• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captured on PS5 Official Images Only

Major_Key

perm warning for starting troll/bait threads
Exactly we dont see environment footage. How do you show a screenshot of just a model with no environment? And say its more impressive than Horizon’s extremely busy environment. Medium shows the switch between 2 environments with equally low amount of detail. You clearly arent moving while this is happening too.

Again youre showing just a model without an environment. Might as well show Aloy from Horizon without high density foliage, zero water effects, no open world... just her character with a blurred background.
1287caea0c1337d132985c2a2e78b617ed79cdef.gifv

53bfa2afec80b585aebe3bd3f9ee0857e0f4071d.gifv

d01391024d683c17088db93848880a70cf496b56.gifv

1fa060427f836984d08ccbe80307d8e4224c5024.gifv

If you think any of that is more impressive than this open world game. Then you probably thought Hells Blade 1 was more technically impressive than Horizon 1 because of more realistic faces? That is an opinion I guess. Not gonna judge that. But Halo? More impressive than even Spiderman MM? Yeah Ok.
1591913810-image.jpg

How is the model better? The blur? The lighting? Stick with Hells Blade 2 for all graphical boasting.
milesmorales_hero_ps5_legal_1_copy-h_2020.jpg

Halo is definitively more impressive because this halo screen is "in game" 4K60FPS.

Spiderman is Cinematic at 30FPS.

Remember when people some said that xbox cross gen games will be crushed by PS5 only next gen games ?

Halo is definitively more impressive because this halo screen is "in game" 4K60FPS.

Spiderman is Cinematic at 30FPS.

Remember when people some said that xbox cross gen games will be crushed by PS5 only next gen games ?
They are both in-game cinematics at 4K.You must be an insider cause I have zero clue where you got 30fps.

Kagero

Oh wow! That's impressive. Clearly more detail then what can be done currently. Very clean with excellent AA. R&C is staggeringly good looking.

nordique

The more I look at the graphics the more amazed I am

The in game graphics look like high quality cg in current gen games. Unreal.

really looking forward to ff7 remake part 2 now

iHaunter

At first by Microsoft's cross gen policy I really thought that Sony games would be a gen ahead. But ultimately no. Spiderman Miles Morales can clearly turn on PS4 the same for demon souls (which was to define the visual on launch games).

Finally I think Halo infinite will be 100% The best next gen launch visual, cross gen.

1591913810-image.jpg

1592000723-l3u4bv-xgz6-ckcypxpyvw.jpeg

1592002099-image.jpg

Sonys looks far better? Nice self-own? You also picked a blurry screenshot vs a clear screenshot.

Last edited:

Yoboman

At first by Microsoft's cross gen policy I really thought that Sony games would be a gen ahead. But ultimately no. Spiderman Miles Morales can clearly turn on PS4 the same for demon souls (which was to define the visual on launch games).

Finally I think Halo infinite will be 100% The best next gen launch visual, cross gen.

1591913810-image.jpg

1592002099-image.jpg
That Halo character model might have impressed as an early PS4 game

Vawn

Banned

1591913810-image.jpg

1592002099-image.jpg

Those images of Halo are not impressive. I would have guessed those are the base Xbox One version.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Horizon, there so much going on in that gift it's crazy. Halo gift is so static.

Oh, OK. My eye seems to appreciate the background in the Halo gif a bit more. It looks more photorealistic/interesting to me. But I agree the foreground in Horizon looks better, with more life. Granted, these are tiny gifs as well.

I'm just at the point where if I literally have to compare images and video side by side to determine what looks better, I'm done. Gameplay is king (as it always was).

Oh, OK. My eye seems to appreciate the background in the Halo gif a bit more. It looks more photorealistic/interesting to me. But I agree the foreground in Horizon looks better, with more life. Granted, these are tiny gifs as well.

I'm just at the point where if I literally have to compare images and video side by side to determine what looks better, I'm done. Gameplay is king (as it always was).

I'm excited to see what Halo looks like on Series X, Halo hasn't been the same since Bungie left.

Major_Key

perm warning for starting troll/bait threads
No i joke, Both consoles will kill it and we will enjoy.

Enough for me. Let's games talking
EaT-aGkXQAIei0V

At the end I think PS5 will sell +110M and xbox (Series X/Series S) 70-80M

Last edited:
Have to wait for more crispy.

Game reminds me of Kameo. Which I remember wanting , but never played. Sony better give them $. shit looked good.

Kameo was definitely what sprung into mind when I saw it.

I'm honestly really happy that a game like Kena exists.

We need more games like that, and I hope that the game does so well that it gets a sequel and maybe even become first party studio with Sony and be the main studio to do Disney Animation like quality games.

It seems that so few of such titles come out as a AAA hitter, with exception of R&C, that it can only be a good thing.

How is the model better? The blur? The lighting? Stick with Hells Blade 2 for all graphical boasting.

