• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capy’s mysterious Xbox One adventure 'Below' emerges from the shadows

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
because..he doesn't want to buy another console just to get this game and he's thankful that there is an alternative option..why are you butthurt about who he thanks?

lol, 'butthurt'. steam is literally the only party in this arrangement it doesn't make sense to thank.

*dead father and mother leave me $100,000*

'thanks, ferrari!'

Hoo-doo

Banned
lol, 'butthurt'. steam is literally the only party in this arrangement it doesn't make sense to thank.

'thanks, ferrari!'

Steam could be thanked merely for existing and being a great platform for PC games.

People are really blowing this out of proportion, i'm happy as fuck that this hits PC. Why wouldn't anyone be?

'thanks, ferrari!'

garbage analogy aside, dude is happy steam is an option and is thankful for not having to buy MS's 450+ console just to play it, why not let dude thank who he wants without jumping down his throat?

This thread took a bit of a weird turn, but thanks all the same for the support of the game. Between Super Time Force and Below, we're really f'n excited about what we're making and hope that excitement comes through in the games.

We'll be showing/discussing the game publicly a lot more, so expect to see some more stuff pop up on the internets.

Nabs

We haven't (and won't be) talking about release plans for a while, but there's nothing stopping us from doing what you suggested :)

This makes me happy. I can't wait.

This thread took a bit of a weird turn, but thanks all the same for the support of the game. Between Super Time Force and Below, we're really f'n excited about what we're making and hope that excitement comes through in the games.

We'll be showing/discussing the game publicly a lot more, so expect to see some more stuff pop up on the internets.

The game looks great. I can't wait to see more (quality) content.

On a scale of 1 to 13, how excited should we be for this game?

I am wickedly excited about our work on the game. I hope people are too (cough 14 cough cough)

Funfact: only a handful of people (out of everyone that played) at PAX East "finished" the demo. It was pretty massive. There's already so much to discover in the game...

JaggedSac

I am wickedly excited about our work on the game. I hope people are too (cough 14 cough cough)

Funfact: only a handful of people (out of everyone that played) at PAX East "finished" the demo. It was pretty massive. There's already so much to discover in the game...

14? I'm in, lol.

I seem to recall some mentions of online enabled features. Is that still on the plate?

STF and Below, two very different games but hyped as hell for both! If you could get Microsoft to hurry up with certification so you pick a release date and I can throw money at you, that would be great :)

statham

certain characters showed up. about the comment with dark souls. will you guys have different difficulty levels. I'm not one who enjoys extremely difficult games.

14? I'm in, lol.

I seem to recall some mentions of online enabled features. Is that still on the plate?

The fact that the procedural dungeons are all a single screen, and the scale we chose for the game... there's a lot of interesting things we can do...

STF and Below, two very different games but hyped as hell for both! If you could get Microsoft to hurry up with certification so you pick a release date and I can throw money at you, that would be great :)

We're doing our best, as is the crew working in Cert at Microsoft. Hope to know soon...

so I am from toronto and like I would totally love to come play below for a bit are you guys gonna ever have some sort of showing locally?

certain characters showed up. about the comment with dark souls. will you guys have different difficulty levels. I'm not one who enjoys extremely difficult games.

There won't be difficulty levels. Its a difficult game, and that's central to the design.

so I am from toronto and like I would totally love to come play below for a bit are you guys gonna ever have some sort of showing locally?

We're definitely going to do some Toronto showings. Not sure what the next one is...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
There won't be difficulty levels. Its a difficult game, and that's central to the design.

We're definitely going to do some Toronto showings. Not sure what the next one is...

Hope you guys hit the jackpot CW, both games look intriguing as f***k, super diverse and with a great sense of aesthetics! How much have you guys expanded? I mean, it must be pretty demanding developing both games in combo even tho I reckon that maybe STF must have been close to being done with the X360 version back then...

will there ever be another clash of heroes? off topic i know but i really love that game. i am excited for below and can't wait for it to come out on steam.

We don't have any control over Clash of Heroes. We made the entire game, but Ubi owns it. I doubt we'll see a sequel (despite the amazing reviews + fan love).

We don't have any control over Clash of Heroes. We made the entire game, but Ubi owns it. I doubt we'll see a sequel (despite the amazing reviews + fan love).

Do you have any statistics you can share on how many copies were downloaded via Games with Gold? Would be a good little stat to have. I imagine you can't share, but never hurts to ask :p.

I had nevered played the game until it was offered there and I quite enjoyed it.

Its a sure bet its coming for Steam and PS4 later on and I cannot wait...

http://www.capybaragames.com/2013/08/pause/

We've already officially announced its coming to steam as well as Xbox One. And I commented above about the "timing"... sorta...

Hope you guys hit the jackpot CW, both games look intriguing as f***k, super diverse and with a great sense of aesthetics! How much have you guys expanded? I mean, it must be pretty demanding developing both games in combo even tho I reckon that maybe STF must have been close to being done with the X360 version back then...

Wow, thanks. We've been around 20 people for quite a while. We're 22 right now across Super Time Force and Below.

We were actually working on STF up until the last minute on 360. Hell, even past the last minute. Its been super tough developing two games at a 'showable' state at the same time, but I am crazy proud of how the team dealt with it and didn't sacrifice a drop of quality.

Top Bottom