A younger Charlize could have worked

KRAai

I’m just glad they didn’t cast Ronda Rousey. I remember reading that rumor awhile ago and was like “Oh God, please no.”

A younger Charlize could have worked

i don't think i read that rumor or maybe even if i did i guess i didn't think much about it
because i knew it has to be bs
say whatever you want about marvel but they are pretty great with casting
and they always cast good recognized actors
or actors that when you see them in movie later you can't see anyone else playing that role like cap
they would never casted ronda for such a important hero

Gander

Banned
I have mixed feelings.

My thoughts is they asked Emily Blunt and she turned them down but ended up doing Mary Poppins.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Kate sachoff should have been capt marvel. But I’m sure Brie will still be great.

Katie is too old now. Saw her on Flash last season and she doesn't look like the spry lieutenant from BSG anymore. Still cute, though.

That said, I like Brie Larson's look. And she trained like CRAZY for this part.

giphy.gif

I forgot she was in Short Term 12. I liked that movie a lot

KRAai

Katie is too old now. Saw her on Flash last season and she doesn't look like the spry lieutenant from BSG anymore. Still cute, though.

That said, I like Brie Larson's look. And she trained like CRAZY for this part.
That part about training makes me think she is taking this job seriously
and she is capable actress so if anything goes wrong i would blame writers and directors

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
While this is just a meta commentary on the current state of pop culture and critical climate, please refrain from drive-by derails with little substance. This is a note, not a warning.
That part about training makes me think she is taking this job seriously
and she is capable actress so if anything goes wrong i would blame writers and directors
Blame whichever is the white male

Da-Kid

I think it's possible that Brie is just playing the part the way she's supposed to. Remember she has no memory of being on Earth, she only knows how to live among the Kree. She may not remember how to actually be human. And may have been taught not to.

Last edited:

fantomena

This thread reminds me off when Chris Evans was announced to as Steve Rogers. Everyone laughed, was skeptical and some even angry. He ended up being absolute perfect for Cap. Chris Evans is to Cap what RDJ is to Tony and Jackman is to Wolverine.

Feige and Finn knows what they are doing.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Feige and Finn knows what they are doing.

Yep. All the phase 3 MCU movies have been good.

Phase 1 was clumsy and Phase 2 was schlock except for Winter Soldier. But Phase 3 has been entertaining as hell and mostly well executed.

edit: nobody will remember Ant Man and the Wasp tho.

Last edited:
Yep. All the phase 3 MCU movies have been good.

Phase 1 was clumsy and Phase 2 was schlock except for Winter Soldier. But Phase 3 has been entertaining as hell and mostly well executed.

edit: nobody will remember Ant Man and the Wasp tho.

I would argue Phase 1 was strong mostly on the strength of Iron-Man and Captain America, IMO two of the best MCU films

Top Bottom