Honestly I don't think we can compare HellBlade 2 to Horizon Zero Dawn yet. After reading through Eurogamers tech analysis it appears that it was more of a tech demo than anything else. For one it's rendering 60% of the pixels of a native 4K image which is lower than HZD2s resolution and second it was recorded at 24FPS. We have to wait and see what the final product looks like before we can compare the two.

"If you look at the metadata of the video - it is mastered at just 24 frames per second and the actual resolution of the rendered frame between the cinematic black bars is 3840x1608: so a little more than 74 per cent of a 'real' 4K in spatial resolution and at 80 per cent of 30fps. All together, that is 60 per cent of the amount of pixels pushed per second compared to 4K30 - and something that's decidedly easier to render than you may expect."

Edit: Found it

Quality of this video is great.

takeaways so far:

Ratchet & Clank 4K native/30fps with RT
Godfall is Native 4K/60fps but RT seems absent now.
Horizon was Native 4K/30fps

Last edited:

yurinka

We don't see environment footage for Halo Infinite.

Lol and why you use U5 tech demo ?
Maybe because it's running on PS5.

SX also can change between level instantaneously.
Medium_GIF2_Niwa.gif
This is just a small portion of a level, the same we saw in previous generations.

The difference is that Ratchet loads huge levels with an insane amount of objects and insane detail and polycount.

I don't see game reach Hellblade 2/Halo infinite character model/facial animation that all. If you think this is true generation leap it's your though.
Hellbade 2 close-up is impressive, Ninja Theory already shown in Hellblade 1 that they have impressive facial capture tech and in basically all games they show they have great artists and having a crazy character making all these face gestures helps to highlight it. The Halo character doesn't have anything special, looks like a random NPC compared to Aloy, Mile Morales or Shenua from Hellblade.

HZD2 environnement is impressive but its not gameplay.
There are portions where it's gameplay or these 'soft cutscenes' made in the previous gen using gameplay assets and lighting (this gen they won't need them, they can scale detail from the big ass cutscene assets on the fly), like the one with the mamooth or when Aloy is riding that 'horse' away from the camera.

And even if it doesn't count we saw straight gameplay demos in other games like Ratchet or GT7. Something we still have to see from a 1st party Series X game.

Even GT7 is slightly better than GTsport.
Maybe it's because it uses raytracing at 4K 60fps.

Last edited:
I'm loving all these HQ direct feed images. Stream quality was awful, but even still you could tell the games looks amazing. This gen is going to be legit af.

Can't wait to see what God of War II looks like. The bump up between Horizon 1 and 2 is substantial when seen side by side.

Last edited:
No. I was disappointed like many others. The best looking game I saw was RE8 a multiplatform game. Many of the others are timed exclusives or indies.

Ratchet and Clank was really the only other one I was impressed with.
The Horzion 2 trailer was in engine cutscenes, which is far different that actual gameplay where u r in full control of the character.

Guerrilla Games is among the top developers in the world, and they are likely showing what their game looks like today. This is not a tech demo showing what they would like to achieve in some distant future, but the kind of open world experience made possible with the new hardware. It even shows extensive use of the I/O system, but its role is more subtle. If you are into technical details, there is a making of doc and a few post mortems that demonstrate the extensive technology they developed to realize the previous game. I would not be at all surprised if extensive gameplay were shown later in the summer to further build hype. The trailer is just a teaser, offering a glimpse of the story and the environment.

Be skeptical if you like, but are you going to eat your shorts when the gameplay looks the same as the trailer?

Also, try to keep in mind that Sony has had a bit of a head start, getting development kits out earlier, and a host of world-class studios all set to go with their ducks in a row. MS only recently made acquisitions and formed some studios, so they may need more time to catch up, which may partially explain why they are taking a little longer in their transition to next gen.

It will probably take some time before we see the truly mind-blowing games with extensive use of mega scans, or a Superman-like character flying around a planet, etc.

Anyway, MS should have a cool outing of their work next month, and maybe some of it will be truly impressive. After all, the console is pretty comparable, and plenty of game features scale easily across platforms. And if that does not work out, it is probably just a matter of time. When will HB2 be ready? Any idea how far along in development it is? Are we going to see gameplay this year? Ninja Theory should have little problem delivering on their vision based on their past work and familiarity with UE.

SX also can change between level instantaneously.

Medium_GIF2_Niwa.gif

Is that actual gameplay or a cutscene?

If it's a cutscene they can take the control away from the player and mask the loading. I haven't seen much more of that switching feature but it doesn't appear to work during Gameplay from what I've seen. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till the games released.

With that said the dimension switching in Ratchet seems alot more impressive to me. It's very impressive when Ratchet switches between multiple dimensions at an extremely fast pace and the whole ordeal tightly integrated into the game play. No weird cutscene needed to mask the load times which is what other games do with their elevators and cutscenes.

1591913810-image.jpg

1592002099-image.jpg

Not gonna happen.

Rikkori

People arguing over cutscene IQ is so dumb. Do y'all still PLAY games or do you just focus on taking screenshots for console warring? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom