Captain Marvel Response and Reactions

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada

This guy's channel is now my preferred way to get a cliff's notes version of shit I will never watch. His TLJ review was great I thought.

I like the bit here where he mentions the Shield name joke, in CM they just call it Shield without using the Strategic Homeland yadda yadda yadda. it's kind of surprising to me that they would miss something like that, which was a running gag previously.

Also, I will give props to whoever came up with the idea to have Stan Lee reading the Mallrats script on the bus, great little reference there.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Dec 2, 2010

This guy's channel is now my preferred way to get a cliff's notes version of shit I will never watch. His TLJ review was great I thought.

I like the bit here where he mentions the Shield name joke, in CM they just call it Shield without using the Strategic Homeland yadda yadda yadda. it's kind of surprising to me that they would miss something like that, which was a running gag previously.

Also, I will give props to whoever came up with the idea to have Stan Lee reading the Mallrats script on the bus, great little reference there.
Yeah, mauler's movie stuff is pretty good aside from his Black Panther vid.

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Yeah, mauler's movie stuff is pretty good aside from his Black Panther vid.
Haven't seen that one yet, what's your issue with it? All the stuff of his I've watched I have liked so far, sometimes he does make my eyes roll a bit, but for the most part he makes very good points and edits his videos well.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
yes congrats on the world's biggest media company successfully marketing a 50 year old IP with a 21 film promotional lead-up to its release.

some days you think multinational conglomerations won't make money but, by golly, against all odds, they do!
Hey man, don't be the guy in my tag.

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

I am really enjoying this but the science he tries to talk about at 1:10:35 is so incredibly bad it makes me wonder if he even went to high school.

Reactions: Nymphae

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Hey man, don't be the guy in my tag.
His point stands though. There’s a significant corporate/media machine behind the film. That’s not really a statement about the quality of the movie itself. I also felt it was an appropriate snark level for the subject matter lol. I haven’t seen it but I’m not surprised it’s done well.

Reactions: MetalAlien

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
Ha this one is sweet. He directly contradicts her... no joking or teasing... just a straight up diss.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Jun 10, 2004
So you think he conducted that interview well? He got to that point in his life where he's interviewing the stars of a billion dollar movie based on his interviewing talents?
Not sure what you're talking about now. The point is they understood his questions. You did too.

If you want to talk about the quality of his interview, feel free to switch but that wasn't the post I was quoting. The interview seems about in line with every other holloywood fluff job. It's also blatantly obvious they're giving an interview to an Indian network while touring in Asia. Not sure what the hell this has to do with your "white people cant catch any breaks" shtick.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Not sure what you're talking about now. The point is they understood his questions. You did too.

If you want to talk about the quality of his interview, feel free to switch but that wasn't the post I was quoting. The interview seems about in line with every other holloywood fluff job. It's also blatantly obvious they're giving an interview to an Indian network while touring in Asia. Not sure what the hell this has to do with your "white people cant catch any breaks" shtick.
You've taken a turn I can't follow anymore. You'll have to go down that road on your own, traveler.

This guy sucks at interviewing, Jeremy Renner clearly can't even understand him at at least one point in that video, and it's only funny to point out because Brie Larson was very vocal about not being interviewed by white people who would have most likely done a better job.